It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:46 am 
Oh definitely rolly....no apologies called for! You did nothing wrong and you have interesting things to say! I just am at a point in my treatment where the original subject stirs a great deal of interest for me and was curious if anyone else had thoughts or opinions on the matter.
No big deal really.
Grateful to Hatmaker for jumping in there and letting you know you had done nothing wrong....certainly didn't mean to imply that you had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

As the author of this thread, I am shocked and appalled that it has taken such a turn. HOW DARE YOU!!! :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No worries at all on the thread getting off topic, it happens a lot.

Post subject: maintenance dose
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:59 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

my thoughts on maintenance dose are it depends on your daily dose when you were abusing. i can only speak from my past, my daily dose was 40-50 mgs. hydros + 10-12 beers. i have been on between 2 and 3 mgs. of sub. for 6 years. this seems to work for me. i can not imagine what my life would be like now without sub. i know i was a low dose addict, but life was hell. i feel like myself now and my life is back. i just found this website and i'm very inpressed. not a big talker or typer so don't be pissed if i don't post much or maybe you'll be happy : :) hang in there everybody, with this website,DR. and sub there's hope everyone..

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would say that a maintenance dose should be at least 4mg....the official ceiling level. I was able to take two mg with no withdrawals, but I ended up having the urge to use.
For the person who asked if you can feel it when you are at a low dose....I could feel my dose when I went down to 1-2 mg a day. But to me it wasn't like full agonists, and it definitely wasn't euphoric. It was just something like a slight foggy feeling...hard to describe, but very mild.

Post subject: My 2¢
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:41 pm 

Reading the pamphlet info about Suboxone given by my pharmacy, it said the maintenance dose was two 8mg films or 16mgs. That sounds like a dose that would stop cravings to me.

So the company that makes Sub says 16. To me it's up to you and your doctor to agree on a dose.

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The company that makes the drug says 16mg is a maintenance dose. I wonder why they say that? I what po$$ible rea$on$ could they have for wanting folk$ to be taking higher do$ages of $uboxone? :P

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My "Maintinence dose" is 22mgs and 120 Cymbalta. Its taking me 15 minutes to dial the phone. I am so glad i spent my day on this website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This thread taught me a lot. I didn't know 2mgs was "sub therapeutic" I'm at 2mgs in my taper. I think for me it's mostly keeping the withdraw and such away. I have stopped and stayed at 2 rather than dropping since I do feel a little odd. I feel like if I have less than 2 some of the craving might break through and I want to be mentally ready for that. I want to have the support network in place.

I find it tempting to go back up to 4mgs. I think if I do feel like I might relapse I should just relapse on to the suboxone. I'm ready to do that if things get bad.

I took opioids to self-medicate for depression. Now I think my welbutrin is doing a great job with my depression along with the subs. I have not been depressed at all since I went on these drugs, but I really started feeling better when my doc upped my dose of welbutrin from 150 to 300! It was like I got my self-esteem back and I have not thought about killing myself for weeks!

:D

For me that's a big deal, even on oxy pills I'd feel physically nice...but still have thoughts of suicide every single day, it got SO OLD. I just wanted it to stop I tried taking everything (except SSRIs for some reason)

So, the fact that taking less subs and more welbutrin has me feeling better for onec has thinking that the welbutrin is whats helping the depression. And if I'm not depressed, then one of my big reasons for using is gone!

As for abusing SSRIs? Please be careful, I think nothing happens when you try to abuse some of them, but with welbutrin it can make you very sick. I took a double dose one day by mistake (I forgot that I took it before my shower, then took it again after...) that day my head hurt so badly-- I called my doc and he said that if my symptoms got worse i should go to the ER.

So, don't abuse SSRIs it won't work and it might even make you sick.

Post subject: ah yes
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

junkie781 wrote:
The company that makes the drug says 16mg is a maintenance dose. I wonder why they say that? I what po$$ible rea$on$ could they have for wanting folk$ to be taking higher do$ages of $uboxone? :P

Not to mention as the Doc said, this "Filam" crap was just to keep the Patent hot for another 7 years.

I was just telling my husband the way Ive been feeling for the last month is exaclty how you feel right after surgery,,,,when you're all dopey and you keep repeating yourself, and something or other will snap you to "real" conciousnedd for a few seconds. I wonder if this is the Heroin nod everyone talks about. Nust not be, because this is AWFUL and I would NEVAH pay money to feel like THIS! Sucky-Sucky.

PS) Also in the last 6 weeks I quit smoking 2 packs a day, so my body is in super shock...qyute by accident I'm unable to drink my 8 cups of coffee a day without my cigs, so Ive got a HELL of a lot going on.