It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Greetings....Apparently my Doc and he group she is with were uncomfortable that I had been asking questions about my therapy instead of quietly acquiescing to their direction. Two weeks ago she stormed from her office insisting that I was calling her a liar. I had questioned an incident from a couple of weeks ago I asked to review my records...and found some inconsistiencies that didn't make sense to me so I asked her for clarification. That's when she became defensive and told me that asking those questions implied that she had lied to me. That's the brief version of incidents leading up to today.

Two weeks prior to that incident had been my regularly scheduled appt. Before leaving the office I scheduled my return appt for today. The "incident" occurred between the May & June visits. Before I left the office the day of the "incident" the Dr told me that she would have to consider whether to continue seeing me as a pt. I never heard anything between then & today and thought everything was ok. Intuition, or something, told me that I should call to confirm the time. That's when I was told that I did not have an appt. today, I was not on the schedule and "maybe you were mistaken". I did have my appt card and tod them I would be there at 3:00. That's when I was told that she had removed me from her schedule, that she would not be seeing me any more. I was never notified of that decision. When they finally put the Dr on the phone she told me that I had been "fired". HUH??? When had I been "hired" I thought that I had "hired" her. lol

So, that's the latest act of this ongoing saga. I have some ??? about the process needed to be able to prescribe Sub. and a few other ??? about unethical & unprofessional conduct. But will put that into a different post.

Thanks for listening :P
Luna-C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hello again....

I answered your other post yesterday,,, heres a link...
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=6 ... ght=#69965

hopefully I was able to send you in the right direction, there....

About your dr. or your "previous" doc now, apparently.... :roll:

I'm sorry that happened, it doesn't seem to make sense.. but who knows what goes on in some of these people's heads. you know??? I hated my dr. the first few times I saw him.. he was SO STRICT, about this and that, well EVERYTHING... and he like wrote down (still does) EVERY WORD I would speak, then "question" me about it later... and I'd just get irritated.... like he was "trying" to catch me lying or something... well NOW.. now that I've gotten to know him a bit, over the last two years, I get that he's HEARD IT ALL..... at least once... and understand a >LITTLE at least, where he's coming from...

anyway,,,,
Instead of "jumping" off, have you thought about just trying for another Dr.??? Please don't "give up" on suboxone, because of one hooky dr....

here's a couple of "search tools" to find suboxone drs...

this first one, you put in your zip code and how far your willing to "travel"
try and think of how far you woulda traveled for previous scripts.... If your first search or two, doesn't turn much up!!!

http://www.suboxone.com/patients/opioid ... octor.aspx

this one is a little different,, where you come up with a user profile, then a dr. office contacts YOU,,
but I've heard both good and bad things.. sometimes it's super fast and sometimes not so much...

http://www.treatmentmatch.org/patients.cfm

good luck in whatever you decide to do!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Thanks!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for your replies & the links. I've been in the process of looking for a new Sub Doc for awhile. Getting "fired" is actually a good thing because now I have to look more actively. After I was "fired"...LOL, that is so funny!.....Doc told me she could give me 3 names for referrals. I took the names because now I know who NOT to go to. :D

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:52 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Luna-C
HEYYYYY, i saw on your other post you are from RI... I'm from PAWTUCKET RI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I moved to NC last july..My BFF from RI is on suboxone,,, AND HER DOCTOR is also in RI!!!!I know she LOVES the doc but NOT the counselor... I could get the number if you like???

Doesn't it seem like some doctors are in need of help with THEIR issues??? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

uniquename wrote:
Luna-C
HEYYYYY, i saw on your other post you are from RI... I'm from PAWTUCKET RI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I moved to NC last july..My BFF from RI is on suboxone,,, AND HER DOCTOR is also in RI!!!!I know she LOVES the doc but NOT the counselor... I could get the number if you like???

Doesn't it seem like some doctors are in need of help with THEIR issues??? :?

