It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok this is a new one...I just spent the last two hours going through trash in our community dumpster only to be told by my neighbor that they emptied the dumpster yesterday.I cleaned out my truck Thursday nite and was going to take my suboxone script (which I got on Tues) and now it seems I threw it away with the other items I threw in the dumpster. I have searched everywhere.

Even in active addiction I never pulled the old "I lost my script story". My doc is a hard ass as it is and I know when i call on Monday and tell them the deal it is not going to be good. Plus my doc is going to know that I am tapering a little more than what we agreed upon otherwise I would have filled it by now. Actually I have 3 8mg tablets left but I know this is not going to be good. Any advice from anyone? I know we have the database that he could check to see that I haven't filled it but still.....this is why I hate being on this medicine sometimes. A whole month's worth........My visit with him on Tuesday was good and I felt I was making progress with him and now this.I have been on subs for 19 months and never pulled any thing and I am not now but this is not good........

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:40 pm 
That realy sucks sorry that happened. I always worry about that when i get my script from the doc and dont fill it right away. Most of the time for that very reason I drop it off at the pharmacy and then just tell them I will come pick up my pills on the fill date. Since you've been on it so long and havent had this happen before and the fact that you've made your script last longer from tapering should work in your favor. I dont think your doc will deny writing you another, he may not be happy about it but I wouldnt think he would make you go a whole month without your meds. Good luck on that I wish I had advice for you but its never happened to me before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Gosh, ReRaise, that bites royally! I guess your only option is to call or visit your doctor and throw yourself on his mercy. I know if it were me I'd be damn sure I was crying when I made that phone call! Seriously though, I'm really sorry this happened to you. Please let us know how it turns out.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:37 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

so sorry that happened!! i can imagine how frustrated and scared you are! i don't think you should worry though, it's just a mistake and everyone makes them! i would just let him know what happened and how embarrassed you are and how bad you feel and that you will be taking the script straight to pharmacy from now on and i don't see how he could be mad about writing you another one...i'm sure it's not the first time anyone's done that! i sure know it could happen to me~! GOOD LUCK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You know, I don't think it's that big of a deal...or at least it shouldn't be. At least you didn't fill it and then lose the actual pills, right?

I hope he's cool about it.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks......I am definitely stressing. DOQ you are so right I am glad I didn't fill it and then lose it cause then it is clear it would be hard to beleive. I have always brought my bottle on every visit with this guy to show him I am serious about my recovery. He is a tough old guy and for some reason I have felt the need to please him....odd. Anway I am going to say my prayers tonight and tomorrow I will search again. It has happened before where I lost my keys and looked in the same place like 5 times and then I find them. I am pretty sure I threw it in the dumpster but you never know. I will call first thing Monday morning and just tell the truth. He doesn't call subs in(it's in his contract).......says he can't but we of course know different so I will probably have to drive to his office on Monday. From now on I will take and just drop it off right after the appointment.....I allowed myself to relax and for the first time in a long time I didn't respect the prescription of suboxone as I have in the past. I watch over my sub more than I do my wallet..........another reason I hate depending on this medicine. But I will take remission over addiction any day......surely he will do the right thing if not......I will just be positive for now.

Jim

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks......I am definitely stressing. DOQ you are so right I am glad I didn't fill it and then lose it cause then it is clear it would be hard to beleive. I have always brought my bottle on every visit with this guy to show him I am serious about my recovery. He is a tough old guy and for some reason I have felt the need to please him....odd. Anway I am going to say my prayers tonight and tomorrow I will search again. It has happened before where I lost my keys and looked in the same place like 5 times and then I find them. I am pretty sure I threw it in the dumpster but you never know. I will call first thing Monday morning and just tell the truth. He doesn't call subs in(it's in his contract).......says he can't but we of course know different so I will probably have to drive to his office on Monday. From now on I will take and just drop it off right after the appointment.....I allowed myself to relax and for the first time in a long time I didn't respect the prescription of suboxone as I have in the past. I watch over my sub more than I do my wallet..........another reason I hate depending on this medicine. But I will take remission over addiction any day......surely he will do the right thing if not......I will just be positive for now.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I honestly think you should be fine. Like said its not like you filled the script and lost the pills or films and are now asking for more. But more so just made a honest mistake and as long as you tell the truth you should have nothing to worry about!

