It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm supposed to start my 1st dose of subs on Thursday @ 1 pm. I figured I could take my pills tonight (Tuesday) and be okay for Thursday. I have taken around 40mg of endocet. Last pill @ 9pm. Now Im paranoid that I wont be in enough w/d for Thurs. :cry:

set me free, you had said that since it was a short acting opiate, I should be okay..but Im really nervous...can anyone tell me if endos are a short acting opiate? Is there anything I can do tomorrow to assist my body in getting this stuff out of it? These are probably really dumb questions but I appreciate the help...

Post subject: Starting Suboxone....
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:52 am 
New Poster
New Poster

no one can tell you for certain because everyones body is different but i can tell you how it worked for me.
i was on Lortabs mainly and I took about 20 Tabs 10mg at about 6:00-7:00pm and I started Suboxone the next day around lunch.
I had a good friend that had done the same thing so i figured it would work for me and it did. i didn't get sick at all.
like i said though, that doesn't mean you won't get sick, I'm just telling you my experience.
Good Luck and hang in there. Suboxone has helped me get my life back.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:52 am 
Hey Bigbear! You should be fine! Hopefully you haven't taken any more since that last dose Tues at 9pm. Yes, Endocet is just plain old oxycodone and tylenol - not a sustained release type of opiate. That being the case, starting Suboxone at 24 hours post last dose should work out fine.
I would imagine, by now, you're feeling kinda crappy! Hang in there - here in a few hours after that first dose of Sub, you're gonna feel so much better! Hope I answered in time to help!
Let us know how your induction goes!
Best to you!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

well, i started my w/ds at 20 hours..by 22 hours (630pm last night) i couldnt take it anymore. I took a 5mg vicodin, cut it in half, cut in half again..so I took 1.25 mg of vicodin..it helped for about two hours, then I was back into the w.ds again..last nite i had the night sweats, shaky legs and insomnia. But this morning I feel okay..just a little off..not bad..you still think I'll be good to go @ 1?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:52 am 
Oh man! I was afraid that was gonna happen! I just can't stand being in w/d at night - it's the worst - restless legs and pain, anxiety and insomnia - hate it!!! The way I planned out my induction - I took pain pills in the a.m. so I'd only have one night without anything before starting Sub. The first night without anything isn't that bad, but the second night is hell! Sounds like that's what happened to you - just couldn't tolerate that second night without any drugs on board. I'm sorry!
I really don't know the answer to your question though. You'll only be at 18 hours or so post your last dose, but it was such a tiny amount that you took - I have a feeling you'll be okay. I bet by the time your appointment time arrives you'll be back into some withdrawal symptoms and if that's the case - I'd be that much more confident that you'll be okay to go ahead and start your Suboxone without it putting you into precipitated withdrawal. The Sub doctor I see did a brief physical exam to verify that I was in mild withdrawals before giving my first dose. Perhaps yours will do the same. Your safest bet is to go ahead and tell the doctor you took that tiny bit of hydrocodone yesterday evening and see what he/she advises. Worst case scenario - they may make you come back tomorrow for your induction. I hope not - sounds like you need to get it going!
I am not an expert on this - but I've done a lot of reading, especially on this forum - and from all I've read, I think you'll be okay. Hopefully some others will chime in who've done their induction with less than 24 hours since their last pain pill.
Please let me know how it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I can post my experience as well. I have started sub on as little as 12 hours after my last dose of a short acting opiate. I did not have any issues. I do suspect that my metabolism is faster than most so I think this may have helped. But I have found that being in even mild withdrawals is enough. It's when you feel just fine that you get into trouble. In my opinion you will be just fine to start even with that small dose of opiate. Good luck to you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I also have gone a short time (12hrs) before my 1st dose of Suboxone. But.. I was taking Percocet's 10/325's and was only on them for about a month. I did have prior Suboxone inductions that were 15hrs and 30hrs. Good luck with this..

Once from his disease,
Once from his addiction,
Once from his physician’s ignorance.

Karen Miotto, M.D. - Integrated Substance Abuse Program, UCLA