It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:19 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I read somewhere on the internet the best way to feel your zubsolv or suboxone is to break it into pieces and mix it with water and alcohol and place cotton in the mixture and put the cotton pieces under your tongue. Now, i cant find where i read that and i dont want to do it wrong. It was posted by a doctor. Does anyone know how to do this? If so, would you please post the instructions and clarify if its rubbing alcohol or drinking alcohol? I hope im not offending anyone by posting this, its just ive recently switched from suboxone to zubsolv and its not working as well for me. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I can say with a high degree of certainty that it was not rubbing alcohol. Some use Listerine, which 20% alcohol.

Go over to Dr. J's blog. He has one or more articles that discuss maximizing the absorption.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:50 am 

Here's a link to one of Dr. J's posts that Morphing is referring to:

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/optimizing- ... bsorption/

Amy

P.S. DO NOT USE RUBBING ALCOHOL!!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:27 am 

One, Welcome to the forum! Two: most of us don't take Suboxone to feel it. We take it to feel normal and not have the cravings for opiates. I assume you were just using the wrong words to describe the intent of Buprenorphine. Three: I moved your thread into a more appropriate section. The one you picked is for our Dr. Junig to post in.

Why don't you tell us more about yourself in the Introduction section. That way more people can get to know you.

Welcome here!

rule

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:09 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

DO NOT use "rubbing alcohol"!!
I use the Mint Listerine(20% alcohol) but you can use grain alcohol if that is your preference.
I will use 2ml of Mint Listerine per 8mg strip. You can use 1 ml per 8mg strip and it will still dissolve.
Remember, we are talking basically "drops" of liquid (1 drop = 0.0648524 Milliliter)
15 Drops = 0.972786 Milliliter. There are 15 ml in 1 tablespoon. Get the picture?
I am basically counting drops of liquid for my dose.
This all depends on where you are in your recovery on how much to use.
I don't know anything about the pills as far as the minimal amount of liquid to dissolve them. You would have to experiment like I have.
Be aware that you are basically doubling your dose by using alcohol because of the strong absorption affect. Lets just say a 1 to 2 difference. 8mg = 16mgs. You get more bang for the buck! lol
Hope this helps
Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:23 pm 

Happy, I must have been editing my post above yours about the rubbing alcohol when you were writing yours! LOL

Hopefully the OP gets the picture about rubbing alcohol being so pure that it would be incredibly dangerous to use!

Amy

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:26 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Amy, LOL
I just read yours! See I told you things would work out for the best. Looks like you have a future job waiting on you!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Happyg1961, I use the strips, and have placed them under my tongue like I'm supposed to for absorption, and I've read about using alcohol to increase the dosage amount absorbed, but I guess I'm trying to understand specifics. Do I put the strip under my tongue, then add a drop of alcohol, let it dissolve, and swallow the salvia? I tries to use Listerine, but my mouth became so salivated, I feel like the dose dissolved rapidly, and I had to swallow. What am I doing wrong, if anyone can share details, I would appreciate it, thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:19 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi Todd,
I will tell you exactly how I have found that works best for me.
Materials needed: Nyquil measuring cup or any small cup, a syringe with no needle in it, (I use a 3ml syringe), 1 or 2, 8mg Suboxone strips, small piece of cotton, and Mint Listerine
Step 1: Place sub strip in empty cup
Step 2: Draw in 1ml of Listerine in syringe
Step 3:Squirt into cup with Suboxone (I "tilt" the cup on it's edge with the sub in the "bottom" corner.)
Step 4:Gently swish the mixture trying to keep it in the "bottom" corner with the tip of syringe. (I don't want the mixture to spread out across the bottom "flat" of the cup) 1 ml is only aprox. 20 to 30 drops
Step 5:I draw the mixture into the syringe and if it is not completely dissolved then squirt it back in the cup keeping the cup tilted and then draw it in again. Now you will have about 1.2 ml of liquid
Step 6: (Optional) drop your desired dose on cotton and place under your tongue
.6 ml =4mgs of sub if you use 1, 8mg strip,
You can use 1 ml with 2 strips the same way. Strips break down really easy
I just stick the syringe in the fridge because I only take .3 to .4 ml of sub a day.
That is pretty much all there is to it.
Hope this helps you,
Happy

Last edited by happyg1961 on Wed May 06, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Happy

I have a couple more questions LOL

Is it an entire cotton ball? Or is it spit ball size?
Does it lose potency when kept in the fridge for a few days?