It just seems like after a while, doctors get what I call the "God-complex"....
They see themselves as a saviour for us poor, lowly addicts. And they like to look down their nose at us, like we are lower forms of life. I know I personally watched a doctor, over a period of 3 years, change from a caring, compassionate guy when he first started Suboxone treatment ...i was one of his FIRST patients....to someone who wouldn't spend over 5 minutes with you and only cared about getting you in and out as quick as he could. He went from asking about my kids and family 3 years ago...to not caring what the hell I had going on just 3 months ago...and decided I needed to be "punished" for some bullshit mistake that HE MADE....
I sent proof that he made a mistake, in the form of a fax showing that I had picked up meds after leaving his appointment (he accused me of taking too much and running out)
This didn't change him at all...and he didn't bother to fix what he had done to me.

I knew when he gave me neurontin, lowered my dose by 15 in one visit, and told me I couldn't get a refill and needed to return monthly for a while that I was on my way out.
He gave me the neurontin because he planned on lowering it even more the next time..I'm sorry, but I don't care about having any damn neurontin, and I'm not interested in weaning any lower than 45/month. I bailed on him before he had the change to really screw me up and force me to buy my sub out of insurance...he almost did that anyway with his sudden 15/month drop in dosing...but the pharmacist was a friend of mine, and when I got a new script from different doctor, she re-ran the prior month at a higher dose-per-day so that my insurance would allow me to fill it..
which isn't at all a problem or doing anything wrong. I left his care at 1.5 strip/day for 28 days...went to a different doctor and got 3/day for 30 days...so at 15 days, she could say that I was under a new doctor's care at 3/day, and insurance would pickup the change in dosing and pay for the entire script.
otherwise, he could've forced me to have to foot the entire cost of them if I hadn't changed when I did. Doctors should DISCUSS this with patients..not bring them into a visit unexpectedly, and slam them, tell them how they messed up, and how suddenly now, you're going to have to come every month, from every 3 months, because YOU made a mistake and must pay the price by taking less.

That made me come the closest I've come to relapse in years. If I'm supposedly a failure at my treatment, then why am I wasting all my time + money coming to see you, doc? You're accusing me of taking too much, yet when I say that I have 25 left at the pharmacy...you say "I didn't write you 25, I wrote you 75/month, and there's no way you can have a script of 25."
Even after explaining ---the pharmacy didn't have SEVENTY-FIVE STRIPS..they only had FIFTY...and put the 25 at the end of my script...as a REFILL...you still say that I took too much, that I don't have a refill, and that I am somehow making up this story. I silently flipped him the bird, and in my mind, I strangled that quack right there in his office for not listening to me and believing me. I had been a patient for THREE YEARS. Did I ever have a bad urinalysis? NO. Ever come in early? NO. Ever "lose" my meds or "someone stole them" so I could get more? NO...
Not ONE hiccup in THREE FKING YEARS....and he suddenly went to bezerker mode on me for nothing....
I left and never looked back.
I went to another doctor...got 90/month, and said to myself that I would force myself to save some each month so if THIS SHIT happens again...I will have something to fall back on and not be almost out of meds and trying to suddenly find a doctor...and that's exactly what I'm doing now.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm confused.. in your last thread you posted this:

jonathanm1978 wrote:
I got so far behind that I had to change doctors, because I was only getting 75/month and supplying this friend...and wound up coming up short last month..so I had to change to a doctor that I knew would give me 90/month instead. I had been with my doctor for FOUR YEARS...didn't want to change, and I was happy at 75/month. I don't care for the "more is more" mindset. Didn't want to get more...
But I did this to myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tinydancer wrote:
I'm confused.. in your last thread you posted this:

jonathanm1978 wrote:
I got so far behind that I had to change doctors, because I was only getting 75/month and supplying this friend...and wound up coming up short last month..so I had to change to a doctor that I knew would give me 90/month instead. I had been with my doctor for FOUR YEARS...didn't want to change, and I was happy at 75/month. I don't care for the "more is more" mindset. Didn't want to get more...
But I did this to myself.

I did give some away...but you'd have to know my insurance to understand some of the circumstances surrounding that...

I let someone borrow 11, essentially, 4 days worth, or so. (At 2.5 strips/per day)....
With 25 left at the pharmacy, that means that I had around 10 days of medicine at the pharmacy...
I went to my appointment a week early, but since I had loaned out what I did, I had slowed down taking meds, because insurance wasn't going to pay for them regardless of when I got a new script....

