It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow, it's been 3 months now since I've jumped. Crazy how the time flies... I've been enjoying life and don't have to worry about when I need to take my next dose.

If you're debating with yourself whether to stay on Suboxone or get off, I strongly recommend you to take the steps to get off. After being on Suboxone for 4 years, it's amazing to see life in a different light now that I'm off. Even the benefits of not having to pay the doctor or for prescriptions makes a huge difference, since I can now put that towards the other important things in life.

It's never going to be an easy battle, but that's what makes it worth it after being off. Even if you still want to be on Suboxone, slowly tapering gets you closer to that end goal.

Stay strong everyone and keep the end goal in mind!

RXFCG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:20 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks for posting your story! Your an inspiration! Im am down to .33/day.....Ive been trying to take things slow and listen to my body! Ive been on subs for about 6 years now! Ugh......Im just so afraid to jump.....I dont have any clonidine or benzos to help me sleep.....Im nervous I will be wide awake for days! Im glad to hear you say its worth it getting off. Im going to try!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:07 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey whyme, congrats on getting so low! You've been on it for 6 years, what's another month or so... You're doing great and the lower you go the better your withdrawals will be!

What's the rest of your taper look like? Are you using the Rx Film Cutting Guide or your own taper plan? If you are, I'd love to hear your input on it. How have the reductions been so far? I got down to below .063mg and my withdrawals and PAWs weren't even bad. It's just getting your sleep in check, but it doesn't take long.

Clonidine and benzo's are nice, but if you get low enough you won't really need them. I take it you aren't seeing a doctor that could write you those scripts? In my opinion I think you're better off without the benzo's.

If you haven't started your own thread already, you should do so! Keep up with the taper and good luck! The end is near!

RXFCG