Post subject: lost script
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm no expert, but there is no way this doctor is just going to say "NO" and let you go without subs for a month.

My former sub Dr. retired and I being new to subs, panicked, because he gave me a tel# to call, my subs were running out in about a week and a half. I called the number, left messages and sat next to the phone biting my nails thinking OMG! Here I am with no Dr. , 12 days of subs, an amputee mind you. I can't get around like other people.

Well. 4 days before my subs ran out, I get the call. 2 days later Ihad an hour & a half interview(which my first sub dr. never talked to me that much about subs)

Anyway, I expressed my concern about running out of subs or having no doctor. The counselor that interviewed me told me that no doctor would leave a sub patient without subs.

Let us know what happens. I feel for you because we are going thnrough the same thing and I know how it feels to be left up in the air like that.

I know it will turn out alright.

Post subject: worrying
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:23 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi RR, I know I'd be stressing about it too if I were you, but...at least this is one occasion when that pharmacy data base might be something to be thankful for instead of just an invasion of privacy. I hope your doc believes you and just writes a new 'script, but if there's a question in his mind, he can check and see that you never filled the first 'script. I hope it works out As for your doc not knowing that you've been tapering a bit more than he knows of...maybe now is the time to tell him? I know it's better to be as honest as possible, but you could just tell him that since you didn't have time to fill your script you've been tapering a little extra to make your old 'script last, and then you lost the script so...Or maybe something to that effect? It' snot really too fra from the truth is it? I don't mean to advocate lying to your doc in any way, but...I understand your anxiety especially with how you've described your doctor.....Every time I've considered making up lies to tell my doctor, luckily, it turned out that telling the truth worked out better anyway...but my doctor is not exactly a hard-ass. Anway RR, good luck, and let us know what happens...I hope it won't be a big deal between you and your doctor after all.

Post subject: All is well
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well it worked out......I called this morning told them the story. I asked to speak to the doctor but they said they would pull my chart and talk to him and call me back. Two hours went by and then they called to say........We called in your month supply to your pharmacy please let us know if you have any problems. That's it......all the different senarios I played out in my head was just wasting time...I learned a valuable lesson and from now on I will make the time to go straight to the pharmacy after my appointment. I am much releived. Thanks to all for your support.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh good! I'm so relieved for you, ReRaise. Thanks for letting us know, because I was actually thinking about you and wondering what happened. I'm really glad your doctor was reasonable about it.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Glad everything worked out. see just being honest is everything with these drs now a days!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So glad you got your fill. Doesn't that suck to be in an honest situation that you know may be automatically seen as a lie. I hate that!!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think when the script is filled, somehow the Sub doc knows. They get some sort of receipt and put it in your file. I remember my former Sub doc telling me that. I also remember the receptionist/nurse chick looking at my chart and knowing which day I'd filled my last script, which was different than the day it was written. They somehow are informed when it's filled. So, if you lose it, obviously you never fill it and they will get no receipt. And scripts are just little slips of paper. I, also always, always drop mine off right away!! I lost a script once too and it was a pain. I am too scatter-brained to be trusted with it for long. :wink:

Just cause we are addicts/alcoholics/etc. doesn't mean we are eternal liars!!!!!

laddertipper

Post subject: Guilty
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes it always seems we are presumed guilty before innocent. This worked out but I am sure there will be no second chances. Again another reason I hate the stigma that goes with this medicine. There is always an argument on whether we are switching one addiction for another......some will argue we are not addicted to suboxone we are dependent on it......

I am dependent on coffee.......I am dependent on KFC cole slaw..but I won't end up in an ER or severe w/d if I don't have it. For the first time in 19 months I actually had 9 8mg pills saved up in case I ever ran out because as some of you know early on I went 4 days without due to theft and was having suicidal thoughts (first for me). That should not happen if I am only dependent on suboxone. So now I start all over again and thank god I have at least learned that taking sub as prescribed is progress. This is the only narcotic I have ever taken that I have never ran out of 1 week after getting it......

