It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Maximizing Absorption
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I read you could dissolve the tablet in alcohol and then put that solution in some small cotton balls and then under your tongue. Apparently you get up to around 70% absorption that way instead of the normal 30%. I read You should use mouthwash or some kind of Rum/Vodka and not to use isopropyl alcohol. Has anyone used this method recently and care to explain or show me a link that'll give me a little more insight as to why I shouldn't use the isopropyl? Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:27 am 

If u try using the forums search function, u should be able to find some information here on liquid tapers. Just type in liquid taper. I know there's been a few that have swore by this method saying it was the best way after getting to a lower dose. I know someone mentioned Listerine too. I obviously have no experience with it but I know it's been discussed here several times.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

http://www.healthline.com/health/isopro ... #overview1

Depending on dose, it is toxic. You'll have to decide whether any amount is safe.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I walked the 3 miles to buy some generic mouthwash. It's insane how much alcohol is in this. A whopping 22%. I checked the kids generic mouthwash as well and it's even got 8% That blows my mind... But I'm doing the experiment as I type this. So I will let you guys know how it goes. I appreciate everyone's input.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:29 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Were you able to tell a difference when using this method compared to just letting it disolve regularly?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:03 pm 

Opiateslave wrote:
I walked the 3 miles to buy some generic mouthwash. It's insane how much alcohol is in this. A whopping 22%. I checked the kids generic mouthwash as well and it's even got 8% That blows my mind... But I'm doing the experiment as I type this. So I will let you guys know how it goes. I appreciate everyone's input.

That is why my sponsor in AA took away my mouthwash when I first got sober. What a nasty way to get drunk!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes 100% I could tell a difference 4U2NV it works very well. I'll be at 3 mg instead of my normal dose at 8. This will save me so much money. I'll also be able to taper down so much easier now. I thought I was going to have to be on Subs for a long time. But if I can keep this mindset and keep this low dose going then I think I can start to lower my dose within the next 2 or 2 months.
Also, rule62 I'm definitely not trying to get drunk off this mouthwash ,gross, I'm doing the liquid taper deal we are talking about above.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:28 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Are you doing the cotton ball thing?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:16 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey ,guys kind of new to this forum thing so if i do something wrong pls feel free to let me know anyway i see talk on here about the pills but can someone pls tell me how to properly take the strips thats all i get and i see all kinds of stuff like do u hold the spit or do u swallow or what i know it sounds gross but if anyone could help me with this i would be so greatful thanks a bunch.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:58 pm 

Hello Heaven,
To maximize your obsorbtion you first use a very Dry mouth.
Place the film or tablet under the tougue and as it begins to "melt" or disolve you then start with the tip
of the tougue to scoop up the medication and "Paint" the Entire inside of your mouth. Keep your tougue moving and keep spreading the med. Gums, roof of the mouth, inside cheek linings. Everywhere. This helps to keep the saliva away from med.

This is what Dr Junig writes about in the blog. It is untitled Maximize Absorbtion of Suboxone .You will find it in the Talkzone. Use the bar it the top of this page.
The reason behind this method is to 1, more coverage area for the sub to get to. 2. More time for the medicine to be taken in to the caps and bloodstream. I do this and have been for a number of years. The drier the mouth the better. But dont take my word for it, go over and read what our founder has written.
Also ,you never want to swollow your dose or medication. I do this painting step for a good 20 mins or so...good luck.

There are a number of threads here the talk about the liquid taper method. These people really began in the super low doses. 1mg and less. Anything before that isnt really needed. Oh you can save on medication, sure.

My 2 cents..keep reading and go to the Suboxone Talkzone blog too...

Razor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been dissolving it under my tongue for 10 mins and spitting it out. before spitting out, I woosh it around on my cheeks (painting method)....I found that before I did this, I was getting headaches DAILY. Ever since I've been spitting it out, no more headaches. the narcan in it is a nasty drug..So if anyone is getting headaches, spit! Swallowing doesn't increase the amt of SUBs you get.

When my Dr first told me about spitting, I was skeptical, it took me a few months to even try it. But now, it's the only way i'll take them.
Have a great day! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I tried spitting my dose once or twice and I ended up feeling withdrawals that evening. Seem to me that some people still do absorb a fair bit of their dose in the GI tract, or at least enough for them to notice the difference when they do spit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:21 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, this is my first post but I thought that this info may help. My doctor was discussing absorption and told me the 20 before dosing under the tounge not to smoke a cigarette or drink caffeine. After absorbing wait another 20 minutes before smoking a cigarette or drinking caffeine.
The reasoning is that nicotine and caffeine are constricting which causes the vessels in the mouth to shrink, therefore not allowing full absorbtion.
Hope this helps someone reading this who had questions.
Marie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:11 pm 

Thanks for posting, Marie!

It makes sense that anything that causes constriction of the blood vessels would impede absorption.

It's nice to have you here and I hope you keep posting! Welcome!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:29 pm 

I did not know that Marie! I do both. I'm a huge Diet Mountain Dew drinker and a smoker unfortunately :/ so that's a great tip, thanks! I've never really waited very long after drinking a pop and smoking to take my usual dose. I'll definitely remember this :)