It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:21 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi. I currently have a doctor in Oklahoma City that I have been going to for a short time. I chose them because they answered my call immediately and scheduled an appointment for just a short time after.

There are some issues that I've just typed out but deleted because I'd rather not be identified by them in anyway. I'm basically just fearful to be honest with them because the times I have the doctor seemed to overreact. I can't tell if it was genuine concern or if he asks questions just to catch me "saying the wrong thing."

I have done very well for the short time I've been there. Last month was the first time I had used too many of my pills. At the time I wasn't sure if he implied that I had failed my drug test (in other words, tested positive for nothing INCLUDING my bupe medication) but he asked several times if there was anything I wanted to tell him. I finally told him I was having a problem with using my medication more frequently than I should. We discussed and agreed that the dosage should stay the same and this was just the AA "obsession of the mind."

If I really did not test positive for my medication, I believe it was a fluke because I definitely had taken it roughly 28 hours before my appointment (and every day up to then.)

This month is much worse. I have used my medication much faster this month. I am in a serious situation now with over a week before my next visit. I am scared to call and explain. I am scared to go in withdrawing and fail the test (again??).

I want a doctor I can trust and be 100% honest with. I know a huge part of the problem is me. But at the same time, I need to feel comfortable and not let the fear of getting kicked out influence my decisions.

I am just wondering if anyone in OKC could share their experiences with their doctors. I have tried to research reviews and have read many threads about running out early and am trying to decide if I should make a call to the office. I'm scared. I need a backup plan as well if the remainder of this month goes as badly as I'm predicting.

Thanks for any comments or PMs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:38 pm 

I'm sorry that I can't offer any advice about specific doctors in the OKC area. I do think that your biggest concern right now should be about the fact that you're going through you sub more quickly than you should be. Many folks who start suboxone test the limits of the medication. We are used to taking pills to make us feel better, and our addiction tells us that we should be taking more and more sub to see if we could get high. It is a psychological need rather than a physical one. If you feel better after you take more suboxone it's a placebo effect, not a real one. I understand the impetus to make sure you have a back up plan, but perhaps you could be devoting some energy to finding an addiction therapist who can help you with this issue.

I wish you well in your search!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:11 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I'm from okc! Please contact me if you read this.