It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hello to all of the so supportive friends I've made on this forum, from whom I've received good advice, and encouragement during rough times.

my thread title says it all. things are looking up so much for me lately. I'm really enjoying time with my children and my boyfriend who had told me the last few weeks multiple times how proud he is of me. we are doing lots of things together, taking walks, having slumber parties with the kids, taking long atv rides on the farm together, and all without having tostop for me to take a handful of pills or go home cuz im sick with wd!
earlier this afternoon, Steve my bf, came home from work to tell me not to make any plans for this weekend cause hes got a surprise lined up for me for Valentine's day and as a special way to show me how much my getting serious about getting well has meant to him. he said the difference is night and day, and that he had "missed" me so much when I was " out there". those words meant so much to me to hear, I cried a little bit, yup, like a little emotional girl, lol! I realized that many of the problems and fights we'd been havingbefore really were due to my addiction and obsession with scoring and taking drugs, and placing that above all else, including my kids and my man. it's hard to realize that I ruined our vacations, outings, get togethers with my need to fix every four hours, it's shameful, really. .... but, I know I can't live on the past anymore, cause I have allot of good living to look forward to now that I'm doing so much better. good times to be had with my children, baseball season for them coming up soon, planting my garden this year, I didn't even touch it last year, and it's been a real hobby of mine. and I can only guess what Steve may have up his Lil sleeve for this weekend.. wooo hoo! I'm excited like a Lil kid! somebody pinch me! I can hardly believe how much things have changed! just feeling good and happy and wanted to share what great things can come from leaving the active addiction lifestyle behind, so that anyone whose considering sub as an option, will have a good story to read, because I know there's lots of bad ones out there and it's just not that way for everyone! it's worth a try to get your life back! thanks everybody!
I hope this doesn't sound, eye rollingly, bubbly, happy etc, cause I know not everyone is having such a great time of things right now, and I want them to know that I'm keeping them in my thoughts, and praying for good outcomes for all in recovery! you all have been invaluable to me reading this forum everyday!

lizzie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:03 pm 

Lizzie, I'm so happy for you with how things have turned around!! I would have cried too, I guarantee it! Everything that your boyfriend is feeling, your kids are feeling the same way, even if they can't articulate it well. Getting into recovery is the best gift you could have given all of them.

I hope you let us know what Steve has planned for you (unless it's not G rated)!!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

thank you Amy! I'll be sure to post all about it, leaving the pg 13 parts out of course, lol! only thing is, I'll miss the kids. I share custody with their daddy, and they go stay with him starting tomorrow for the next two weeks. we've been having a good time withthem so that's going to be tough on mama! however.....hmmmm big surprise planned for me... I'm sure I'll make it thru! :-) somehow! stay tuned!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Awwww, that's so sweet Lizzie! I am truly happy for you!

Yeah, I agree with Amy, I want the gossip after the weekend!!!!!

(If it's not G rated you can pm me... :P )

Q

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

yup, I'm pretty excited! I'll be sure to dish ladies! ;-)! I can't even imagine what it might be though. we're actually predicted to get over a foot of snow here starting tomorrow afternoon, so I'm hoping that won't mess things up for whatever he's planning!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Maybe he's taking you sledding? :lol:

Kidding of course. Bet it will be X-TRA nice and something well deserved.

PM me if you have too. I'm excited for you Lizzie! :D

Karen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That's awesome, I'm happy for you. Thank you for sharing your story, and enjoy your Valentine's Day surprise. Your boyfriend sounds like a keeper. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

we've definitely had our rough times, but I think he' s a keeper too! I like putting the positives about sub therapy out there since there are so many negative/ horror stories out there. I want people to know that it really can change their life for the better and that you can get out of the horrid life of active addiction. I spent over ten long years using and throwing jobs, relationships, money, and most of my kids childhood away on drugs and if I can turn it around,I think anyone can !

