It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi all. I started my subs on Thursday the 12th. Today I took two Vicodins, due to my chronic back pain, and I really wish I didn't. I just did not feel pain relief from the subs, but I can't do this again. I was on 2mg of subs 3-4x a day. I was on Vicodin 10mg, 6-8 pills a day for 3 years due to a chronic back condition. I want to take my subs again, do I need to wait the 12hr period again? I took two vics at 1pm and I do NOT want to do that again. I feel horrible for doing so :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi redvelvet! I wouldn't worry too much or beat yourself up about taking a couple of vicodins. You are going to have to wait until you are in mild to moderate withdrawals to take another dose of sub again though. Otherwise you run the risk of throwing yourself into precipitated withdrawal, and that is no fun!

I can completely relate to wanting to take an additional painkiller. I, too have chronic pain, and there are times that the sub just doesn't cut it. So try not to be too hard on yourself. It isn't like you tried to get high, or anything like that. You were looking for pain relief, and that is totally different. You are doing the right thing now by getting back on your suboxone and that is all that matters.

I don't know how long it will take you to be in mild to moderate withdrawals. It varies for every person. But you have already been through it and started suboxone in the past, so you should have a good idea of how your body should feel when you reach mild to moderate withdrawal. If you aren't sure, there is a link on here somewhere for the COWS scale. Just type "cows scale" under the search bar at the top of the home page. That is how I found it.

Good luck to you and I hope that you are feeling better soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Redvelvet, I was just wondering how you are doing. This thread has been sitting for about ten days, and I really hope that you are back on track and that everything is going well!