It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

All of the other BS aside, how are you doing Joseph? We have not heard from you for multiple days now. Hopefully you didn't get fed up with the sidebar that took place and leave. So if you are still out there, please let us know where things are at with you. I, along with several others here, have some concern about where you may be headed. Let us know if we can do anything and please come back and give us a status report.

Post subject: sorry iam back
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi everyone, sorry I was gone for a couple of days i did read everyones replys but there seemed to be a little turmoil on this page so I thought it would be best to wait until all was settled. As far as my progress goes, I am not on the 4mg that I had planned to be on but I did cut my dose down by half to 8mg/day. What I am thinking I will do from here is stay on this dose for 1 week, so i will take 8mg until Monday and then starting Tuesday I will take 6mg for 10 days and then I figured if I feel fine I will then try to lower my dose down to 4mg/day. It feels good to know that I have lowered my dose by half and still feel "normal". I will keep everyone informed over the next week if I encounter any roadblocks or setbacks on my way to lowering my dose drastically.

Thanks to everyone for all the support it really helps keep me motivated. That is the best thing that I have noticed since joining the site is that I really do feel more motivated. ~Joseph

Post subject: Hi Joseph
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:29 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm glad to hear you are doing well and believe you made a smart decision by going to 8mg instead of the 4. You will get there soon enough... and I think you will do fine. BTW I want to applogize to you for the diversion that occured here. I never intended for that to happen and tried to keep the off topic dialogue on PM. However, the other party preferred to launder it out here. Usually nothing good happens from that but in this case... at least I now have somone proofreading my posts and letting me know about my typos... lol

Anyway, keep up the good work and let us know how the rest of your taper goes.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:00 am 
Great job Joseph! It sounds like you have a much more solid plan in place with your taper now. I really think you'll be glad you decided to do it this way. Take your time on this transition and I think your chances for long-term success will be much greater!
Keep letting us know how it goes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joseph - good work! I too am actively tapering, but I started at 6mg. I don't have any expectation of a time frame other than it sure would be nice to be off by June! I did 3+ weeks on 5 mg with barely any trouble. I am dropping to 4 mg today, because hubby is having surgery Tuesday and if I get the same nausea I got at 4-5 days out in my drop from 6 to 5, I want it over with before my beloved goes under the knife.
Let's keep in touch through this board, so we can support each other in our drops. I plan to go fairly slowly to minimize problems. I work as a nurse, and I am hoping to not have to miss much if any work when I go totally off.
For me, I notice drops in suboxone at about the fourth day off. I'm wondering if this symptom free period will get shorter as I get lower in dose...
Anyway - Good Luck and hang in there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I dont know what it is but I just cant make up my mind with a plan or routine and stick with it. So far I have kept my dose down from 16mg/day to at least 8mg/day or under(today I only took 4mg) but for some reason I cant come up with a plan? All I know is that I will remain focused and continuously try to keep lowering my dose I just wish I had a solid game plan because I know a routine goes hand and hand with recovery. Well hasta manana

Post subject: Hang in there...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:19 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Joseph,
Thanks for keeping us updated & Don't be so hard on yourself.... Yea it's nice to have a plan in place BUT, right now you're kind of a moving target. I want to be clear.... I have NOT started to taper so I am only offering my opinion NOT my Experience! That being said I would give yourself a little more time at each step (dose) and let your body catch up to your schedule. Then you may feel a little more comfortable with your program and your results. ? Anyway thats just my random $.02! Well Congrats on your success so far and whatever schedule you choose please keep us posted on your progress..... Best of Luck and keep up the GOOD work... :!:

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:35 am 
Hi again Joseph! I know how you feel about the 'plan' thing. I've been on Suboxone for 8 months. If you had asked me a few months ago, I would've told you that I'd be well into a taper plan by now. I originally saw myself down to 2mg/day or less by the six month point and saw myself being off Sub, at the very latest, at the one year mark.
However, it seemed that any tiime I would set myself up a tapering plan, it just wouldn't work out. First of all, I will admit that I'm not much of one to plan things or adhere to rigid schedules anyway, so I know that's part of it. Of course, the other part is just psyching myself out......fear of going off the Sub, worrying about physical w/d symptoms, feeling increasing cravings or thoughts of using pain pills again. It just is not that simple to just want off the meds and do it.
So try not to feel bad for where you're at. For me, it seems the more I just relax and quit trying to plan anything or set myself up for a timetable.....the better and more stable I feel. The better and more stable I feel.....the higher the liklihood I will feel confident enough to continue to taper. I will say that over the last week or two, I have come to the decision that I need to commit to a maximum daily dose and not exceed it. I've bounced around a bit on my dose over the past couple of months taking anywhere from 2mg/day up to 5-6mg/day and I don't truly think it makes that much difference. The only symptoms I've ever really had from dose reductions thus far is a runny nose, a little bit of restlessness or anxiety, and some increased cravings to deal with.....nothing too terribly bad. I have stuck to 3mg/day for about 10 days now and feel pretty good.
My best advice is to give yourself a break and try to become more comfortable with taking your time on this taper. I'm right there with you though. A part of you wanting off Sub someday soon, the other part not real sure if it's the right time or not. I know, for me, that it isn't time yet and I'm okay with that fact more and more. It has to be about me being well, feeling good, and taking enough time to ensure that I don't go back to what got me to Sub in the first place.
Keep us posted on how it's going for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey just want to say do what ur body is good with weather it a cut of .5 or 1mg what ever feels right & just stay there til ur feel normal again. When I cut down it was good for me to spit my dose & take it twice a day that way there's only 10 to 12 hrs inbtween. But good luck! Do what feels right ratt396

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks everyone I was just a little frustrated when I posted yesterday. Today is the second day where I have only taken 4mg and I think thats were I will try and stay for the time being as long as I dont experience any problems. I know the halflife is around the 72hr. mark so as long as I get through that point successfully I should be alright. :lol: Well so I guess I do have a plan and Iam sticking with it lol... see everyone latter!
~Joseph