It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:31 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

ok so i've been on suboxone tabs of 8mgs for 3 years now around 20-24 mgs a day. alot better that the alternative of an up hill battle with this disease of addiction. im 31 and have been on opiates several times over and over till i was introduced to suboxone. it help put my life back together. i have been taking 20 mgs of tabs a day. i just tried the film for the first time today and put it under my tongue like told. i like that it dissolves faster and the taste never bothered me either way. my question is does anyone feel a difference in how they feel with the switch? i felt like it wasnt as effective. maybe its psychological though. does anyone feel that it loses its potency once the package is opened? i cut one film in half and wrapped other half with tin foil for night use. does that make a difference by not using it all at once?

Post subject: Switching to film
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi, marsnd. I too switched from the tabs to the film and it wasn't entirely smooth for me. I got some irritability and nausea and a mild headache. I'd felt like that on Subutex and I figured I was getting too much Bup, so I lowered my dose and those things went away...but I got a bit of w/d, lol. Regardless, it all worked itself out. After a week on it I was pretty good and by two weeks was completely fine and leveled out. I think the films are supposed to be a bit stronger because of the higher bioavailability, but I've read posts where people say they think they are not as strong, so it's hard to tell. In what way do you feel different?

As far as the potency once the package is opened, the films absolutely degrade faster than the tabs because there's little or no preservatives in them. So, once you open that package, the film will start to break down. That said, they don't break down so quickly that you cannot take the rest of one the same day you open it, at least IMO. I'm taking 1.25-1.5 mg a day and those suckers are expensive, so I use every little bit!! I save the old packets and use them to store little pieces by squeezing the air out and folding the top down. I use the entire contents over a span of 2 days, and I don't notice any difference in the potency over those two days. I have pieces that I didn't use because I did such a bad job cutting them. Those pieces have broken down noticeably, but it took a while.

Good luck! I hope the films end up working for you because they are a lot faster!!

laddertipper