It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I MADE IT OFF SUBOXONE
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It has been 38 days. And i feel pretty good, although i still dont feel that "normal" experience all day long, I can somewhat remember as a young teenager(11-13).
Right now im enjoying a nice hot tea of tamamile(or however u spell it)..helps relax me.
Around day 22 i could feel those brief moments of normalcy come back to me. Im still struggling a bit to get my life in the right direction in a positive manner...although i feel much better there still are other bumps in the road that wont be easy as well...ALL tho coming off of suboxone was the hardest thing i've ever had to do. I feel so proud of myself..I...ME...I..actually got off suboxone!
My doc gave me klonopin and trazadone my first 2 weeks......I cried alot...couldnt get a deep night sleep. had diarhea allday...my pee smelled bad and i was depressed as hell. And i had that over all feeling of being uncomfortable...

Keep in mind i injected heroin(100$ habit) for 5 years, then went on suboxone and was stuck on that for 4 years.
I got myself down to .25mg a day...got unemployment and quit it....IT is worth it. YOU MUST do it to live the life you are meant to live and be the person you really are.

As of now I get atleast 4 to 5 hrs of sleep a night. I still go on walks like i did everyday thru withdrawal.
I can tell my mind has gotten alot better....way less negative thinking...

the withdrawal will go away. its a fact. you just gotta push through it and in time you will be your true self.
Take it easy to all of you with the same troubles i have and have had. much love.

1 question for anyone. Does st. john's wort work? is it worth trying??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:50 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Shane 86
CONGRADS!!!!! That is wonderful!!!!! I've only been on it for 3 months and I;m scared to death to think about jumping from all the horror stories i've read. But you did it and that gives me hope, Keep it up. Dont know you but proud of you.

I know nothing about St John's but i;ve HEARD it helped alot of people with depression. Kinda like wellbutran

Good Luck
Mel :wink:

Post subject: Awesome News
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:50 pm 

Shane,

Your post is such a positive one that people need to read here. So many are confused about the ability to taper off Suboxone and have a great deal of fear. Now they can see it can be done by you and so many others here.

This site has so much information (tools) to help those who want off the drug. Some of us will stay on it and others feel the need to be free of all substances related to opiates. To each their own. Your story is a welcome post and one more for others to read and know it can be done.

I have not yet been able to get off it yet but know that when the time comes, it won't be so bad. At least not as bad as a full agonist. And I may be one of those who might need it for the rest of my life. So be it if that's the case.

Congratulations on your awesome success and you already know and stated that every day will get better and better. A year from now and you should be a 100% of the person you used to be before drugs took it away.

Please keep us posted on your progress. We want and need positive reinforcement. Great job!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just gotta say shane. That post was like a breath of fresh air. A lot of people get bogged down in the difficulties of tapering and early recovery. It's great to see the occasional person come in and put things in perspective.

shane86 wrote:

I think it works. I tried it many years ago to help with my bipolar depression. IMO it does have an effect, but not in the same ballpark as prescription anti-depressants. Be careful though as it interacts with a lot of other medication.

How bad are you feeling the 'blues'?

St John's wort is also a mild stimulant, kinda like caffeine, so taking it later can keep people awake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for sharing, and Congrats! Having a good attitude is key, and you should be extremely proud! I also like how you acknowledged your heroin use affecting your withdrawl. So many people blame it all on the sub, completely disregarding their prior drug use. If heroin or oxy was easy to get off and stay off, there would be a higher percentage than single digits that would succeed. You have your whole life ahead of you and you can now enjoy it opiate free!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

shane86 wrote:
It has been 38 days. And i feel pretty good, although i still dont feel that "normal" experience all day long, I can somewhat remember as a young teenager(11-13).
Right now im enjoying a nice hot tea of tamamile(or however u spell it)..helps relax me.
Around day 22 i could feel those brief moments of normalcy come back to me. Im still struggling a bit to get my life in the right direction in a positive manner...although i feel much better there still are other bumps in the road that wont be easy as well...ALL tho coming off of suboxone was the hardest thing i've ever had to do. I feel so proud of myself..I...ME...I..actually got off suboxone!
My doc gave me klonopin and trazadone my first 2 weeks......I cried alot...couldnt get a deep night sleep. had diarhea allday...my pee smelled bad and i was depressed as hell. And i had that over all feeling of being uncomfortable...

Keep in mind i injected heroin(100$ habit) for 5 years, then went on suboxone and was stuck on that for 4 years.
I got myself down to .25mg a day...got unemployment and quit it....IT is worth it. YOU MUST do it to live the life you are meant to live and be the person you really are.

As of now I get atleast 4 to 5 hrs of sleep a night. I still go on walks like i did everyday thru withdrawal.
I can tell my mind has gotten alot better....way less negative thinking...

the withdrawal will go away. its a fact. you just gotta push through it and in time you will be your true self.
Take it easy to all of you with the same troubles i have and have had. much love.

Congratulations, Shane!!! It is a big accomplishment and takes a ton of resolve, so I am super proud of the fact that you got off AND the fact that you tapered.

I've been off Sub for three months. I have not tried St. John's Wort. I did have a surgery in there and the painkillers set me back.....But I still feeling pretty good. I get PAWS in waves. (Well, I think it's PAWS) My PAWS is not so much a lack of energy. It's having extremely cold hands/feet, chills, diarrhea, and that weird smell in my nose. I'm just getting to the other end of a wave of it. It is annoying, but it doesn't slow me down or change my life, because it is not allowed to. :D I think that's the trick. Keeping busy and knowing it's only a matter of time because you are 100% through it all.

Again, congratulations!!

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:34 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You are all still missing the point by thinking it's nice to hear a good storie, because I too got off Suboxone but it was the hardest damn thing to ever do and I had withdrawn from 30 plus 10 mg hydros a day many times and that was a walk in the park when compared to getting off Suboxone.the person in this post still has a tough road ahead as I would have 3 weeks of normal thinking I was done and then bam I would feel like I was back at week 2 for a week. This shit is the devil and should be pulled off the market because the docs who prescribe it make a shit load of money just like the one that runs this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

post like these give alot of us hope who will travel that bumpy road soon