Do you put the syringe in a baggie or just in a small bowl?

How long do you let it sit under your tongue?

It is a pretty big difference in absorption done with cotton! Someone taking 8 mg can get by with taking half!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:52 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Tiki,
Is that brand name cotton or generic? You know there is 30% less in generic! LMAO
Honestly, I don't use the cotton, that was just for you over salivaters.
I keep all my subs in the frig, but I don't have kids so I don't have to hide it. It shouldn't lose any potency. Now that you all know where I keep my meds, don't try to break in and steal it, or my cat will scratch your eyes out, after I shoot you in the back of the head. Oh, and put one in your chest to make sure you are down! lol
Oh, back to the questions you asked. Just tear off pieces of cotton would be my suggestion.
A baggie would be fine to store it in.
Anymore questions??? Lol

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:11 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's nice to see people with a sense of humor, btw, you're not watching enough gansta movies, it's a minimum of 2 to the chest :). Must be a bad ass cat, mine's too fat and lazy. So I get the process, then I guess I just put the cotton ball under my tongue and let it sit there for a while? Sorry, but haven't tried this before, does the alcohol breakdown the strip better so you get more medication. I've never really had an issue sticking it under my tongue, but if I can use half a strip instead of a whole one daily, then I could save some cash...more cat treats lol

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:06 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yes,
Everyone needs to have a sense of humor. It is just my nature to joke around but I have a serious side too.
This method seems to work for me.
Alcohol was the original way the companies tested the strength of Suboxone. I am not making this up. Maybe Dr. Junic can explain it a little better than I can. My understanding is regular method is up to 30% absorption and using alcohol increase absorption up to 70%, but don't take my word for it only. This is not for I.V. use or anything like that! It can make your subs last a lot longer. If you are content with how you are taking your meds, then keep taking it your way. This is probably not for everyone.
Anyways, I will have to look into the 2 to the chest thing! lol
Take care everyone
happy

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:11 am 

This may be a dumb question but I'm going to ask it anyway. Instead of going through so much trouble to make it into liquid to get the most out of the medication, why don't you just ask for a higher dose?

R

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I recognize this thread is pretty old. But I'm new to Zubsolv and I'm trying to do like it says, maximize the absorption, to make my dose feel as strong and last as long as I can make it. I've got 50% isopropyl alcohol. How come you guys say not to use this?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:56 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Rubbing alcohol is pure. Meaning it'll make you extremely sick at best.
When they say to make an alcohol solution they mean to use either Listerine as mentioned above or something like vodka or ever clear.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:57 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Oh and I'm not condoning alcohol use. Just want to add that disclaimer.
But if someone is going to use alcohol then the harm reduction school of thought dictates that you make sure they don't poison themselves using rubbing alcohol.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I only have alcohol free mouthwash and I don't have any other liquor in the house. But the isopropyl is only 50 percent. Would that make a difference? Also it's only a few drops. I really didn't realize it'd poison you. I remember reading somewhere that everclear is basically rubbing alcohol. The closest store is about 3 miles and I can't leave my apartment so I was just trying to use what I had at home.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:43 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Couldn't a person simply rinse their mouth with Listerine prior to dosing? Wouldn't that increase absorption without going through all that trouble?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:18 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

From what I read, yes, just rinsing with the mouthwash helps absorption. But I'm trying to get the full 70% that the doctor claims you can get. It's really not that much trouble. I just crush a little under half of my pill and put it in a spoon with a few drops of mouthwash. Then let it dissolve for a few seconds and throw a cotton ball in the solution. Then pop it under my tongue. Compared to the amount of work I use to go through to get high in active Heroin addiction, this is nothing. I did the experiment yesterday and I noticed a pretty significant difference. I'm currently trying it with about a quarter of my pill. If I can get away with taking a fourth of my normal dose and not have any cravings or crazy urges I would be pretty stoked. Again, I'll let you guys know how it goes.