The doctor lowered my dose at that visit (the one that was a week early)...to 56/month...from 75/month for some sort of mistake he accused me of. I had nearly slowed down enough to catch up from loaning out what I did, but still was a little short. No where near 5 days though. So with 10 days of meds left at pharmacy, still sitting, he wrote me a script for 56...which made the insurance change because it meant the meds had to last longer. He revised the script...
I tried explaining that I wasn't completely out...and that I had some left ...he wouldn't listen.

I didn't go to my appointment early because I was out, I went because it was saving me a trip to birmingham...one of the top 10 worst cities to drive in...

I got screwed on loanin meds out..yes..but that doesn't mean I kept taking the same amount and just disregarded being short until I ran out....I slowed down to 1, or less than one per day most days...to try and "catch up"...
either way, what I loaned out wasn't the point in his "judgment" on me. He disciplined me, after 3 years of being a great patient...for nothing. And he wouldn't even look at the proof that I faxed in showing that I had 25 left at the pharmacy. They (the entire doctor's staff) couldn't get past that "they can't give you 25 on a refill because the doctor wrote you 75"....and said that if they didn't have 75 to fill it, they shouldn't have filled ANY..and should've made me wait. WRONG. When I faxed in the proof, I called, and the office manager apologized repeatedly for the moody-ass doctor and his attitude and accusations..but he wouldn't go back and change my meds to what they were. Instead, leaving me with 56/month...which meant even less daily than I was getting prior to that....plus his neurontin and trying to tell me how I needed to come each month now since I made such a huge mistake.

My insurance will only fill early 3 days or so. Currently, if I get 90 tomorrow....then that is 30 days worth of meds. I can go next month and pick up my next 90 on the 22nd ...that's earliest I can get them without doctor calling to tell them to fill it early. I tried once before when I was going out of town, and they suggested that I take my paper script with me to the pharmacy in Louisiana. I reminded them that with a controlled substance, you can transfer it ONCE, then you're stuck. And I proceeded to tell them that I had NEVER asked for meds early, and that I needed my meds because we were going to be gone for 1.5 weeks to my dads in Slidell...and that I would be damned if I was driving back to Louisiana the following month to get my meds...and if they didn't want to help me out, then just cancel my script and I'd find a doctor who was willing to do what I needed after I paid that kind of money for treatment....

They remembered that I was correct...and they must've liked my money...because they told my pharmacy to allow me to fill my meds 4 days early (not like I was asking for it a damn month early)...after I raised hell with the doctor's office because they wouldn't fill it one day earlier than my insurance would pay.

Just because I provided someone with meds...yeah I was short. But I was forcing myself to take way less than I should've been taking to try and punish myself for doing what I did...I wasn't coming up 2 and 3 weeks short on my meds.
I counted mine when the woman messed me up. Going a week early, I still had 14 days of meds left...but I was short on what I had in my possession by 6 strips (3 days). I couldn't count what was at the pharmacy because I couldn't fill those yet.

Either way, the doctor wasn't going by what I said...he was going by his own professional "opinion"...he didn't know how short I was because he wouldn't even check with the pharmacy to see that I wasn't lying about having some remaining on my prior prescription. He just accused and assumed he was right the whole time....which he wasn't.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject: re: Suboxone Dr.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Pawtucket, RI. Is your BFF still in RI and is she seeing a Doc who is prescribing Suboxone? If it's ok, I would like to have the name of that Dr. Or, if you prefer, just the first letter of the last name. I have filed a complaint with the Dept of Health for issues I've had with this Dr dating back to 2009. I received a letter to tell me that my complaint will be investigated.

About the situation of terminating me as a patient (my questions were getting to close for comfort for them). I was never notified that I had been "fired"...that's their word...and my response was that I never knew that I had been "hired", so how could they fire me? Since I contacted them, apparently I had "hired" them...and I asked if they had "quit the job". Anyway, I had an apt scheduled last week. Usually I get a confirmation call the ay before my apt, but did not receive one. Intuition (based on past experiences) decided to call the office which I did, on the pretext that I was confirming the time of my appt. I was told I was not on the schedule; I told them I had an appt. card, they told me that I had been removed from the schedule entirely, etc. Fortunately I did not show up for the apt and found it out then. But, my Counselor told me that before a patient can be terminated that a certified letter is supposed to be sent informing the pt. of the termination and he reason for it. So..........who knows what the next chapter will be?