It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I lost my damn drugs!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

While reading another members post the other day about something they lost, it made me think of times in the past (during my active addiction) when I lost my drugs. A couple of the stories are pretty funny and I thought maybe if I shared some of my misadventures, some others would feel like sharing theirs. I'm always up for a laugh and would love to hear any of y'alls stories on this subject.

Here's my first story, please bear in mind that I was about 17 years old when this happened.....that explains some of the stupidity you're about to read! :D

The first time I lost drugs, it was a joint. I had so carefully rolled me a nice big joint and then I had the bright idea of sticking it in my wallet.....not in where the money goes or anything halfway smart like that, I simply placed it inside the fold of my wallet. I closed my wallet, making sure that the velcro strip was fully adhered along the length of the wallet. (Yes, I had a wallet with the Velcro strip.....the ladies loved it!!! LOL) I carefully tucked my wallet in my back pocket and then headed out the door.

My buddy and I ended up hooking up with some friends before we all ended up in one car and headed out of town, but first, we dropped by the corner store to grab some smokes. Cool as a cat, I walk into the store and walked right up to the cash register and asked for some cigarettes. When I opened up my super awesome Velcro wallet to pay for the cigs, the joint dropped out and fell onto this glass case.....the case where they keep frozen treats. I had no idea it fell out, I had no idea it was gone. We hopped in the car and drove away.

As we were riding down the road, I carefully opened my wallet to get my joint (it was an awesome joint too, big and FAT) and the damn thing was gone!!! Oh the HORROR!!!! I knew right away what happened, though. We spun that fucking car around like we were the Dukes of Hazzard going to rescue Daisy, I mean gravel was flying, tires were screaching.....we had an emergency situation.....we had a joint to rescue!!! We raced back to the corner store and got there faster than the Star Ship Enterprise could have at warp 9.

I hopped out of the car, went in the store and sure enough, there lay my joint, right on the handle of the frozen treat thingy. There were people ahead of me in line and I remember thinking, "if they grab that joint, I'm gonna kill someone tonight." LOL. So, here I am, standing in line trying to be all cool and whatnot while my insides are about to jump right out of me. I was sure someone was gonna see it and A.) grab it, pocket it and smoke it for themselves (bastards!) or B.) scream, "is that a joint" thus alerting the whole damn store to the fact that there was a joint laying on the ice cream thingy, but apparently no one saw it and after what seemed an eternity, it was finally my turn at the counter. I pointed at something behind the counter, asked how much it was so I would get the cashiers attention off of my hands and as the cashier turned his head, I grabbed the joint and ran outta the store like greased lightning. So much for being cool.

My friends in the car were laughing their asses off cuz they said my eyes were bugged outta my head as I was running towards the car. I dove into the car and said, "I got it, I got it.....drive, drive!!!" I'm telling ya, we fired that joint up a few minutes later and it was one of the best smokes ever!!! LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:
[marq=right] :lol: Great story, Romeo :lol: [/marq]

I don't have a WHOLE LOT of experience LOSING them,,,, I liked to USE ALL that I had, sooo freaking fast,
that I didn't get TIME to "lose" them,,,,,

But there is ONE story I remember where I had gotten a bunch of O.C. 80s from my husband's dying uncle.......
and some liquid, too....... :lol:

Anyways, I used the liquid first.... then it came time for the pills,,,,, My husband was trying to
''make them last"
So he'd only let me take a half at a time,,,,,
i was bent over in the car, trying to smash a HALF a 80.............
that freaking thing must have
ZIPPPP~~~ ZINGED around my car 6 times!!!

I was completely still, TRYING to 'follow it"
:wink:

WELL,,,,
I looked and looked, cleaned a bunch of pop cans and cig packs out, ALL kinds of shit like that!!!!
Anyways,
COULD NOT FIND IT,,,,
went back to the husband, asked for ANOTHER half, cuz I "lost" it in the car,,,,,

You KNOW already he did NOT believe me, I don't blame him, I wouldn't have either!!!

well, I was like "okay dude"
I got all the tools I could find from around the house, went back and PULLED EVERYTHING outta the car!!!

