It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Lucky #13
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:28 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Some of my "friends" keep tellin me I'm lucky I've made it to day 13, but I say FU** em this is the WILL to wanna change. I don't want this to b just another negative sounding post but I've really found out that I may have thought I had 10 friends, when it turns out I got 10 drug buddies. My wife and ALL of you people are the best thing that's happened to me. I had a "friend" invite me for dinner n some drinks last nite n after waitin around for a hour or so to hear back from him he finally called "high" n ready to hang out. I said fuck it n didn't go. Whether u do the shit n front of me or not I just can't b around u even if your high n he didn't understand that. Guess it shows his true colors. I'm not bashn on anyone who still uses but for christ sake am I in the wrong here " for standin them up?" Lol I don't think so....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:22 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

livin....you are breaking out of a lot of things in your life....from addiction...to breaking away from the help-mate of Subs...to figuring out how to live this new life...this truly is a metamorphasis period of time. You may find out a lot of things about yourself, your friends, your surroundings that were acceptable to you before that have completely changed now!

No, you are not wrong in not wanting to hang with "high" friends. You're on a different path now.

Interesting times, aren't they? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:53 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I found new friends a long time ago. friends using drugs = relapse. this is recovery 101. you did more than the right thing. I cant tell you how many times I have quite drugs in the past and ended up right back on them because of my old friends. I now only hang out with people that are passionate about life and fulfilling their goals. my old friends are still hangin around doing drugs and its very lame at this point.doing drugs may have been fun and "cool" in high school and college but I am 23 now and its already very old. i am ready to live in reality which has no place for them. getting away from old friends is tough but the only real way to maintain sobriety.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:37 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Livin you have the right attitude for sure...... I am impressed for a kid your age ( sorry I have kids older then you lol) in recovery you really have a good head on your shoulders and ITS A GOOD THING THAT you feel the way you do about your 'friends"
I agree 100 percent about getting away from old friends who use................just my humble opinion

Lisa