It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:54 am 
New Poster
New Poster

My name is Christina, I found this wonderful site in 2011 when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. I had just started suboxone and was uninformed and terrified. I met some amazing people on here and was somewhat relieved who could be comforted completely with that situation. Long story short had my daughter and not one issue at all. I did come back and share my story back in 2012 after I had her. I think the only problem she ever had was wanting o breastfeed till she was 3. But now here is my new concern and sorry if I ramble. I was a CNA back in 2011 in IL I was son Subutex and had no problems at all. worked for about 2 years. Now I am no longer a CNA but in the phlebotomy program at my school in Indiana. I have to take a drug test at a lab for clinicals and those clinicals are at a hospital. After this program I want to work as a Phlebotomist and then get back into the nursing program. My question is this, I know the test has to specifically test for subutex and suboxone. Any ideas if they will test for it and if so will I be ok because I am seeing a doctor and have a prescription. I have been on it so long and its almost like any other meds I have to take on a daily basis. It dosen't impair my judgement or make me feel un normal. Why I started with this is way back when my ex popped my back out of place i wa prescribed Hydrocodone for a very long time never abused it just kept getting refills and kept taking it as prescribed. I was 19 and did not know or think about the consequences. Once I tried to stop taking them well im sure you all know what happens from there. So found a sub doc. Thank you for your time and hope i can find some information.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:30 pm 

Hey Xtina welcome back to the forum.

I'm thinking it's pretty much a toss up if someone is going to test for bupe or not. It's becoming more common now than in the past that these places do test for it, but who knows really. I'd hope that since u do have a script for it, it shouldn't matter. It's unfair to have our lives bk together and still be unfairly treated because of suboxone. Hopefully it'll all go fine and honestly I think it will. I wish u lot's and lot's of luck!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Our local occupation medicine clinics; the ones that do the pre-employment screening; do not test for buprenorphine. Generally buprenorphine is not on the 5 or 7 panel tests. Even if you do test positive you would be contacted by their medical examiner (not the employer) to review your results and confirm you prescription through the state data base for controlled substances.
good luck