It's a ford explorer,,,
I took the SEATS OUT,
the console out,
then the floor mats,,,,
CHA~~~ CHING !!!!!
FOUND it, under a TINY piece of carpet, RIGHT where the bolts go down thru the
FLOORBOARD!!!!!

Ugghh,,, HOW STRESSFUL that shit is!!!!!

I enjoyed your story Romeo...............

Ive ALSO FOUND someobody's ""stash"" they either forgot about or didn't notice it was there....
A FEW Times!!!
LOL

once I worked for an older lady, who was an RN, her husband had died of lung cancer,,, just six months or so,
before she hired me to add on a deck, and a french door.
she had me do all sorts of 'off the wall' stuff,,
i didnt care, i did it...........

one morning it was her garbage day,,,,,,
she handed me two bags of garbage, and asked for me to put them in the trash container, and push the
trash thing out to the road, carry the blue and yellow recylce deals.......
AS Im walking outta the house,
with the TWO BAGS,,, I notice the
UNMISTAKEABLE noise of PILLS IN A BOTTLE,,,,
YOU know the RATTLE!!!!
I immediately begin DREAMING of what's inside..............then Im like YEA right, it's probably OLD vitamins!!!
none the less, I waited patiently for her to leave for work,
before I "investigated"........
just as she's leaving,,,, the GARBAGE TRUCK, is three doors down,,,,
So I RUN, as soon as she's around the CORNER,,,
and start DIGGING like a bum lookin for a burger.................

CHA~~CHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not ONE, not TWO, but THREE bottles of OXYCODONE,,,
dated, "best if used by 12/2008"
and it was 2010
they were STILL SEALED!!!!!!!!
SCORE!!!
the bottles were small, and they had her husband's name on them,,,
one was 100 ten mg oxy's the OTHER two, were 100 twenty mg oxys!!
IMMEDIATELY,,,
Im back at the TRASH,,,,,, digging for MORE,,,, :roll:
they WERE under some coffee grounds, but WHO CARES, they WERE SEALED!!!!
that was a good week.........

All I got for now!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Romeo, the way that you tell a story in such detail, makes me feel like I was sitting in the car
watching your dumb ass WAIT in line!!!! LOLOLOL!

Amber~That was a score for sure!

Ok, Romeo you reminded me of this one with your half a joint story. My boyfriend at the time and I were driving
home from where ever, I don't remember, and we were smoking a joint. Well we were hungry (of course) and went thru
a drive thru, to get milkshakes and fries. WEll when we got to the window to pay, there was this
young black kid working, and he's all like "yo, I smell weed y'all!" I of course am giggling my ass off and asked
the kid if he wanted a hit! Of course he is like "awwww shiiiiiit, hell yeah I do!" So i very politely hand over
my joint to the kid, and the fucker wouldn't give it back!!! I'm all yelling at him, like give me my joint asshole!!1
He says,,,,"call the cops".......Ummmmm, yeah, can't do that.
So needless to say, I never offered a stranger my only joint again.....I was young and dumb!!! LOL!
I just realized I still have a little resentment about that :shock: [/font]

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Geez, I thought I had torn my car apart a few times looking for lost pills, but I never actually used tools! Anyway, be careful guys, stories like these make us nostalgic for using, they do for me, anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amber....LOL!!! I can just see that half an OC bouncing around your car like a pin ball in a pin ball machine!! And of course, it lands in one of the worst spots imaginable!! LOL!!

Goinstrong....you gave your joint to a guy at the drive thru window....hahahahahaa!!! That's hilarious....you were pretty baked!! What he did gives new meaning to "don't Bogart that joint!"

Lilly, I think part of my recovery is me being able to remember my past drug use without reliving my past drug use. Denying it or trying to block it out is pretty useless, it was a huge part of my life for so long. I was kinda wondering where to put this topic, maybe we can have a moderator move it to the "still messing around" section?

Post subject: Lost pills
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I used to keep my pill bottle full of OC's in my work bag. One day I got home and saw that I had left the top off the bottle after taking a couple at work. I went through every compartment in my bag to find them all, then counted them. I thought there was no way I had already taken that many from my new batch, and just knew there had to be some laying around my car, my desk, or the hallway at my office while carrying them out. So I searched my car, and went to the office after hours to search the parking lot, the hallway, and my desk. I found nothing, so I concluded the spillage was confined to my bag.

