It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello Everyone,

Thanks to all of you and your insightful responses to my previous threads ("Constant WD Symptoms" and "Suboxone Treatment Centers," both in the "Stopping Suboxone" section) I've decided that the best thing for me to do is start a six month taper to get off of Suboxone for good.

Because I struggle so much with the symptoms of tapering, and because of the potency problems I have with the pill as opposed to the strip because I'm from Canada, I was wondering if anyone on the forum would be willing and available to be my "tapering buddy" while I go through this process. It wouldn't entail that much, just possibly talking me down when I'm having a hard time and wanting to take more defeating my taper, either by PM or text message -- if you're willing. I'm not only looking to beat this stuff but also make a friend or two, since it is such a unique struggle we go through with this drug and because most everyone else doesn't know or understand. Psychologically, I really do believe that my isolation with regards to this issue is one of the things holding me back, and I would be so appreciative to meet someone going through something similar or just willing to talk to me and lend a helping hand.

I found one other topic with someone looking for a tapering buddy, but that was from May and I thought it would be weird to just PM that person, not knowing the result of their inquiry.

As always, thanks for the support and understanding. This forum is amazing.
-Suboxoff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:18 pm 

Bump.

Sorry no one offered to be your taper buddy. It's all in the timing I guess. But you bring up a good point. It is easier to taper and stop if you're doing it with someone else. Smokers do that all the time. it doesn't work so well for alcohol though. Somehow they always seem to end up drunk together!

We can keep bumping this up for a few weeks/months and see if anyone is interested in tapering with you. I know I would surely like a buddy to quit with once I decide to actually do it.

Good luck finding someone,

rule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know, what a bummer! This is the best Suboxone forum on the internet. There's got to be someone out there willing to step up!!

And I want to make it clear that I am not looking for unilateral support. I can assure anyone considering to take on this role that I can be incredibly supportive and compassionate, as well. Together, let's beat this stuff! Like most things in life, it's much harder to go it alone...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I, too, am in Canada and am tapering. Currently, I am down to 1 mg. I wouldn't mind having somebody to whom I could be held accountable and hold accountable, not to mention bounce ideas off of.

If you still need a Subxone taper buddy, let me know. Regardless, best of luck! I know it can be done, I just have to learn how to do it, myself!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Suboxoff wrote:
I know, what a bummer! This is the best Suboxone forum on the internet. There's got to be someone out there willing to step up!!

And I want to make it clear that I am not looking for unilateral support. I can assure anyone considering to take on this role that I can be incredibly supportive and compassionate, as well. Together, let's beat this stuff! Like most things in life, it's much harder to go it alone...

If you're really looking for a taper buddy, or excellent support during the process, I recommend going to the subsux.com forum where unlike here, I got some actual help

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:41 pm 

Really Steph?,
I went back over all 25 of your posts since March and you said Thank you Ten times to thoses who tried to help you.
And yes this is a pro sub site with some experience in tapering, but Subsux is the place to be to get off all this awful suboxone. .glad you found them and your free and clear of it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:07 pm 

I too looked over ur posts and saw that u got nothing but support. If subsux is so much better then why are ya bk here reading through posts? If u truly thought that u got zero help/support here then why come bk? The posts I read of urs, u sure seemed supported to me. That's a slap in the face honestly so thank u, glad to know that the ppl who took the time to support u, myself included, were appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:44 pm 

Hi All, While I like the idea of a tapper buddy, I also think that it could become difficult. You must be willing to provide only support...no criticism. For me, that would be the only way. But, we are all different and sometimes it is tough love that really works! Steph, I am so sorry to hear that you did not find support here. As one of the moderators, I really would like to help! Could you give me an example of when you felt you were not supported? I too looked back over some of your postings and did not see it. I'm not saying that you are not entitled to your feelings, just trying to do my best to understand. Thank you and best of luck to you if you make the decision to not return.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If love to be your tapering buddy. I could use one as well. I began my taper 5 days ago. It's been kind of rough. Just like most of us here I am a professional drug addict with Opiates being my DOC. After 11 years of using virtually every opiate known to man, I got onto Suboxone. Now, 18 months later, I've managed to drop my dose from 16mg to 2mg (was stable at 4mg until 5 days ago). Today, day 5 of g, is the first time that I've felt as if I am beginning to stabilize at my new dose. I've planned to drop to 1.5mg on Sunday which would give me a total of 6 days at my current dose. The WD symptoms during my adjustment have been surprisingly intense. I actually expected the transition from 4 to 2 to go pretty seamlessly....it has not. I've slept a collective 10 hours in 5 days. Have had malaise, the runs, agitation, depression, etc. you know the drill, I'm sure. I am fortunate in that I have a fantastic wife who backs me up 110% but it would be exceptionally nice to have the ability to communicate with someone who can relate and better understands the power and hopelessness of addiction. I too do not have reasonable access to the films and am tapering with 2mg pills. I've been concerned about consistently reducing my dose by 25% every 6-10 days but I believe I've figured that out. Do you know if I need to "stabilize" on each dose before reducing further? I do not. I also don't really know what stabilize truly means. Does that mean absolutely 0 withdrawal symptoms or what? I'm afraid. Very afraid, actually, of what's to come. It's been pretty rough going from 4mg to 2mg and some say that that's one of the easier jumps to make. It's a bit discouraging and sometimes has me feeling pretty hopeless/desperate but I'm trucking through it. My wife had been instrumental but I worry about being a burden. She already does so much. She says that she does not mind and I believe her. I think that the burden feeling I get is just guilt associated with years of drug abuse and addiction. Sorry that this post is all over the place. Another WD symptom I've had is dizziness and confusion. Makes it tough to string together a coherent, concise message.

In short, if you're still asking, I'd love to have a taper buddy. I have no clue how to PM. You'll have to teach me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:09 pm 

Hey Patti :) welcome! If I were u I'd pm the original poster, that would probably notify them by email that they've received a personal message. To do that click on the original poster's name and there should be an option to pm them. U type out ur message and hit submit :) I think that would benefit u both.

Congrats on getting down so low, very inspiring. Good luck!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:47 pm 

Sometimes, to a person who is trying hard to get off sub and struggling with it, the only help that is wanted is commiseration about how awful suboxone is. I've known many reasonable people who actually appreciated what sub did for them, but have sounded like major anti-sub for a time while tapering and stepping off of it. It's like they need to be really angry at sub for a certain amount of time and the only thing that really feels supportive to them is someone who will get angry with them. Does that make sense?

Because as much as we are somewhat open to a detoxer being angry at sub we certainly don't join in and we try to reign that person in as quickly as possible to prevent new users from being freaked out. That's our job and we are GOOD at it! But maybe subsux provides a kind of support too that is sometimes needed.

So, to my fellow mods and posters and friends, keep up the good working helping people in the way that makes sense to us! We help a lot of people!

But try not to feel disgruntled that Steph was helped better over at subsux because they had what she needed at the time. We can't be all things to every person nor should we try to be.

Steph, you may not feel like posting here again, because we were a little bit upset by what you posted, but I hope you do post again. I would like to hear if what I described in this post resonates with your experience at all.

And when we tell people that maybe they need to go try subsux, make the recommendation in earnest instead of with the attitude of, "and don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out!" which I have been guilty of myself.

Amy