It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:37 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi there a new member that had been reading here for awhile. I had been up to 120mg and weened down to 16 mgs of methadone over a span of ten years at clinic. Once i got down to 30 i was on the fence about switching over so went as far as i can which was 16mgs but got really hard and had to start using other opiate pills to get buy once in a awhile. Well after 10 years of zero dirty drops they caught me. So instead of driving everyday 45 miles one way i made the appt to c my family doc who is licensed to give subs. I tried 6 years ago at 50 mgs but was still abusing my take homes of which i got a month at a time. It obviously put me in pre wd which was awful. So i went back to clinic and kept tapering very slowly.last Wed I went to the doc and drew out a plan. He said no more clinic....were done with that. I said yes sir we are. I told him i wanted a bridge for a couple days which he thought was great. Only he didn't give enough at all which was fine. I turned to the street to grab some more for over weekend. So Thursday i took my last meth dose(i had bumped back up to 26mgs for a week)and was hoping for the best. it comes down to goin 96 hours offmeth and only 24 of hydro. I only had 1 BAD night which was last night....Sunday. I hadn't been in w/d in ten years so i forgot how awfully was. But boy was it worth it. i walked in and still only scored 14 on scale. So nurse gave me 4mgs suboxone and with 20 min to let it settle. It settled me with in 8-10 min. She came back in gave another 4 and i was my normal self again. Man Im so glad i switched as i feel great and will save me ton of money for a change with insurance. Just wanted to tell my story to u guys on her that gave me inspuration to do it. On the road to the right type of recovery now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations on a smooth transition! Best of luck in this new chapter of your recovery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:57 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you so much tiny dancer. I do have a pretty high buzz which i didn't think would happen on that low of a dose. Does that seem normal to feel that considering how long i was on everything else? I think tomorrow ill try taking 6mg or even just 4

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Honestly? In my opinion if you are on the correct dose of suboxone you do not feel a buzz. You feel what yuo imagine is normal. Not high.. not low. Just, even.

When I switched from methadone to suboxone I felt like hell for a couple weeks. No matter how much suboxone I took, it didn't matter. I didn't taper from methadone properly though and sent myself into precipitated wds. So it's a different situation. If you are getting buzzed and or have headaches, can't sleep, etc. You are probably taking a bit more than you need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:31 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Yea that's honestly what thought too. I guess its not high but more what i felt when i was on my dose of done. Not complaining at all just wanna make sure what i feel is ok. I also loaded up on ativan. phenergan and clonidine so that could b it. I do know there is no more disphoria or foggy head so i don't think it could of been better. I read up on it so much before so hat helped. Now trying to get best buddy to get down to around 50 of meth and my doc will bridge him over as he did with me. Thanks for all the help