Another one happened to a friend of mine. He traveled to another town to buy 3 OC 80's (this was years ago, so they were the "real" ones.) He did something he never does - put them in the cellophane of his cigarette pack. On his way home he took his last cigarette out of the pack, and without thinking threw the empty pack out the window on the highway. In a couple miles he realized what he did, so he turned around, and parked on the shoulder. He then searched the highway for the three pills despite ongoing highway traffic. He found one still intact in a depression on the road. He found another in the cellophane but it had been run over, and found the third on the highway also run over. He scraped up as much as he could and headed home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

^ Out the car window? That's brutal..

I once had a small collection of OC 80s in my jeans pocket and on a whim, decided to take advantage of my friend's washer/ dryer.. I thought I would wash the clothes I was wearing and get them all clean again. It wasn't until 20 minutes or so later that I realized my stash was in the cycle. I felt like an idiot. I pulled them out, and I could see some white residue but there wasn't anything salvageable. The green coating had come off and the pills were broken down and soapy.. what was left of them anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just remember,

when CRAP like "losing the stash" would happen,,,, your thinking "ohhhhh nooooooooooo"

it took SOOOOOOOOOO much effort, there at the end, FOR ME, anyways to

"get money" SOMEHOW,,,, then FIND SOMEONE, with SOMETHING I could AFFORD,

then, ALL THE WAITING!!!!!!

and SOMETIMES, you could still get "ripped off"

so, when it's misplaced, or lost, your just so :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I usually had to try and pick up reciets, outside the store, find one somebody paid in CASH, with, (HARD thing)
THEN, go GET whatever it is, from the shelf, go wait in line, get the $$$
and follow the list above,
Im SO GLAD, I dont HAVE to wake up EVERY SINGLE DAY, and do that, now :wink:

That's why the "stories" for ME,
aren't a trigger,,,
it reminds me of the PURE desperation, hopelessness, and guilt, I felt all the time......

AND<<<<<<<<
Romeo's right too,,,, lots of us spent years and years in addiction,,,,,
hell, I probably have "years" of
WAITING in a parked car for someone :oops:

We can't just "block" out all those years/times/memories................ I think as long as we remind ourselves what comes WITH
the drugs, YOUR FINE.........
I've learned to do that now, automatically, but it did TAKE AWHILE..........
ANYtime you think about using, think about the WORST of using too, and after doing that so many times,
it kinda just "rolls" togehter,

GEEZ, I HOPE Im making Sense to at least ONE person!!!

If you DO want this moved, just SAY SO!!! no problems.....

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Very beginning of my Roxy days. Had just gotten home after a long ass time waiting on idiot "friend", Ofcourse I was a good boyfriend and didn't just gobble mine in the car, I waited to get home to share with the lady friend. Well wanting to use the perfectly granite bathroom countertip to cut them in half to make them ingest faster ( Forgot you could eat these things ), I've got a line of 5 perfectly cut Roxys. Dog then runs into bathroom causing me to jump and knock 4 into the toilet. Shame or not, I didn't neccesarily lose them, but I think I discovered where my problem began ;). Haha. Ofcourse the car stories. How the Hell does it just disappear after it falls! Ugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There would have been one less dog in my house if it were my dog!!! LOL!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:30 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

You know...we didn't keep that dog very long...LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

amber4.14.11 wrote:

Oh geez, this right here...

You scrounged to get up all your money. You made "the call"...got that same "I'll be at _____ in ____ minutes. Then you head that way.

Then, you sit. And anything like me, I was nearing withdrawals by this time, so I'm sitting there with my heart pounding...sweaty palms...having chills in middle of 98 degree weather...
And every car that passes is "OMG it's an undercover..they just KNOW what I'm doing don't they. I'm going to get busted."

