It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Loss of mem'ry can Fire
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well now i need to watch my memory more than ever.
I had my first fire alone. i was going to fry some good ol sallops in the fry'r and then needed to get some thing at the store and for got to shut the fry off . when i got back home in 10 2 15 minute smoke was rushing out my windows :o :shock: :shock: i ran in and smoke was so intence i had to crall almost . the stove had fire burning up through the cabnets . i ran quik to get the fire ext'r and fell started choking and the fire alarms were running at full blast so i was afraid of waking the naibers at 2 am so i tore the from the walls and got the fire extr'ng and put the fire out choking my brains out.
now thank Got i put the fire out be for i woke or near'ly kill'd my self and my naeiber's i was afraid this could happen do too my memory loss do to the medication and all ways tell my doc and couns'r aabout this but they gust say thats some thing we can't FIX . i would just keep thinking they don't really give a FUCK any way but there is ohh nothing they can do about it.
Now i just feel like this is how all of us medicated people have to live alone in DANGER. sorry i'm a little scared and upset i some some carpentry i have to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

is there any one out there that have memory loss do to meds? and need to be a little more care full with there daily active- esp- being alone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Unfortunately, Suboxone as well as many opiates, opiods and most narcotic drugs can give you memory loss as a side effect. That really sucks about your kitchen catching on fire.

I may have a little foggyness but I wouldn't go as far to say I have memory loss.

Have you thought about switching from Suboxone to something else? Maybe methadone would not give you the memory loss?

Not sure, but you could always try it to see if you get better results.

In the mean time. Write things down and review it every morning to re-inforce what you have to do for the day. Have a similar list of check points around the house before you leave...Like...check oven burners, make sure doors are closed etc. It may seem silly but this will help you remember better.

You could also get those Apple apps for memory that might make you remember better.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

thanks 1975 '. what are apple apps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Apps for your iPhone that exercise your memory.

Yeah man unfortunately all psychotropic drugs cause memory loss to some degree. Sub, methadone, all opioids, as well as many psych medications. There's this misconception that opioids are a relatively "clean" drug, compared to cocaine / amphetamines in terms of the damage they can cause in the brain. This isn't true. When high on opioids, people's breathing can stop at times for minutes. That's true for the clean pharma opioids as well as heroin. Taking 2 breaths every minute takes its toll on the brain unfortunately.

It can be hard to accept that some of the damage is done by our own decisions, and our own choices to get involved with drugs. Personally I think it's important to own / take responsibility for at least some of the damage.

Some of my issues? I've got a tremor from lithium. Even when I stop taking it for months, the tremor still comes out when my anxiety rises. Anti-psychotics like Seroquel / Zyprexa can cause movement disorders of the mouth / tongue / face. Fortunately I don't experience this noticeably, though in older people / people who have been on them for a long time, you can see it happening. The docs call it Tardive Dyskinesia. Buprenorphine can cause myoclonic jerks if taken too long, though fortunately it can be controlled with a reduced dose, and largely goes away when you stop taking it. It can also wreak havoc with a persons endocrine functioning - ie hormone production / testosterone, lack of libido etc etc.

I talked to my doctor some time ago about my perception of medication and drugs of abuse. I told him I believed that all psychotropic drugs come at a cost. Any benefit you receive from a medication is offset by the presence of side-effects or lasting damage / changes. He said he didn't believe that at all, and there are good drugs (ie medication) and bad drugs (drugs of abuse), and only the bad drugs come at a price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ohhhh johnboy,,,

I'm sorry to hear about all of that......
are you on anything for ADHD,,, now??? cuz that will definitely affect your memory as well.....

I know it has mine... I mean NOT taking something,,, my memory is terrible.... I've noticed the Strattera, I'm taking now,
since January,, is REALLY HELPING my memory....

and above someone mentioned making lists,,, I think that would really help, too...
it's not so much about looking at the lists,,, but for me, just the "act" of making them,,,
that helps me remember, then I sorta get a 'mental checklist' going, and that's what makes an actual change.

well,, I hope you feel better, or I hope you can start remembering better, VERY SOON

and Hang in there, man

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

thanks ya all'. but i forget where my memo is :lol: the adderal helps a bit with my focusing but i get so cot up in 10 projects i'm again here wide a wake for 39 hours again and again. well hell' no one around here wants to here this crapp :P i'm trying to get off the lexapro down to 10mg and was taking 60. ahhh i took 200mg of traxadone 4 hours ago and feel like a wide a wake moving BLOB BLA BLA BLA THATS ALL I can say when i talk. hostipal wanted to take me in for lexapro medication indused mainia but i did not stay cause they wold have let me go in a week on a med that i wood make me worse.
so like my 4 year doc said many times i can not take mood meds for 4 off then all most killed me . well i sit and llay down sit and lay down started back on my bike and all most fell on it. so now again i sit and lay down now watching some dumb ass movie and to domb to rember when to change the station :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey, johnboy, sorry I didn't see this post before. A woman in my Suboxone group started her couch on fire with a cigarette, and then about 2 weeks later I left a candle burning on a wooden mantle for a night and a day, almost burning down my house with my whole family in it. That was my final moment of clarity that made me decide to get off Subs for good.

Post subject: I am a Troll
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:25 am 
Content deleted. Poster was banned as a trouble maker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i don't think suboxone is all the cause of my memory". i think its the trazadone lexapro or adderal. but ya never no