It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Lowest "jump off dose"?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Just wondering what dose most people got down to before finally one day deciding not to take Suboxone anymore. I'm at 2 mg/day right now. Just took my last quarter of a film, and cut the next one up into 5 pieces instead of 4. I plan to do that until I get down to 1 mg/day and hold it there for a week or two. Then do the same thing again, but slower, till I am basically taking nothing, and then one day stop. I"m not so much scared of the w/d's as I am getting blindsided by addictive vulnerability a few weeks after my last dose. Any thoughts?

Post subject: Taper Plan
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:54 pm 

Hi Jeanetta,

Your plan sounds pretty good if you stick with it. If you have some time go through the posts of those who already tapered and quit Suboxone. Some stop at .50mgs and others went down further. In the end it will be up to you.

Are you already getting thoughts of using again? If so, it might be best to do some recovery work before you stop like going to meetings or other places that offer different recovery methods.

2mg's is a low dose so it looks like you are well on your way to leave it behind. I do wish you the very best in recovery.

And did I forget to welcome you? WELCOME to the Suboxone recovery forum where you have cyber friends who will support you through your recovery.

Rule

Post subject: Re: Taper Plan
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

rule62 wrote:
Hi Jeanetta,

Are you already getting thoughts of using again? If so, it might be best to do some recovery work before you stop like going to meetings or other places that offer different recovery methods.

Rule

I wouldn't say I'm getting thoughts of using, I'm just fully aware that the only reason the urge to pop pills hasn't popped into my mind for the last 18 months, is because I've been on Suboxone. And after I am finally off of Suboxone, not sure how long it'll be before I have "one of those days" again. I'm trying to constantly be reminding myself that to relapse would mean to give up everything I've gained in the last 18 months. And not that I don't trust "recovery groups" such as NA and other 12 step based (or other) groups, but let's just say that I have never benefited from them either.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Lowest jump off dose
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:53 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi Jeanetta,
Here is a passage I love and hope you can put in your tool belt of recovery...Our Greatest Fear —Marianne Williamson

it is our light not our darkness that most frightens us

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.

There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other

people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of
God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.

—Marianne Williamson
I wish you the best and you are not alone!

Post subject: One way to do it
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I know this is risky and I am by no means a doctor, but using benzos for a few weeks after coming off of suboxone makes it a pretty easy ride. I am 14 days off of opiates and have had NO DESIRE for an opiate....non whatsoever. I just find myself needing some benzos (prescribed) for the anxiety which can get bad, however it comes in waves.

Also, if you go to 12 step meetings and are open and honest you will find like minded people who will help a ton. F all the other ones....it is why they say take what you need and leave the rest.

Best wishes in your recovery journey. Even though I am anxious, my life is already better without opiates and it has only been 14 days! I had a 7 year everyday habit taking extreme doses at times of many different opiates. Getting totally clean can be done.

For those who don't trust themselves off of the subs, my opinion is stay on them if needed. It is life or death in some cases.

Kratom can also help coming off of subs if used properly. It is mild.