It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I love this site
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I wish Dr. J could be my doctor. I love reading his blog with amazing information. I take sub 2 times a day and he say's once a day is good. Wonder why my dr. prescribed this way... for a year now. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:29 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Old post, but have to reply!

I too would love to have Dr. Junig for my doctor! Dont get me wrong, my current doctor is very understaning and has been in addiction medicine for over 29 years but, from everything that I have read by Dr. Junig I am just convienced that he would be the ultimate doctor for my case, and I am sure thousands of others! Its not like my situation is so unique that I am case study material, not by a long shot. I just think Dr. J knows his stuff and thats that! Well, I am half way across the country pretty much, so that is impossible anyway.

The main reason why anyone would want to take the subs once a day is to get away from addictive behaviors. Subs are very long acting, about 37 hours half life is the average (can be more or less) so you can dose them once per day and have no w/d the next morning when you dose again. Some doctors have suggested dosing more if chronic pain is an issue. Some have said that this helps. I have chronic pain and dose either 8mg in morning and 4mg in evening (12mg total per day), or sometimes even 4-4-4 throughout the day. I used to dose all the time in the morning not too long ago, but sometimes I still do. It all depends on how my pain is. I like the 8mg in the morning and 4mg at night because it gives me that option if the pain flares up.

Dosing multiple times a day can create problems with people who are still prone to addictive behavior and might end up taking more than they should. It is a touchy situation because most of us are still subject to 'triggers' and cannot take that risk (me included, thats why I am careful and NEVER take more than what I am perscribed by my Dr.)!

Hope you are still doing well......good luck!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali