It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm doing great! I didn't take any meds the last two nights to help with sleep. Woke up around 2:30am, but was able to go back to sleep shortly there after.

I feel close to 100% already and it's been 6 days. I know my sleep will get better and I'll just work through that.

Everything else is good. I really don't feel much different from my taper beside not having the few minor withdrawals I had. The long slow taper kept me feeling pretty consistent and I'm curious to see how I'll feel a week from now.

That's it! I'm gonna keep on keeping on!

RXFCG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's great to hear how well you're doing. Your disciplined taper is paying off nicely!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks Romeo! I would agree!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Happy to hear the latest update! Sounds like you're doing great so far, during a time that is usually hardest for most people. Count your blessings and don't take them for granted.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Alright, it's been 11 days and things are still looking good. I had a great weekend and didn't even worry about withdrawals or sleep. It's surprising that I haven't caught myself thinking of Suboxone throughout the day. My normal dose times were 9am & pm and when I think back on it, I wasn't fighting any cravings or constantly thinking about it.

I have felt pretty good through last week. My sleep is getting better and I'm not taking anything to help with it. I'm still waking up around 3am-ish, but I fall back asleep pretty quickly now. In the past I've read how people have felt 100000% better compared to when they were on Suboxone, but I don't think I'm feeling that. I don't know if it's PAWS or what, but I still think I feel pretty consistent to how I felt on my taper. Actually, better than the taper because I don't have any acute symptoms, and I'm starting to sleep well too. Just not exponentially better.

I've always had a bad memory and recently I've blamed it on Suboxone and opiates because I feel they do impair the memory. Now that I'm off, I feel like I would get it back, but I still don't notice any difference. Maybe I'm being impatient. Anyone have any experience with that?

Have a great week!!

RXFCG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:35 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Careful not to jump to any conclusions because you are still very very very early in the process. Your acute withdrawals seem to be gone but the lingering PAWS may last a few months. That's not to say you will feel bad for a few months, but you may still notice some similar feelings you had during your taper. I am a few months off and when I look back at the first month or so, I realize how much progress I have made physically and mentally since then. I can now say that I am truly at 100% and feel great. I'd say I was at 80% for the first two months if I had to put a number on it. Just wait it out and you'll see.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That's great advice livin. I'll take it day by day and stay strong! Either way, it's much better now that I'm off.

RXFCG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

17 days down! I want to thank all of you again for encouraging me to jump when I did. My mom is in town and I'm having a great time with her, not worrying about Suboxone or withdrawals. I still feel pretty good and I'm sleeping fine. I have been sneezing a lot lately. Don't know if it's cold related or minor withdrawal symptoms. It's not bad, just annoying.

Well I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! Enjoy all the delicious food!

RXFCG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:14 pm 

You rock dude! Now the main problem is staying off all opiates. It seems you did everything right in the way you tapered and jumped. Not stopping on Thanksgiving will give you a better chance at enjoying the meal with family.

Please stay strong and keep posting your progress. We can never have enough success stories.

Enjoy your holiday,

rule

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

MANY of us have experienced the sneezes after quitting Suboxone. You're right, it's more of an annoyance than anything.

Congratulations on 19 days!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:56 pm 

Way to go! Happy Thanksgiving!

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:57 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Thanks for all the replies. That's good to know the sneezing is common. It will be nice once it stops, but Benadryl helps keep it under control.

Surprisingly enough, I haven't had any cravings to take anymore opiates or Suboxone. I was ready to be done and I'm not going down that path again! It's even more surprising since I still have 120+ 8mg Films and 150+ 2mg Films and I'm not even tempted by them. I wish I could sell them back to the pharmacy, but I don't think that's possible. That's what I get for never telling the doctor the exact dose I was taking. I figured I was always saving films for an emergency situation. My old doctor I had when I was on the 8mg films gave me a script for 3 months at a time! I was shocked, but it was convenient. I told my most recent doctor that and he didn't believe me or think it was right.

Its nice I don't have to worry about that anymore. Does anybody have any suggestions what to do with my films besides trash them all?

Enjoy all that Turkey!

RXFCG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi, Congratulations on your taper. I can imagine you feel like your on cloud 9 right now for following a plan that worked for you. I will be doing many of the things you suggested for my own taper.

I wanted to suggest to you that you take that massive amount of suboxone and turn it all in to your doctor. Now think about it, your done with opiates, your done with suboxone, when the time is right for you, you can take all of the medication and hand it over to the doctor. This can be truly a rewarding moment for you and your recovery. I am not saying to do this right now, I believe its a choice only you can make when the time is right for you. Anyway, think about it, just my humble suggestion. I also want to thank you for your posts, they will be very helpful for me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:39 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey justdoit4u, sorry for the late response. The holidays have kept me busy and yes I'm feeling pretty damn good right now. It's still hard to believe I haven't taken Suboxone for almost a month!

