It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: lucid dreams
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:32 pm 
does anyone else on here have ridiculously intense, vivid lucid dreams ever since stopping suboxone? started day 16, now day 18, not a bad side effect if I must say lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:13 pm 
Romeo, mirage only posted this to throw off suspicions. Trust me, he made this thread just to counter all the other shit he posted. Hes just tryin to be slick or sneaky so he doesnt get kicked off the forum and can continue to harrass people but i didnt buy in the beginning and i dont buy it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:11 pm 
it doesn't bother me anymore if i get kicked off, lol.. if i gave a crap i'd just make a new name... im dnoe with suboxone shall never be a more beautiful feeling when you can actually feel endorphins being released

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:24 pm 
Clearly we have our differences but i wasnt even gonna comment on this thread until Romeo made a comment and then it somehow vanished. It got deleted or something. So, i understand you feel the way you do and i feel the way i do and as far as im concerned we can agree to disagree. All good and im not gonna say anything else as i've made my points pretty clear. ~PEACE~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:37 pm 
ummm endorphins do release on suboxone probably more so than being completely "clean" considering thats pretty much why we take suboxone, are brains stop producing the correct amount of endorphins when we stop abusing full agonists so taking suboxone stimulates those receptors thus causing release of endorphins, otherwise there would be no purpose to be on subs. And to the original question I have lucid dreams while ON suboxone and have never had them when I was taking suboxone or any other opiate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:37 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hmmmm, i just read Mirage's first post. Doesn't sound too crazy too me. I don't like the idea of taking pain killers to get off sub but other than that his info seemed helpful.

Lifesaver, why so touchy about someone encouraging others to get off sub? Who cares if they are a little too hard on the drug or whatever. Lots of people want off and feel they should get off it as soon as they can...what's the big deal?

Mirage - Crazy dreams went on for a while for me...i was on sub for 2 years...i'm 8 months off now and i still have some cooky dreams from time to time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:35 am 
Hawker1:

I understand what your saying. However, their were statements this guy made that you may or may not have read that had to be deleted simply because they were innappropraite. I have no issue at all with people who want to get off suboxone. Im tapering myself although not to get off the med. This guy was not sincere in the least with his approach. Thats why, if at all i was "touchy". He admitted in another thread called, "Be careful" that he was in fact here to scare people away from taking suboxone. That i have a problem with!! People's lives are at stake without this medication. Somebody could read his rediculous statements about how "bad" suboxone is and decide not to take suboxone and continue in active addiction when in fact, sub could have saved their life. I stand by everything i said in that thread and im sorry if you disagree. I knew from the guys first post he was not here for the right reasons. He said he believed people should, "get the hell off of suboxone". Well, for some people thats not an option an suboxone is much better than active addiction. Actually, not just some people, for a lot of people "getting the hell off suboxone" as mirage said is just not a good idea. This guy was not sincere and i could tell it, i called it like i saw it. Thats why i responded as i did. I just think its rediculous that sub haters come to a pro-suboxone forum an try to scare people away from suboxone. I dont see how that could be ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:41 am 
Also, if you just read it then you read the "edited" version of that thread. Their were all kinds of condecending comments that he made about people taking suboxone. So, you didnt read the original thread and thats why your seeing what i said as, "touchy"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:03 am 
Hawker you may wanna read every post mirage made. Then give me your opinion about him. Not being funny or a smartass. Im just saying if you read all his post, you will see him for what he was doing. Again though, a lot of his stuff isnt gonna be as he originally posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

suboxOWNED wrote:
ummm endorphins do release on suboxone probably more so than being completely "clean" considering thats pretty much why we take suboxone, are brains stop producing the correct amount of endorphins when we stop abusing full agonists so taking suboxone stimulates those receptors thus causing release of endorphins, otherwise there would be no purpose to be on subs. And to the original question I have lucid dreams while ON suboxone and have never had them when I was taking suboxone or any other opiate.

Thankyou sub i read what he said just now adn was like does this guys have any clue about what he says lol. Good info man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:07 pm 
no prob, yeah I realy am wondering if this guy has ever even taken suboxone before, he seems just like the rest of the sub haters that stop by here for a short while and spew there shit and then dissappear. Why cant people accept that handling addiction is not a one size fits all thing for everyone. Not everyone will benefit from 12 steps, opiate replacement therapy gonna be ideal for everyone, etc. I dont run around telling everyone who is trying to stay sober from opiates without subs that "they will fail if they dont take subs" (I know they probably will be in for a rough road with multiple relapses but I keep that to myself). This woman who is new to my outpatient group keeps relapsing on heroin every other day and coming to group crying because she cant stop. I told her how much suboxone has helped me and I would of never gotten clean and stayed clean without it. Her answer is that she doesnt want to go on suboxone and can you guess why? Because of the bullshit anti suboxone propaganda spread everywhere and from the same sub hate that my counselor talks. This woman may end up using "just one more time" and have an OD and die all because people who dont know what the fuck they are talking about run their mouths and potentialy keep someone from turning their lives around. I sometimes think these brainwashed AA/NA people would rather you be completely "clean" and work the 12 steps and end up dying from relapse then they would to see someone be successful on opiate maintenance. I hope that last sentence made sense it was hard to put my thought into words. I hit an AA meeting last night because I knew a few people from my group were going and I was bored and wanted to see them, I was in a great mood yesterday which normaly I feel depressed to some degree and stir crazy because Im unemployed right now and dont have anywhere to be so I decided to go to the meeting and as soon as it was over I felt nothing but depressed. It instantly changed my mood from good to shitty, it was one of the "big book study meetings" which I didnt know and you might as well call it bible study. God God God, I think I even heard the sentence "praise the lord baby jesus" after that my ears tuned out. Why cant these people either admit they are a religous organization or just use the word "higher power" and stop scaring away people who arent bible thumpers. I think they do it on purpose to weed out people who arent religous to be honest. Not every meeting has been like that but 4 out of 5 for the most part. Wow I got realy off track sorry for the rambling hah.