It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Someone sent me a PM of something and I wanted to read it for myself...so I searched my posts. Didn't realize i had 21 pages of posts, and couldn't find the one that I was PM'd about...something about a doctor I mentioned accepting insurance...but it was back in 2012 and I don't remember which doctor I was talking about back then...

I happened upon this thread:

painkiller-abuse-reaching-epidemic-proportions-t8531.html

I read through my posts in that...
I think condensing our posts and reading them every couple years is therapy in itself. Even now, I'm so much further than I was when I posted this...much more mature I guess...and still just as happy.

And still on Suboxone, and will be hitting 10 years soon. Each day I spend on Sub is a day spent successful in beating addiction.
And every morning starts a new day for those who weren't successful to try again.
Never give up the fight!

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:16 am 

Jonathan, Good morning! So insightful and a great idea! It is a good way to take a look at the journey and to see how far we have each come! Thank you for sharing! Have a great day!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:35 am 

"Each day I spent on Sub is a day successful in beating addiction "

Great line Jon..congratulations on 10 years. 6 for me last month. Days and years we all can be proud of weather we count them or not.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:28 pm 

Looking bk on older posts is a great idea imo! It shows how much growth you've done and let's ya see how maybe some of our thoughts have evolved.

I remember my first thread was when I was so upset that my doctor was tapering me from 16mg to 12mg lol and I was so scared. I was like "if it's not broke don't fix it"..... I've learned so much since then.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So refreshing to read a thread with this message... and to think that it is on my forum!! So many other messages out there...

Over the years I've watched many patients leave buprenorphine treatment at the request or order of parents, spouses, judges, or parole officers. I've read their obituaries, or heard from their friends about their relapses and incarcerations. As y'all know, I believe that buprenorphine should be just one more medication for just one more illness, as we use chronic medications to treat illnesses that are far less dangerous than opioid dependence.

Should everyone stay on buprenorphine for life? Of course not. But ALL patients should be be able to decide, for themselves, whether to stay on medication or deal with the risks of going off medication.

Recently one of my patients described meeting with a new therapist. The patient has been off illicit opioids for 4 months-- and the therapist asked her 'why haven't you started tapering off buprenorphine yet?' I wanted to explain how things work to that relatively-new patient, but I ended up providing the short version: 'Your therapist is an idiot!'

Thanks, guys, for keeping this site going.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You deserve a huge thanks for giving us the place to gather and share our stories of progress, failure, or just what may have happened in life in general...

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:40 pm 

Thanks jonathanm1978, for saying what we all feel here. W/o this forum we'd be in the dark about all the benefits and life saving abilities of this medication. Dr. Junig took it to another level and most of us consider this place to be the utmost expert on Buprenorphine use. So many good threads over the years that it was refreshing to re-read some of those.

r

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:34 pm 

Indeed. We are lucky to have this forum dedicated to the issues that are near and dear to us and we have Dr. Junig to thank for that. Suppose we were surrounded by nothing but subsux and other negative and misleading sites? Where would many of us be then??

Thank you Dr. Junig! Can you tell us the date you started this forum and your blog? We should celebrate the anniversary EVERY YEAR!!!

Much appreciation for your respect and altruism!

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll have to do some research on that! The first web site I set up related to buprenorphine was 'subox.info', which I put together using Microsoft Publisher, probably around 2004 (Suboxone first hit the market in 2003 in the US). I eventually moved to a wordpress site that is still up, and I found a post from February of 2008 announcing SuboxForum: https://suboxonetalkzone.wordpress.com/2008/02/25/new-suboxone-forum/

That's probably when I started it, but after a year or so I drifted away to focus more on the blog. I set up a page with the name 'addiction remission' which I thought was a great term for buprenorphine treatment. That page also started out as a Microsoft Publisher site, but then was changed to Wordpress: http://addictionremission.com/

After months without visiting the forum, I stopped by to check on it, and it had grown like crazy while I was gone!

The archives are huge, and I worry that the site will crash some day... I've thought about trimming it, but it is hard to decide which content to remove.

The moderators are the people who keep this place going, and I'm extremely grateful for their help (!!!)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:05 am 

Where would we all be without this place of knowledge and encouragement. .here here !!

Agreed Amy, looks like we have a Birthday coming up on the 25th!! Thank you Doc.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:00 pm 

Don't even get me thinking about the archives and how to protect them. They'll need to put me on Zoloft or something to cope!

But then again, most of the information here resides in between our ears. Our members and mods can answer almost any question asked.

r

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:19 pm 

Oh lord have mercy I hope this forum never crashes!!

This forum has been a lifesaver for me. I've learned so much and to have Dr Junig here is awesome plus docm2! 2 doctors giving advice and all our super smart mods and members is priceless.

Thank u Dr J!!!!!!