It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:33 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi
I have been using for over ten years. I have tried several times to quit opiates. The longest I have lasted was a few weeks. My addicition is ruining my life. My family does not know I am stuck on drugs. My girl friend of 3 years suspects it, but has no clue how bad it really is. I have a daughter. She is the greatest thing to ever happen to me. I am a good father, but the drugs are whats preventing me from being a great father. I have a full time, descent paying job, but im piss poor all the time because I blow all of my money on pills. I am so sick of my addiction. I am ashamed, I am depressed, I am scared. Tommorrow I am hoping to give quitting a whole hearted attempt. I am trying to use suboxone temporarily. Maybe a couple weeks. Any advice or help along the ride is very much appreciated. I am coming off 240mg+ oxy a day. I have a few strips, and access to a couple more. I will be back to update either way. I could be full of shit, but I really REALLY hope not. I love my family, and I truely want to be a better man for them. My head is so fucked right now

Post subject: Starting Suboxone
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:21 pm 

Hi familyman and welcome to the forum. You are in the right place if you are looking for support in recovery via Suboxone therapy.

If you have a good job with insurance, it would be much better if you found a local Suboxone doctor and got on it legally. I hate to see you fooling around with just a few strips and then not having enough to last. At least with a Dr. you would have a steady supply of Sub and won't have to worry about the next film being available. Plus you don't know how much to take to start, right?

Your habit is a large one and needs to be dealt with properly but of course the decision is up to you. Let us know what you decide and we'll give you more information.

Welcome once more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Rule is right on with his advise. I just want to add and urge you to BE SURE to be off your DOC long enough before taking your suboxone, or you may be in worse hell than you imagine you are in now. Please for your own sake, heed Rules advise and get a legal script for subs. You WILL NEVER regret this decision. I can feel in your words that you are in fact ready to STOP drugs. Suboxone WILL help you IMMEDIATELY but you MUST wait for a certain amount of time before going on suboxone or you risk precipitated withdrawl. THAT IS HELL! I have never wxperienced it, but if it is anything like ppl describe, you DO NOT want to go thru that. You deserve a good life. You deserve to be the man you KNOW in your heart that you are. Give yourself a chance and seek a doctor that can perscribe suboxone to you legally and you will see that life is beautiful.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree with rule62 and sweet 16. That's some good advice. If you've been using for over 10 years, couldn't stop on your own, chances are a few strips aren't going to get you where you want to be. Say you are successful with your current plan, you will likely be dealing with PAWS and miserable for quite a bit. Getting thru that without using will be pretty hard if not impossible.

Now if you get with a doctor and get on sub maintenance,, the farther away from active using you get- the easier it will be to face 100% abstinence. And you will immediately likely be a different, better person on sub. I know I was and many others too.

Whatever you do, good luck and congrats for going in a better direction.

Gb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:11 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I just wrote a long update..but my phone lost it..anyways i failed..miserbly..will be bavk later when i ca. use a pc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Familyman - Hello and welcome. Whatever happened it's ok and it's in the past. You still have the opportunity to get help and get on suboxone. That hasn't changed, nor has your situation and your desire and determination to do this for you and YOUR FAMILY.
We're here to help you through it anyway we can. Try to stay positive. I hope you come back.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

YEA!!! I hope you come back too!!!!!

HAT's right on there, whatever happened, is in the past, all you can do is grow from it.

I think every one of us failed miserably at least a few times, I think ONLY THEN, you can get 'serious' about recovery.

I hope you can find a doctor, and get back on the road to recovery family man.

[marq=right]Wishing you strength and hope now ***************************[/marq]

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:09 am 

When I decided I had to quit last fall I was scared to death! I was afraid of withdrawals, afraid of not having anything to look forward to enough to replace my D.O.C., afraid of what my family and friends were going to say, etc. The only thing that gave me the least bit of comfort was finding out that I didn't have to withdraw for very long, and that I could just surrender my care to an addiction doctor. I wouldn't have to be relying on myself to manage things anymore. I can't tell you what a relief that was to be able to give up control.

It's obvious that you are tired of the game and you need help to get off of active use. It sounds like you spend a lot of disposable income on your d.o.c., so you should be able to pay for a suboxone doctor even if you have no health insurance. Use the resources of this site. There are links to searching tools to find a sub doctor in your area.

Please consider getting help for your addiction. You are worth it!!!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
afraid of not having anything to look forward to enough to replace my D.O.C.

This was something that I was also afraid of. I thought life was going to be so boring once I chose to get sober and couldn't do any drugs anymore. But I was pleasantly surprised that I actually look forward to every day now, and life is much more fun now than it ever was when I was getting high. I didn't think that was possible, but it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:10 pm 

Exactly! :) There is hope!

Amy