It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Some doctors make patients come in once a week and pay $100 dollars for a 7 day supply of sub . Even though insurance pays for the sub at the drug store,it's cheaper to just be on the DOC.

I found a doctor that did monthly scripts ,finally, an American.

I'm not prejudiced this is only an observation from experience .The middle eastern doctors are charging the $100 dollar a week method. I know that the last two doctors I used until I found my new wonderful doctor, knew each other and one taught the the other both from same country India.....I love India ,please don't misinterpret my post.

Is it the way it's done in India and other places in Asia? Because I have been on suboxone for 4 years with breif periods of misery trying to get off. Many doctors have stopped seeing sub patients altogether. It's hard to find one.

My new doctor thought that $100 a week for 7 pills was outrageous , taking advantage of their power. I feel like going up to the clinic that charged me $500 initially and $100 a week and passing out my new doctors card. But I won't.

I have always been pleased with how sub saved me from overdosing as I did 15 times before I found suboxone.
I even got a discount card from my new doctor and with my insurance my cost for 37 strips was $0!!!!!
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yea, I too had a doctor from an emerging nation. I simply wanted to be detoxed off my doc as quickly as possible. However he put me on 12 mg of sub instead and charged me $500 cash to do it. I figured his game pretty quickly and tapered to 1 mg over a two month period and jumped 37 days ago. It is too much of a cash cow for these doctors that don't even realize what they are doing to their patients. I don't mean to indict all doctors but based on the posts in this forum alone there are plenty of these drug dealers out there. It's good to be clean now but I still think of that doctor and what he is now doing to 100 other addicts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

There are doctors making patients pay $100 a week for 7 pills or a 7 day dose and that does not include the medication.

This is abusing the system. Some give the suboxone to you at the office ,still about $95-160 for a7 day supply.

I'm lucky and please always look for D.O.too their equally competent to M.D? Just a different concept of the human body.Anyway In my experience in the large city in Texas I live in ,,most Psychiatrist charge $100 a week ,

Some $1500 first visit then $200 a month. The initial fee is $300-500 usually and then should only be $100-150 a month for a month supply if you have a situation where you think you have to pay $100 for a week dose please look around. E -mail me.
I have done research and there are many doctors that are fair and do not make you pay $100 for a weeks dose.

They say it's the company ,maybe it is their company? A company they own who knows but it would be cheaper to use heroin I guess,I was addicted to Ultram and that is what I almost went back to because it's would had been cheaper had this doctor not treated me with kindness and Even took $100 off the fist visit ,usually fist time is $300. Then it should be as I said above.

$100-$150 to see your doctor once a month for a 30 day supply of whatever your dose is. That ia the old school real American way. iMO :wink:

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

tiffann...it is absolutely outrageous how these predatory doctors take only cash and give out minute amounts of pills. Can you imagine if someone who needed heart medication had to go through the same thing? There needs to be a countrywide review to set up standards of care with Suboxone and put a limit on what docs can charge for services. Or something similar.

Luckily, my doctor takes my insurance (Medicare) as payment in full and gives me enough pills to last 3 months at a time. He is a wonderful man that understands the struggles of those addicted to opioids. I hope you eventually find a doc who is like mine.

James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:12 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Wow! That is ridiculous!! Any doctor doing that should be investigated. My doctor is awesome. I pay about 100-160 per month. I get 60 tabs at the pharmacy. Which my medicade pays for. I take 16 milligrams a day. My doctor even gives sub patients his personal cell phone number in case of problems. When I first started on sub, the pharmacy gave me trouble. My doctor called them right away and straightened it out. But these abusive doctors should be investigated. Everyone should have a good, professional doctor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My doc's fantastic. He bulk bills me on Medicare. I pay him nothing. The lovely tax payers of my country cover me :D I'm out of pocket however because of the pharmacy dispensing fee, which is $60 a fortnight.

I'm not a big fan of racial stereotyping. I'm not sure how it really goes in the USA, but here we have dodgy doctors of all nationalities. Indian, Pakistani, Jewish, Chinese, Turkish, Anglo/Saxon/Celtic/Aussie (aka "skips"), Africans, Aborigines, Eskimos. They're all dodge as. Jeez my sister's one. Any club that lets her in gotta be dodge.

I've had 3 prescribing docs, and 4 quacks. 2 prescribing docs were Jewish, one was hot as chick who I miss a lot and she drove a 4wd and talked very fast. The other apparently was the biggest prescriber in my state, and bulk billed more patients on a daily basis than any other. Present one is a massive Christian. But he cares heaps and has loads of time for his patients, so he can be forgiven for being forgiving.

One quack was Chinese. She was evil and nearly killed me with Chlorpromazine, then refused to acknowledge it. The other one was Jewish, 90+ years old and had 2 wards named after him. He died on me. Took my secrets to the grave. The one I got now is a New Zealander who's probably taken more drugs than me in his life. But he got clean at my age, so I figured I should do the same.

Moral of the story? I dunno.

PS: India isn't in the Middle East.
PPS: In India, their taxi licenses look just like our medical degrees!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've had the same doctor now for three years. Having earned his trust, I now see him every other month and he gives me one refill. The unfortunate reality is, not every doctor is going to be an honest, upstanding person. Greed changes people and it's human nature to be changed by greed. Some of these doctors, especially from third world countries where they may have been poor, are simply taking advantage. It's up to each individual to be their own best advocate and find the right doctor for yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:27 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I dont think it has anything to do with where the docs come from. I know way too many american doctors who are way worse than described above. I travel to Europe and Japan a lot. Their systems with addiction are kind of like ours. But they are more willing to get the addict help. Instead of just throwing them in jail. My sub doc finally started taking my insurance. So my visits and meds are now paid for. But I will never forget what it was like to pay out of pocket. There needs to be more options for addicts in america instead of the criminal side. Detox and tehabs are being shutdown all over the country. Its horrible. Some medicade companies just stop paying for subs. Leaving the addict pushed into a corner. Its not right and cruel. Some jails offer detox meds. Some just let people suffer in cold turkey. But they never look at the human being behind the addiction. They see a theif or a prostitute or worse. This country needs to look at the disease of addiction. Not the criminal acts it causes. I know I got off topic. Sorry. Buy I just had to get that out.