It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I LOVE YOU, SUBOXONE
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just wanted to say.. for anyone having doubts about Suboxone.. it is the real deal, it is a miracle drug, so please respect and fear it and treat it with the caution it deserves. I recently had a major H relapse and it is just so comforting to know that I can get my life back and not be a slave to the needle. Before I had Subs as an option I would spend all my rent money on dope and lie to my wife and everything was a disaster. I really hit bottom. Now I have a way to put down the junk and get back to a normal life... I started with 24mg when the withdrawals started to get severe last night, and by today I was already getting stabilized and threw my rigs in the trash. Just gotta remind myself that I can only stay on it for a few weeks, and then I usually do a relatively rapid taper so that I can be back to being completely medication free. I know some of you are opposed to this and recommend I stay on it longer, but I've found that after 3-4 weeks stabilizing on Suboxone I usually like to taper down pretty fast so that I don't get stuck on it for months. Again, that's just me. If you use it for long term maintenance that's ok too, that's your thing, and I understand and support it.

Anyways just wanted to say I am so happy to get my life back so fast with the Subs. My heroin habit destroys me, my financial situation disappears and my relationships go to shit. And to be able to get relief and have the comfort of Subs during my detox is the greatest thing ever.

That's all! Just wanted to go on a positive rant for a change since so many people have negative things to say about Subs lately on other forums I've read. Thank you sub doctors for saving my life again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:05 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I love you too, Matt!

Sincerely,
Suboxone

Post subject: Matt! We need to talk...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If you are prone to relapses as you stated, and want to be "medicine free", then stay on Suboxone. It's the closest you can be to medication free. Everyone needs to take a step back and look at themselves. Then take 2 big steps forward.

Stay on Suboxone.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure that out.

:D

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Matt, I understand that you want to only be on sub short term and then be "medication free", but like Joe just said, you seem to be relapsing in between being on suboxone. There are gray areas between being on sub for life and being on it for only a few weeks. Maybe you could just try being on it a little bit longer this time. Give yourself some time to change some of your active addiction habits, get your head and in general, get your shit together, before going off it this time. That's all I'm trying to say. Things aren't all black or white.

No matter how long you decide to stay on it, I hope you do well. I will urge you to take a look at what you did and how you did it last time and see if you find anything that you think you should change for better results this time. It's worth looking at. Good luck to you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Matt, I got a little chuckle when I saw your thread title. I know JUST how you feel!

Suboxone, I love you also!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:23 am 
New Poster
New Poster

The cross on the pill says it all miracle drugs love it nomore
zombies!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's actually an imprint of a sword.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:17 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Addiction to any substance is a sensitive subject, and we hope the path that led you to our site will also lead you to a safe, healthy recovery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Matt!

Don't forget to give yourself some credit. You're the one working the miracle. Suboxone is just a (very handy) tool.

I can see what hat and Joe are saying, and I can also see the benefits for your approach too. Tapering off Suboxone is real "sink or swim" when done in early recovery. If you manage to pull it off, you'll be miles ahead of us folk still wearing water wings.

Have you tried writing a list of the benefits / cons of staying on Subox?

Some benefits that come to mind is. Less chance of relapse on heroin, less chance of overdose if you do relapse. Cravings easier to manage. Hang out more on suboxforum! :lol:

Cons of staying on Suboxone? It can be expensive, you're still opiate dependent, it has side-effects, limited travel options.

That kind of stuff, if you get what I mean. If you've weighed up your options, and an early taper is still preferable, then go for it!