It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: LYRICA Experiences
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey guys. I'm doing okay...just very achy with the same unexplained stuff. Drinking was definitely a way for me to cope with this ongoing pain crap....

The Neurontin caused way too many side effects, although it did help with the pain. Doctor just gave me Lyrica and I'm stopping the Neurontin, but I'm really leery of every new med. Please, anyone who has taken or is taking Lyrica, I'd like to hear your experiences. I've only taken one dose thus far. It is 75 mg/2 X a day. She said the main side effects are feeling tired and getting fat. I really could care less if I sleep 12 hours and gain 200 lbs. if I can just quit hurting.

Thanks,
LT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:08 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey Ladder!
I took Lryica for a cpl years post surgery to help with nerve pain. It def made me tired and I gained about 20# while on it. That being said, it did help quite a bit with my pain level and I had no issues coming off it. My mom is currently taking it and I know she gets major relief from it. Hope it helps you and you get your pain under control.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

lulubelle wrote:
Hey Ladder!
I took Lryica for a cpl years post surgery to help with nerve pain. It def made me tired and I gained about 20# while on it. That being said, it did help quite a bit with my pain level and I had no issues coming off it. My mom is currently taking it and I know she gets major relief from it. Hope it helps you and you get your pain under control.

Did you feel a little bit stoned when you first started it? I feel kinda odd. :)

LT

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:59 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Honey, I felt stoned through most of my 20s! Not sure if it was the Lyrica or the huge quantities of oxycontin! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

lulubelle wrote:
Honey, I felt stoned through most of my 20s! Not sure if it was the Lyrica or the huge quantities of oxycontin! ;)

LOL. Gotcha. Apparently, it is normal to feel weird initially from Lyrica. It's supposed to level out. I think it's helping though!!

laddertipper

Post subject: Lyrica WORKS!!!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow, I had to bump/report this....Lyrica is amazing. Only been on it three days, but the difference is amazing, and I didn't expect it to work....

My legs always ache like crazy, and I feel nothing, no pain, absolutely incredible. I know some of you are chronic pain sufferers, so this may relate to you. I'm so thrilled to have found this med.

AND, I have 30 days sober today. YAY!

laddertipper