It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I guess this is kind of an introduction. I've been on suboxone/subutex on and off for almost 2 years now. I was forced to quit 2mg coldturkey during a 20 day stint in jail Feb. 2013. It was nearly painless. I was just a little sleepy, then no sleep (was also coming off 400mg+ tramadol a day) and anxiety. The jail gave me immodium and librium for 3 days.. obviously didn't know anything about long half life opioids! But over all I didn't suffer. I attribute that to knowing I had no way to get it. I came out 20 days clean and happy. Bored though.

So bored.... So I started getting HIGH! Like the addict I am, I thought I could chip. Nope. I relapsed. I was a few months into a binge and realized I had to stop. SO i went back onto suboxone. First the street,then a daily clinic, now a doctor. Well, my insurance has stopped paying for my dr. He won't take cash, and is kicking me out. I've been on a two week schedule with him, but since he knew he couldn't see me any more he gave me a month script. (2/ 8mg a day, but I only take 6 to 4mg a day). So I have technically 4 months worth. So I'm thinking with this I could taper off. I don't even know where to begin.

I haven't felt happy, motivated, or really anything but BLAH since I came off the subutex. I don't think the naloxone makes a difference, but I remember feeling better doing the daily subutex clinic. At least I had people to talk to there. I'm not sure I want to come off, I just know I want to feel better. I feel like my head is "foggy" and "half awake/asleep" all the time. I have anxiety always, but always have. I never needed medication for it until I got on suboxone. Opiates always cleared my anxiety, but sub does the opposite!

TL;DR
But to get on with this... any one tapered from 6mg-4mg and feel great that they did? How do you feel now? I really wish I would have quit cold turkey from oxy's... but sub has given me time to get my head on straight.. kind of... I fear the withdrawal so deeply. Please help!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:32 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi; about 12 years ago I quit oxy and tapered really slowly; it was bad, but bearable. Now I've been tapering off suboxone after 8 years. Totally my own decision. I am just "ready". I have been been tapering off very slowly, and when I drop I stay on that dose for 3 weeks before dropping again. Whatever dose I've been on, I split it into 3 peices, and take one in the morning, one at noon, and one at about 3pm. I am not under a doctors care, so not sure if this is the best way, but it is working for me. I am on day 2 of 1 mg and feel pretty good actually. I worked out pretty hard today and listened to music and I think that helped, but I'm scared of tomorrow!! I'm hoping since I've been going so slow, it will not be too bad, but I've read some kind of scary stories on line so I'm hopeful but worried. Great job for getting as low as you have have; keep it up,you can do it! It just is a matter of time and determination!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just posted iabout tapering like this:

Once your down to where you figured you were going to zero...

Ei: 1mgs or .5mgs. Instead of going to 0 go to the same or less every other day.

Then every couple of days. Until you feel comfortable not taking it anymore.

I just did zero two days in a row and suffered. I just took .25 and I am going to wait two days before doing either .25 or half of that.

I'll post again tomorrow night with results and keep everyone posted.

Never thought about doing it this way. I am hoping that I could go three days then take .125.

Until I reach zero and as many off days in between as possible and take it from there.

So much depends on what's going on in your life as you are doing it... So we'll see what happens...