It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:17 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone, I just joined, and thought I would explain why I'm here. This whole thing started because of my insomnia. It started with xanx, adavan, ambien etc, etc. The benzo's worked for a little while, but QUICKLY got WAY out of control. To make a long story short, I quickly found pain killer's. Not only did the pain killers help my sleep (yes I can sleep on them), but they basically took away my stress, anxiety, and of course made me feel like a million buck's. This was the beginning of my 10 year opiate/pill addiction. I never got into the heroin (wiffed it a couple times), my sweet spot was pain killer's. I stayed away from the OC's, strictly because they were WAY too expensive. My drug's of choice was PERC 10's, oxycodone, hydro's, and just about what ever I could get my hands on. Don't get me wrong, I loved OC's, Roxy's, and morphine, but I was all about Quanity, not quality The thing that scared me the most, is how many I would take at one time. My tolerance got so high, I would take 12-15 perc 10's at a time, in combination with benzo's, noroton's, flexies, or what ever else, I could mix with it. The problem with these drug's, is that you think your fine, but people on the outside, are watching you nod out, grit your teeth, and acting like a fool. Honestly, during the dark day's, I thought I would NEVER EVER, NO WAY, NO HOW kick this habbit. I was blown away, by how easy the subox brought me off the pills. I think the key was, that I was READY to QUIT! I still struggle, but without the subox it would be MUCH worse! I've been clean for 7 month's, and my insomnia is getting better. PEACE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for sharing your story! When I was in active addiction, it wasn't just pain pills for me either. I was also hooked on and abusing an incredible amount of xanax. When I quit (at the same time I quit opiates), they had to put me on phenobarbital to prevent any seizures. Crazy times, right? I'm glad the sub is working well for you. I hope you stick around the forum and keep posting. Welcome!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Welcome.....
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:54 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Train Wreck,
Welcome and Congrat's on your 7 months of Recovery and the rest of your life! We are glad you found the Forum and hope you will continue to post your Story good & Bad so others can have hope that they too can have a Recovery Story as well !! We had a similar DOC for me though it was Oxycodone 30's from the street and Oxycodone 10 mgs. from my Dr.!!! And I like you was the only one that didn't see my addiction as a problem. I thought it was perfectly normal to consume 300 - 350 mgs. of Oxycodone day!! Also i am an Alcoholic and was drinking Heavily during the peak of my addiction!!! It was a crazy pitiful existence that I pray will NEVER experience Again!!!!! With the Grace of God I have been Clean (on Suboxone which I consider CLEAN) since Feb. 2009 and SOBER since June 2009.. I go to AA meetings on a regular basis and go to counseling weekly and life has never been better . This Forum is also a big part of my Recovery and I hope it helps you as well. Hope to hear from you again. Take care and continued success on your Recovery......

God Bless
TW

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:41 pm 
Congragulations on 7 months of recovery and welcome to the forum!! This forum is a great source of information as well as a lot of people who are here to help you. I hope you'll stick around to share your experiences!! Again welcome!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
Thanks for sharing your story! When I was in active addiction, it wasn't just pain pills for me either. I was also hooked on and abusing an incredible amount of xanax. When I quit (at the same time I quit opiates), they had to put me on phenobarbital to prevent any seizures. Crazy times, right? I'm glad the sub is working well for you. I hope you stick around the forum and keep posting. Welcome!

Thank's for the warm welcome everyone. Feel's real good here! Yeah Hatmaker, a hand full of perc 10's, and a couple xanax, make for an interesting night....even though I never really rememerd it in the morning...lol Talk about a mind eraser! Kind of makes me wonder what I liked so much about it???