Anyway I appreciate the support and I am thankful my doctor believed me and called in my refilll. I have alot to say but as always will respect the rules of the forum and hope some day I am not still living my life counting pills.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I guess the question that comes up in my mind every time I hear 'is being on Suboxone an addiction or a dependecy', or 'haven't you traded one addiction for another' is who the hell cares. So what if it is trading one addiction for another, the VAST majority of people I have experience with on Suboxone are fully functioning, productive members of society. Sure, there are a number of them who buy it off the street or abuse it and don't have jobs, but then again there is no social class in the world who don't have their losers to deal with. Most Suboxone users have found a stability that was previously lacking in their life and I think it's fine, no I think it's freaking awesome.

To me, it's like telling the guy with an amputateed leg that when he uses his prosthetic leg that he is cheating...he is not all natural. Only when he hops around on one leg is he truly clean? Can you imagine yourself ever saying that to someone.

It's funny because when I first quit sub I was a venom spitting, foul mouthed sub hater. I thought all the long term sub users were cheating and it drove me nuts because I felt they should have to suffer through withdrawal like I did. It wasn't fair! They're not clean, they are still on drugs. Then I realized it was all my own jealousy. I was pissed because they weren't being made to suffer like I had to. All of these thoughts revolved around ME and my intersts, never did I stop and put their interests first. Not until about a month ago when I finally had the realization that sub saved me. It took 3 damn years on it, but it finally got to the point where I was comfortable quitting. Now, who am I to say you can only be on it 3 years or 4 years or 10 years or 20 years. Just because it worked for me in 3 years don't mean jack shit about how long it will take someone else. If they want to stay on it for life and can remain productive members of society then I'm all for it.

So ask yourself, do you disagree with long term sub use because you are worried or concerned for that person OR does it bother the shit out of you that you are clean and they haven't had to suffer to get 'clean' yet. I know that's how my warped mind worked for a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Now see, scenarios such as these are one of my greatest fears. Damn. And seeing as my doc almost always sees her clientele primarily at night, I don't always get the option to run straight to the pharmacy right after. I'm glad things worked out for you.

Post subject: dAMN i FEEL UR PAIN
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i'M SORRY DUDE! THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its happen to me before, about 4 yrs ago i was on a program and my dr. was i would say average, a woman who didnt know much about addiction at the same time i suppose she wanted to help, I would say its tottally in your favor u have been on as long as u have without incident...U should be fine...I myself on the other hand was not fine and I honestly lost the fricken thing! I couldnt beleive it! I looked for days, everywhere!! So i went back to my Dr a few days later and told her what happen, she made me wait the whole month, she said it was my responsability and i would have to pay the consequences! I couldnt beleive it but I ws not without incident, If i remember correctly i had relapsed a few times and was not on best terms with her... And i would say this is rare but they r out there, She eventually ended up quitting her practice and i was screwed!! I lost my script for good and was off and running another year or so before I got back on the wagon. It was my own fault as i look back, I mean my DR was not on top of her game and i remember i failed my drugtest for maybe 6 months straight before she ever even noticed!!!! Once she did notice it was too late and she quit the practice and becuz she reflected back on my records noticing how many test i failed she would not refer me to another DR. Moral people ....Take our recovery seriously....I also think it is the wisest choice to drop off the script as soon as u get it and then pick it up whenever, cuz then its out of ur hands and no worry! It seems i have the best luck wit subdocs, my current Dr. told me if i ever were to relapse she would take my script indefinatley, I never questioned her on it, and have relapsed basically the whole time ive been on with her, A big problem keeping me sick was that i couldnt ask for help, so that just left me to do what i do best, mulnipulate and lie which sucks cuz it almost killed me and took everything once again....I have 3 days right now and have never been more grateful, I plan to do a complete 180 from where ive been..... Good luck man, again i think u will be fine..