It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Made it to my 30 Days!!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Cont Ambr stopping sub

Made it to my 30 days!! I still feel fatigue and tiredness since quitting. Some days its just plain horrible. The general nasty blah feeling still lingers and that the fact that i'm not quite right all the way yet. When I look at here and from where I was progress definitely and I am grateful for that. I am still going and there is times where I wanna give up but i'm not. Patience and healing is my beginning. PAWS are still current and from what I heard could stick around for a bit. I am keeping hope... I have made it this far. Have a good evening everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Keep hanging in there ambr. You are such a warrior and I'm so impressed that you've been able to claw and scratch your way to 30 days.....you're bad ass, dude!!

It's gonna get better, I promise.....but it does take some time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Im 5 days behind you. Working out has helped me so much, last thing I ever wanted to do and its still a pain making myself go to the gym or making my fat ass run but it has helped me so much. I feel ya though, some days are bad while others I feel like im back tomy old self.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

From TJ!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm a month ahead of you. For some positive reinforcement I'll let u know that I feel 5x better at 60 days then I did at 30. Hang in there, the paws aren't as bad after a while. I rarely feel them anymore. I know it's good to hear from people who are ahead of u in there sobriety To get a sense of the duration of some of the symptoms. Good luck and great job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:50 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I am at 80 days after 3 years and I can say I am at 100%. "How I feel" does not even cross my mind anymore. Keep it up! I hope all is well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:28 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thats great to hear, im on day 40 and still not 100%, hoprfully by day 80 ill be back to normal too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congrats! It's great to read that other people are doing well and "looking in the mirror..." Don't forget to take time for yourself and reward yourself for your accomplishment. Even if you just splurge on your favorite brand of coffee or something like that. Teach your brain to seek reward in new sensations.

I'm about to start exercising, myself. I also recommend vipassana meditation- helps a lot with negative thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hope your still hanging in their ambr. Stay in touch and let us know how ur doing.

Post subject: Yea!
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:49 pm 

Congratulations to everyone who have successfully tapered and stopped Suboxone! You have proven how well this replacement therapy has worked.

I am humbled by your tenacity to do what you set out to do and just did it. Things will only get better and better as time rolls along. You give everyone a nice shot in the arm of positivity.

You all Rock!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

you are all inspirational to me. I just jumped almost 48 hours ago. it is good to know that there are others out there who have done this! I started my own thread in the "bupe in the rearview mirror" sub-forum if you want to keep up with my progress.

Post subject: Just a lil update
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:26 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello everybody!

Just wanted to say...

SUB SAVED ME!!!.......

I am doing well. I am feeling pretty 100% most days. I am able to wake up early instead of sleeping in. I am able to function normally. I sleep good at night. I take melatonin and valerian root at bedtime. I sleep fine. I feel generally in a good mood not high but more sociable interested in things that may have not been appealing before. I see the world with new eyes. Sobriety is a gift. I wish I never used but hey... I learned alot and I no longer take it for granted. Thank you all for your support it truly means alot to me. I don't plan on coming to the site too much as I no longer need it and moved on. Just know it is doable (Take my word for it) :)

Note* I did suffer some PAWS and depression after but it got better. Trust me it sucked and was horrible but bearable. You just gotta power through. Eating healthy helps. Like raw juices, vegetables and adequate diet. I also took supplements. L Tyrosine, Fish Oil Capsules, Golden Seal and Vitamins. They made me feel alot better. Activity or Exercise is good. Things to get those natural endorphins going. Youll feel high on life and pretty damn normal ;).....
Sure somedays I feel demotivated but hey were human and sometimes you just have to except that. Good Luck to you all and I wish you all the best. xxA

Post subject: Ozzy 619
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:31 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am sorry you are having such a hard time still. It does get better your brain heals and your body evens itself out. Like someone said Sub doesn't do permanent damage more than we have done to ourselves... Keep holding on.
Its not so dark down the road

Post subject: Long Time Sobriety
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:42 pm 

Ambr, that is so good to hear that you stayed the course and are doing alright. But please don't be a stranger by not stopping by once in awhile. It is people like you who give others the strength to accomplish what you were able to do. If we don't have successful members sticking around to give hope to others then very few will be able to get off the medication when they are ready.

Maybe just pop in once a month?

Thanks for posting your story and stay healthy!

Rule

Post subject: Ello ello
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

rule62,

Don't worry I plan on it. Staying in touch and letting everyone know my progress. You just have to learn to live on life's terms. Everybody wants to feel good all day but that is not reality. I like helping people and sharing my story. I have been through hell and back and that's why a break is nice. I don't have any interest in going back. I know where that road leads and it's miserable and depressing. In my own personal opinion its ok to choose full sobriety, sub treatment or successful other methods whatever works for the person. It is HORRIBLE to be in active addiction. My favorite part is the chains are gone. I do what I want with out having these worrying anxiety thoughts plaguing me. Whether I am gonna feel a hundred percent, do I have enough meds to get me through etc etc. The list goes on.... It even effects your relationships.

However I do take supplements morning and evening all natural homeopathic.

Like this morning for example... I took my multivitamin with energy, ginkgo biloba, fish oil and L Tyrosine. I also drink coffee and then through out the day water and tea. Dropping soda has helped alot. I have one once in awhile as a treat. I also do wheat grass shots. Pure Fruit Juices etc. Then healthy meals. I clean and bust my ass so I get my exercise and I walk.

Night time I take the Melatonin, Valerian Root and Neurontin. That is about it. Time heals. I feel better and better each day.
I do sometimes get a craving or a trigger especially stress or a person ticking me off. I switch my train of thought think of something else go do something... It passes pretty quick and its over. I don't like it but like Dr. Junig explains we learned opiates like we learned to ride a bike and it sticks. You have to work at it. Any progress is progress.

I am starting to enjoy doing the things I once loved. So that to me is something to be grateful for. Its still a road ahead but it looks a hell of alot brighter than it did prior.

I got a tattoo that symbolizes my sobriety and I plan to keep it that way.

My outlook after I felt better was this...

Start Where
You Are
Use What
You Have
Do What
You Can.

That is all you can do right??...