It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[quote="RXFCG"]Oh the decision is killing me. I've definitely started considering jumping earlier after reading the last two posts. The problem is, this weekend and next I have some plans scheduled and really don't want to be under the weather for them. The Thanksgiving weekend is nice because I have 4 days off work./quote]

You know what RXFCG, you can come up with all kinds of excuses that makes you second guess a decision like this one. You know how it is, your a smart fella. There will always be something coming up to make you think twice whethe your should or shouldn't make the move at this time?

I do agree with the others that maybe it's time you just get it over with? I honestly believe the symptoms wouldn't be any less severe if you continue to taper lower right now. I believe you would be pleasantly surprised at how tolerable symptoms will be if you did make that long-awaited jump.

I know you will do what you think best, and that's the way it should be. But I jump in and think maybe it's time to just go for it RX? Hopefully by Thanksgiving any symptoms you do have will be gone, or so minor they won't make any difference with your weekend plans at that time.

Just my thoughts too! All the best and job well done no matter what.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

In my experience, the sedative effect from Clonidine wore off pretty quickly. I was only prescribed .1mg twice daily, though. I took it twice daily throughout my wd. When my wd lightened up, I went to once a day dosing, then stopped the Clonidine.

As for when you should jump, you said, "So I'm going to feel out this weekend, if it's still bad, plan a quicker drop and jump before Thanksgiving. If it's ok, I'll know the withdrawals were from the dose reduction and continue on my current plan." and that sounds reasonable to me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:18 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

If you get down to .015mg and jump I would be extremely surprised if you had any withdrawal at all.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Whatever makes YOU more comfortable!!

Jumping at that small of a dosage, you will probably start to feel the WD's a few hours after you'd originally dose. Those who jump at 2+mg it may take 2-3 days, but many who jump off of .5 or lower feel it rather quickly. I know that me jumping off at .25mg every 24 hours I felt it the night I jumped. I took it at noon and would normally take it at midnight and around 3am I woke restless.

I think your plan sounds good. You're right that its pointless to wait if you continue feeling badly. But if it was only from the jump and you even out, you could wait. It's all up to you!

If you jump on a Tuesday and go back to work the following Monday, 90% of those physical WD's will most likely be gone. The one that may take a little while is sleep. My RLS lasted 8 days. But many only experience it 3-5 days. I mean it really all depends on the person. Having those meds to help you sleep will REALLY help. If you can sleep, you will be fine for work.

Have a great weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey rxfcg,

Congrats on tapering so low. I also agree with the others. I think you will be just fine if you jumped now. It's more of a mental game when you jump this low rather than physical, if any physical at all. When you put so much time and effort into tapering, which it looks like you have, when you finally do jump it's hard to believe. You keep waiting for the shitiness to hit. And anything out of the norm you will blame on wd, when most likely you wouldn't have noticed it if it happened and you were still taking your super low dose.

When I quit, I was at .1 I had planned to go down to 0.06.... Don't ask why it just sounded like a good number. But one day I Decided to not take my evening dose of 0.05 and when I woke up the next morning and didn't feel like I wanted to crawl out of my skin I knew I wasn't going to take another dose. And I was done. And it never got bad. No rls, maybe a chill or two but I had been having them the whole taper. Now sleep, that's another thing. I took clonidine the 1st week or so and I slept great. But since I stopped taking it after that week..I have had a mean case of insomnia. But it has been getting better slowly.

I don't think you need to worry about your work schedule. I never missed a day of work when I quit. I thought I would need to, but I never felt bad enough to justify it. And I stand for a living.

I'm going to say go for it. I almost guarantee you will be surprised at how not crappy you will feel :D

Good luck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So I took my last dose this morning and I'm officially jumping! You all make great points and I know it won't be bad. I've been getting use to lesser quality sleep, so I'll have that to contend with.

I took about 1/3rd to 1/2 of my daily dose this morning which is approximately .015mg. It was hard to split so I'm not sure. I'm NOT going to take my 2nd daily dose this evening and I'll go to the gym to get a good work out. If any major symptoms arise and I have trouble sleeping I'll take a Clonidine to help. Either way it's the weekend and I'll cancel my plans (no big deal).

I know you guys are right about the mental aspect. Since I got this low, all I have been thinking about is the withdrawal symptoms and sleep. I swear some nights I would cause myself RLS because I was worried about getting it. I could keep making excuses to make the taper last longer, but that's the mindset that got me in this problem in the first place.

I'm happy I got this low without any major issues along the way. I strongly believe that tapering is the way to go to get off this drug and I'll give myself a pat on the back for following through this far. I truly appreciate the support from the Forum community! I don't have anyone to talk to about this and I'm glad I can share my dirty little secret with all of you!

It will be nice to be free of Suboxone and feeling good when my family arrives for Thanksgiving.

Thanks for all the support and I'll keep you updated!

RXFCG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:41 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I doubt you'll feel much of anything after the first full day of not taking any, once you realize there is nothing bad coming. I got down to .015 too and stopped when I realized I went 24hrs without it and felt no withdrawal. Keep your eye on the prize and think about how low and slow you tapered. That'll help combat the mental part of this whole process that tells you you should be sick.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations RXFCG!!

I have to believe that due to your super disciplined taper (way to go with that!!) that your wd will be minimal.

You have some great comfort meds to "knock the edge off" if you need, so even if you do get some wd symptoms, you can shut them up pretty quick with your comfort meds.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Alright so it's been 36 hours since my last dose and I feel pretty good. I feel asleep last night and woke up after a couple of hours. I ended up taking a Xanax and clonidine and that put me right out!

I woke up feeling surprisingly good. No withdrawl feelings at all. My day has been occupied by hanging with friends and the time has flown by. I know it's still early, but it's hasn't been bad so far.