I remember when I went and bought the most massive number of OC 80's that I ever bought (in fact, I made sure that I never bought that many at once ever again!!..and it was because of this encounter)

I called up the guy..said "hey...I got $800 of tax money my wife don't know about and I NEED some of the blue O's...the 80s...
It came out to me buying about 15 of them, because he would give me a $45/each if I bought over 5 at a time from him...

So I buy my 15...throw down the $700-some odd bucks...and when I get to the car, I just sit in his driveway a few minutes...thinking. "What do I do with these."
A car passes and I watch the rear view...still haven't cranked the car yet...I'm still trying to figure out where to put these things.
I knew where they needed to go...but I was not prepared to do that. But then I started freaking out (I had snorted a 1/2 sitting in the house with the dealer...so I was starting to get WAAAY buzzed!)
I knew...but how was I going to do that? And I knew they would be OK...he always wrapped his in sandwich baggies, doubled...then tied in a tight knot. I always had to cut his stashes open with a blade because they would not untie..

So...I start trying to "put" those 15 pills somewhere that my body didn't want them to go. 10 minutes later, I'm still sitting there, sweating like a bull...with no luck.
Then I had this funny thought..."damn, this must be what homosexuals like about this"...because I had NEVER put anything in THAT hiding spot. And I didn't succeed in trying to get those 15 pills in there either. And thinking back about it...kinda makes my stomach turn, because I would even touch that area with toilet paper if I didn't have to...but that's the mind of a sober person. The mind of a jacked-up person works different, obviously..because I was trying to do something that I couldn't do...and never tried to do again.

what was that quote I heard on the show "Drugs, INC" ???.....I think the guy said "I'm gonna spit on it, then I'm gonna sit on it"....
And they had to turn the cameras off quick because he was going to do it with them filming.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject: And...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:15 pm 

WantToBeFREE wrote:
You know...we didn't keep that dog very long...LOL
and you kept a perfectly clean toilet after that.

Johnathan, you put images in my head that I did not want!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I Loled pretty hard reading some of these. Esp the guy with 15 ocs and too high to figure out what to do with them. Lol.

I was in college. Real OCs were still raging. And just got my difference check for my student loans. Cashed it still in my pajamas and packed up my stuff (what little I had) and moved out of my friends apartment so I could avoid the last bills and splurge on pills. Long story short. I got 20 OC 40s and walked back to my car. Before I could even open the Jersey butterfly capped tiny jawns jar full of golden lifesavers... This super hot girl that buys from the same guy walks up to say hi. Now this is where she asks me to show her how to smoke them because she never did it before and being addict Joe cool I agreed. So she hops in and we did what we did and she got out quicker than she got in... lol... but i get out to check my room to back up because college towns can have award parking in the mountains and quickly get back in to drive away high as hunter s Thompson on a weekend in Vegas. I get home. NO PILL JAR! AHHH!! so I immediately head back mad as a hornet thinking she had to of taken them like a good little addict lol. Pull in. And before I can run up his staircase I see the tiny jar busted into the gravel where I dropped it off my lap getting out the second time and all my pills safely unharmed in a pocket of the gravel. Man. Those were the worst times and I wouldn't trade my life now for that for unlimited OCs. I'm glad this was started for some good understanding laughs,!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

amber4.14.11 wrote:
I usually had to try and pick up reciets, outside the store, find one somebody paid in CASH, with, (HARD thing)
THEN, go GET whatever it is, from the shelf, go wait in line, get the $$$
and follow the list above,
Im SO GLAD, I dont HAVE to wake up EVERY SINGLE DAY, and do that, now :wink:

I know it well. We simply called those "receipt returns."

amber4.14.11 wrote:

AND<<<<<<<<
Romeo's right too,,,, lots of us spent years and years in addiction,,,,,
hell, I probably have "years" of

Yes, it feels like you just live in the car.. welp, until you're actually living in the car for reals.

Post subject: Re: And...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:40 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

rule62 wrote:
and you kept a perfectly clean toilet after that.

Hahahaha, ways to stay sober - Tip 1204 Don't flush any toilets, ever.

I think i've also wasted most of my later teens in cars waiting for people......Jeeze I hated waiting for some scumbag to make money off you, but they couldn't be bothered to be prompt. Addicts will wait no longer the amount of time.

Blah