It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Anyone else having low appetite issues while taking sub? It's been going on now since I've been taking it. I am only eating like twice a day now, and aside from losing 10lbs I don't really *need* to lose anymore you know? Is this common or? And it's not liver function, I had that test done, just recently, and have no pale stools, or dark urine, yellow eyes, etc. I guess this stuff just effects us all differently, hmm? Like falling asleep every time my head hits a pillow for longer than 5 minutes. But I guess the side benefits outway the side effects eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:29 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I agree it's just a side effect of the sub. Everyone is different. Me, I love to eat. Moreso now on the sub than before on reg. opiates.

Of course there's such a thing as angels. Only sometimes they don't have wings... and we call them mothers. -Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I believe it probably is a side effect.

I didn't have an appetite for a few weeks when I started Suboxone, which was fine with me because I was content losing weight without having to see the inside of a gym, but I did start to lose enough to where I looked as if I might have developed an eating disorder.
I started to force myself to eat because I was just never hungry at all. After a few days of consuming enough food to feed a family of four, I just naturally seemed to develop an appetite. I don't know if you've just tried forcing yourself to eat, but that's what worked for me. After my body got used to being full all the time, I began to actually feel hunger when I would have normally eaten, or when it had been a few hours since my last meal. I'm clearly not a doctor or anything, but that's what worked for me; now I just want to get back to NOT eating everything in sight. Ugh.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Everyone has different side effects and like others have said this could just be yours. It's funny because not so long ago others were on here complaining that sub caused them to gain weight! I remember when I first when on sub I lost weight the first few months, too. Unfortunately that didn't stick around long and I've since gained it back. Either way I think it's more my lifestyle than the suboxone, but I digress...

Take care!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow, I've put on 30lbs since starting my suboxone treatment. Amazing how differently this stuff affects people.