Thanks again for the support and I'll provide more of an update tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll be able to tonight. I might have to resort to some comfort meds.

RXFCG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:55 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

You're almost there man. Use the meds as often as you can to get through these next few days. You'll be suprised how fast it goes by. Freedom is right around the corner .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

60 hours since I jumped and still feel pretty good. During the day I am good. No comfort meds needed, but it helped I got a good sleep last night. I ended up taking a clonidine, requip, Xanax and trazadone. Quite a cocktail, but I slept great for 8 hours and woke up feeling fine.

I don't know when I'm suppose to feel worse before I start feeling better, so I'm planning on taking those meds tonight to ensure I sleep well. I know my sleep is gonna be the worst part so I'm gonna have to work on sleeping naturally eventually.

Overall the withdrawals haven't been any worse then at times when I reduced doses. No stomach issues or anything else. Just the RLS and lack of sleep at night.

RXFCG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:28 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congrats RXFCG!!!!

I think the most important thing you can do is to stop expecting the worst! The WDs peak between 48-72 hours. You were on such a small amount that they definitely would've been at their worse by now.

It's GREAT that you can take meds to get a full nights sleep! Sleep is THE most important in the first few weeks, in my opinion. Without it you get anxiety, depressed, exhausted, etc. and those all lead to more bad nights and terrible days. So congrats! I'm confident that you won't be any worse off than you are right now.

Keep updating us! (:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm going to have to agree with MonkeyMom and say the worst is surely behind you.

If I were you, I'd start laying off the Xanax pronto. Next I'd ease back on the Trazadone.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

72 hours down!

Yeah that's great advice. I decided not to take the Xanax last night because I started reading about benzo withdrawal and that freaked me out. I don't know how much worse the Trazadone is, but maybe I'll just take it one more night. I ended up sleeping pretty good last night. A hot shower right before bed does wonders. Went to bed at 9:30pm, woke up at 2:30am and didn't fall back asleep until 4. It's crazy when I wake up completely alert in the middle of the night and then wake up hazy when my alarm goes off.

Overall I don't feel any worse then before. I feel mostly like I did throughout my taper which was around 80%. I'm ready for this week to fly by so I can put a whole week behind me!

Thanks again for all the support! I'm definitely glad I jumped when I did.

RXFCG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I took Xanax early in my wd, until I started reading up on the wd associated with it. When I saw benzo wd was worse than opiate I went :shock: and stopped taking them. I had only taken them for about a week, and even then it was sporadic.

I don't know that much about Trazadone, other than it'll knock a mule out. Like you said earlier, you just don't want to become dependent on a med to make you sleep.

Congratulations on 3 days!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You're doing it! Congratulations on making it this far.. 3 days! It's interesting how withdrawals hit everyone so differently. I'm glad to know that you're hanging in there and the symptoms aren't as bad as you had prepared for. I felt the same way, even jumping at 1.5ish. Keep ploughing through!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeeewwww!!! Well done. I was about to chime in and say just JUMP already…but you did! Don’t expect things to get any worse, you paid your dues during your taper. I quit the Monday before last thanksgiving and to my surprise it did NOT interrupt the holiday one bit. Matter of fact, I was in great spirits and very hungry! Sleep was so-so for a couple weeks, but it wasn’t bad at all. When I say so-so I mean waking up occasionally in the middle of the night or not being able to sleep in once I woke up in the morning because I felt anxious …suns up you’re up type stuff!

I will tell you this…nothing to be afraid of, just be aware. I personally felt VERY upbeat and happy for a couple weeks after stopping. Mentally I was ecstatic that I quit and escaped without any real w/ds. A couple of weeks after I stopped the positivity wore off and my thoughts changed to “ok - I’m clean, now what”? Just prepare yourself for some more mental “ups and downs”. Keep yourself busy and positive. Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:18 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

CAUTION with trazadone! I was put on it back in June when I was in detox. It made me fall asleep so fast that I decided to stay on it permanently. About a month ago I started getting abdominal pain and I couldn't eat. I also was exhausted all day even though I was getting 9+ hours of sleep. I thought these symptoms were PAWS until I saw my doctor about two weeks ago. He looked at my meds and said trazadone could be the cause of it all. It ends up I have pancreatitis that could be a side effect of trazadone. I stopped taking it immediately and my abdominal pain and daytime exhaustion disappeared after a few days. It is a great drug for knocking you out while in withdrawal but stop it as soon as you are done with the acute stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:08 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks for all the input on the comfort meds! I'm going to try and get by tonight with just taking Clonidine for sleep. I don't have any other withdrawals with the exception of sneezing!! I thought I was getting sick, like cold sick last week, but now I think it's from the withdrawals. They don't bother me, they just catch me off guard at times!

It's crazy how my doctor prescribed me for 30 days of Trazadone when I probably would of been fine with 7-14 days, in a worse case scenario. I'm all about going to sleep naturally and not having to take meds to do it. These comfort meds do really help, but I agree with everyone the quicker I get off them, the better. Thanks for the heads up!

I definitely believe the worst is over. Kinda surprising how easy it was to jump. Throughout that long taper I did have days were I felt mild withdrawal symptoms, but I'm glad I got to spread them out over time then experience them all at once. I definitely recommend the long gradual taper method. I probably could of done it faster, but I didn't mind being on Suboxone, and thought I might as well reduce my dose gradually until I jumped.

If anybody is interested in trying the Rx Film Cutting Guide during their taper, send me a private message with your email and I'll send you a free copy to download.

Thanks again for all the feedback! This site is truly awesome!

RXFCG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

How are you doing??

"the only way out is through"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next