That is a good suggestion to give them to my doctor and I will definitely consider it. The only thing is, since I've had such a large supply, I haven't been to my doctor in over 5 months. The last 4 months of my taper, I just used what I had and didn't spend the money to go see him since I didn't need to. In all reality I'll probably just toss them, haha.

I'm glad to hear my posts have been helpful. Tapering isn't bad as long as you go at your own pace a keep positive during the process. When do you plan on starting your taper and how long have you been on Suboxone?

RXFCG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

RXFCG,
Sorry I did not post. I have been so busy with work and life I forget sometimes to just take a time-out for myself. This is my second time on sub. The first was for about 6 months after a 4 year opiate use. I was one of those people who was totally ignorant to how your body becomes addicted to the pills until I decided to stop them. Long story short, went on sub for 6 months, had another surgery, went back on pain pills, had trouble weening off of them, went back on sub. about 4 months ago. I am taking about 1.25mg a day right now. .75mg in the am and .5mg in the late afternoon. It does help with my pain issues yet I believe I will be able to manage that pain with over the counter meds at some point. I am not in a big hurry to be totally off, I attend counseling to discuss addiction and am very aware of the devious nature of using opiates can be.
I am currently putting a plan in place. Three weeks ago I started working out more consistently. I have found exercise a truly rewarding experience. I am eating right and trying to put the right vitamins and minerals in my body. I feel that not only tapering correctly is important, I need to treat my body right so as I taper to nothing I have good habits established. It just makes sense to me.
I plan to start to taper from here to nothing over the next 4 months, slowly, dont be hard on myself, adjust accordingly. I see the doc next week and will discuss this with her. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:38 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

1 month down! It's been 1 month since I've taken my last dose of Suboxone and I feel great. My sleep has been good and now I stay up a little later and wake up before my alarm for work, while still feel rested. As far as everything else goes, I have no complaints or any issues. I can feel my mind getting clearer and my focus has improved. I'm no genius, but my memory has been improving. My memory has always been bad, from what I can remember...Ha.

@ Justdoit4u, it sounds like you've got your mind right and you're taking the right steps to start your taper properly. You're at a good dose, so when you do decide to taper it won't be a long drawn out process. That was the nice thing about my taper, I wasn't in a big hurry to get off, but I figured since I was on Suboxone, I might as well start lowering my doses by small amounts. I reduced by .063mg every week and I didn't even feel the minor withdrawals until I got down to around .5mg. Even from there it wasn't bad, mostly mental from the disbelief I was so low and still functioning fine.

Working out along with a healthy lifestyle are essential in the tapering process. Your brain and body are trying to heal and they need all the nutrients they can get. I took high quality multivitamins and amino acids which I feel helped. Working out and eating healthy sped up the healing process too.

Regardless, you have to make a plan that works for you and when you're ready to commit to a taper, stay positive and fight through it!

RXFCG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:28 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Alright, sorry I haven't been on lately! The holidays and life have been keeping me busy. It's been 2 months now! I really don't have much more to report, everything has been great over the past month. My sleep has returned to normal and I don't feel like I have any PAWS.

The long drawn out taper helped and I'm so happy I did it. I just wish I would of done it sooner! I wish the best with your tapers and remember to stay strong!

RXFCG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:38 pm 

Thanks, as always, for checking in! I still recommend your taper thread and cutting guide to folks interested in completing a really thorough, long taper. I'm so glad you're doing well!

Remind me about how long you were on sub and what other tools you've utilized to help you with your recovery. Thanks!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Today should mark 2 months, right?! Congrats so far.. Looks like you've had a fairly easy ride up to this point.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks everybody! Amy, I appreciate you telling others about my taper cutting guide and chart. It really is a valuable tool, but not many people know about it.

I was on Suboxone for 4 years total. Into my 3rd year I decided I wanted off, but didn't want to go through all the withdrawals. Due to work and my social life I couldn't go through those and have success with the taper. That's why I did the long and slow taper. I tried to work out and eat healthy is much as possible. Along with taking vitamins and drinking a lot of water.

My tools included using the Rx film taper chart to plan and track my taper and the cutting guide to cut my films to the correct dose.

It's still hard to believe I've been off for 2 months, but I feel completely normal now. The taper wasn't bad at all, there were some rougher times, but nothing tough to get through.

Thanks and have a good 2014!

RXFCG

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next