It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Low BP?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So I've been on subs for about a month and a week now. I've been feeling okay, but there are a few things.

There are times when I bend down, that my heart kinda "skips" a beat, or palpitates. I also feel dizzy occasionaly. Mostly when I am tired, or at night, not sure why.

I am aware of the(listed) side effects of suboxone, and one of them mentioned is low blood pressure. I'm wondering if this is why I've been dizzy and having palpitations.

Last time I went to the doc my BP was 120 over 80. PERFECT! :) So I dunno guys, anyone else have similar symptoms?

Post subject: ya bp
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ya my b/p was 1/60 over 1/10 before suboxone. now 1/20 over 80. my cats name was cutty :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

120/80 is a good BP dude. I'm 23 and they said it's perfect for my age. So it's not like it's abnormally low, or at least at the time she took it, it wasn't. Ah who knows, it's getting bothersom though. I don't like to feel my heart palpitate.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey cutty - You might want to inform your doctor that you're feeling palpitations. They can do an EKG and rule out any problems. I have both palpitations and tachycardia and I take Metoprolol - a beta blocker - and it helps a lot. But only a doctor who can perform an EKG first can prescribe a beta blocker. Good luck and I hope you get some relief soon.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: palpitations
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

cutty- i get the palpitations too. for years" 1/20 over 80 is good!! but i also need to cut down on my 8 cups of coffee a day
but i love my coffee, like my nabre love"s a joint every morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Mann I don't wanna go and get a freakin EKG, I hate hospitals and doctors and stuff. :( bah, guess I'll have to deal with it. Lately I haven't noticed anything going on with my heart though, because I told myself I was not going to keep checking my heart rate and that there was noithing wrong with me, on account of the blood pressure and the fact that my doc listens to my heart and says there is noithing wrong. So I'm hoping that I'll be okay because I'm sure I don't have money for an EKG anyway. At some point in my life I'll get one, thanks for the advice guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I completely understand not wanting to get an EKG. I don't like going to doctors, either. If your blood pressure is in the normal range and you still feel heart palpitations, it might be best to go to a doctor, even if it is just for preventive care. I get heart palpitations when I drink too much caffeine, so I know how miserable it can be.

Post subject: Low BP
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:57 pm 

I was on high blood pressure meds for 10 years until I started Sub. But I was also chewing nicotine gum at a very high rate so once I quit the gum my BP went down. My doctor said I was missing a beat too but to stop the gum and see what happens. That was one of the hardest things I've ever done. So it was probably the combo of the two. I'll know more when I finally get off the Sub. And yes, I was sent for an Echo Stress Test for my heart and it turned out okay. But I am over 50 so it was due anyway.

Once you pass the big Five Oh, the two main things you're told to do is a Colonoscopy and a Cardiologist. At least with the Colonoscopy you get good drugs..

Post subject: Somewhat
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My BP is always good when I go to the doctor......126/80. Lately I have noticed when I lean forward my right breast (I am a male) hurts alot. It hurts to the touch as well. I know if you have heart problems they say it's not on the left side so no worries. Lately it has been almost nightly and I have been on 6mg of suboxone daily.

I am not sure what I feel is heart palpitations or just pain......anyone else have this experience. Thanks.

Jim

Post subject: Somewhat
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My BP is always good when I go to the doctor......126/80. Lately I have noticed when I lean forward my right breast (I am a male) hurts alot. It hurts to the touch as well. I know if you have heart problems they say it's not on the left side so no worries. Lately it has been almost nightly and I have been on 6mg of suboxone daily.

I am not sure what I feel is heart palpitations or just pain......anyone else have this experience. Thanks.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah guys i don't think there is anything wrong with my heart. I really think it was in my head. I've just kinda been stressed about my health ever since I got my Hep C diagnosis. I now do everything in my power to be healthy, I eat right(have a great backyard garden, I'll link some pics at the end of this message) and I walk alot, and take high quality multivitimans and milk thistle. But I am just always thinking that like...my right side hurts(above my liver) or my heart is palpitating or whatever, just generally worried because I don't know what i did to my body, using IV drugs you know. But, I am seeing a doctor, my BP and heart rate and breathing are fine, and I've had an ultrasound by a very good technician, who saw all my organs, and they were sent to the lab, and thr results were fine. So now that I've stopped worrying like I was, I notice no symptoms anymore. :) S I hope I'll be okay. Rule62, thanks for the advice man, if you're 50 and are fine, hopefully at 24 I'm fine :P

Here are some garden pics for you guys! :) I'll put some more in a new thread.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/dsc05307n.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/217/dsc05305t.jpg/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Cutty wrote:
Yeah guys i don't think there is anything wrong with my heart. I really think it was in my head. I've just kinda been stressed about my health ever since I got my Hep C diagnosis. I now do everything in my power to be healthy, I eat right(have a great backyard garden, I'll link some pics at the end of this message) and I walk alot, and take high quality multivitimans and milk thistle. But I am just always thinking that like...my right side hurts(above my liver) or my heart is palpitating or whatever, just generally worried because I don't know what i did to my body, using IV drugs you know. But, I am seeing a doctor, my BP and heart rate and breathing are fine, and I've had an ultrasound by a very good technician, who saw all my organs, and they were sent to the lab, and thr results were fine. So now that I've stopped worrying like I was, I notice no symptoms anymore. :) S I hope I'll be okay. Rule62, thanks for the advice man, if you're 50 and are fine, hopefully at 24 I'm fine :P

Here are some garden pics for you guys! :) I'll put some more in a new thread.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/dsc05307n.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/217/dsc05305t.jpg/

Dude. Liver pain, which is on the left side kinda under the bottom ribs, is really common with Hep C. I know how it feels. It can kinda do your head in.

If you take care of yourself, and minimise or cut out alcohol, and marijuana (yes, weed is bad for Hep C), then you should be able to live a long healthy life. And you can always try out interferon treatment as a cure. I'm doing 6 months of it as we speak.

PS: Nice garden. Looks like a really nice part of the world.

Post subject: Palpitations
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:27 am 
I experience palpitations and abnormal heart beats at times. My doctor did an EKG in her office and everthing was fine. You might want to do that too. I purchased a blood pressure machine too. My BP was too high and now it is too low at times. I think I read somewhere that suboxone can cause orthostatic hypotension, meaning your blood pressure drops when you rise too fast. Not dangerous. Just take your time getting up from a sitting or lying position.

Good luck,
Sherry