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:06 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congratulations! I know it's awesome, I'm really glad my current bf didn't know me when I was at my worst, he's actually the one who recommended I go on suboxone. But that's great that you guys are in such a good place, I believe that when people are well matched there's very little they can't work through. You've gotta be ecstatic but do you at least know what to wear? OooOoOoooh maybe a proposal?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

from your mouth to God's ears girly! Lol! I DonT have my hopes up about that too much though. that'll happen when it's supposed to I guess. we have been together four years now, so maybe, but idk. if I know him, I'm thinking romantic weekend in b&b, hopefully. I know we can't go to far due to this crappy weather here. we just got a footof snow here, and in m ost of our state actually. I'm sure that put a damper on his plans, so I'm hoping hrs got a plan B, so to speak! either way, we don't have the kids, so I'm sure it'll be very romantic, and for a guy, he really has exquisite taste in jewelry! ;-) we send each other a dozen roses every year, and the ones he gets embarrass him so bad, cause I have them sent to the shop where he works in front of all his guy pals, complete with balloons, and giant teddy bear! Lol I think he secretly loves it!
gotta say, life is good right now. so much better than months ago, that's for sure! if someone had told me six months ago I'd be feeling this great and doing this well with my kids, job, and man, I'd have said," yeah right"! thanks for sharing my happiness with me girls ( and guys)! I'll keep y'all posted!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You send him roses and balloons and a giant teddy bear.....to his shop where he works, what is wrong with you?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi LIzzie,

So happy for you.!! It is the little things sometimes that mean so much. Hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

of course I do Romeo! he secretly loves it!... that is after all the guys are done making fun of him for the rest of the day!
thanks everyone for the good wishes! I'll keep y'all posted!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hahahaha but still all jokes aside, when he gets the giant display it's sorta like well okay I got a girlfriend what do you got?? I guess it depends on the group dynamics but I say that kinda thing can work in someone's favor overall

I hear ya. Everyday I wanna go back to like 2 years ago and explain how much better things would get. Because you know it would take a time traveling doppelgänger entity saying it for you to believe it :)

I hope you have a great weekend! I'm glad things are going so well, you've probably earned it so enjoy :) (use condom)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

see, now that's what I was thinking, make all those other old guys jealous. Steve is 55 and I'm 34, so I thought he'd really like it, ya know? most of them got fat old ladies at home watching their stories, lol! oh btw, no rubbers needed. I had a total hysterectomy last year! woo hoo! fun fun fun! just got some gorgeous roses sent to me at work myself,awwwww!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok gals... and guys, as promised. it's a bad news, good news scenario because of our crappy snowy weather here. the roads are in still pretty bad shape so his plans that he finally confessed to me to take me out of town for the weekend have been officially cancelled, but not to fear ladies he totally made it up to me with bling lots of bling! first off a totally gorgeous 14 karat white gold and diamond tennis bracelet that is absolutely to die for! I love it! secondly,a white gold necklace with a blue turquoise plated charm that says I LOVE YOU! BTW blue is my favorite color. a lovely yellow gold and diamond pinky ring, and lastly a pair of diamond stud earrings! me likey! he had a dozen red roses delivered to my job too! all in all very nice surprises, indeed! I'm happy for our trip to wait for nicer weather honestly. we lI've going to the mountains and staying in the beautiful hotel at natural bridge. it's quite lovely, with room service and champagne,&Jacuzzi. it's where we took our very first trip together and we try to go back once a year. but now I have a problem ladies and gentlemen. I thought I'd be able to have his stuff delivered to him as usual today, but since his logging crew is off work due to snow, he won't be working in the shop today, hello be running errands all day and no one will be at the shop. all I've gotten him is a card so far! ahhhh! I'm a terrible gf! so I rushed home and started cookingand baking up a storm! making crab cakes and t bone steaks with garlic mashed potatoes, his favorite southern style turnip greens cooked with ham, and candied carrots. for dessert... besides me... lol... his favorite pie, chocolate meringue? what do y'all think? should or will I be forgiven?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMG Lizzie! You hit the JACKPOT! What's he do, own a Jewelry Store? :lol:

That's some guy you have there girl! And he was taking you out of town too? Holly Cow, what a beautiful day and I'm certain you deserve it too!

I was gonna ask if it was ok if I came over for that amazing dinner, but guess I could wait til another time. :D

Thanks for letting us know Lizzie, and enjoy your day with a great guy!

Karen

P.S. Does he have a single brother? :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

naw, no jewelry store, he's just great at picking out jewelry for moi! he's an only child unfortunately, people ask a lot though, lol! I certainly got me a keeper. sure Karen,I cooked plenty, come on over and have some. I'm a pretty decent cook, Steve's still alive! Lol :-) everything's just about done, so I hope he gets here son. I'm starving! oh well, better go get ready. gonna get all dolled up. Will tell y'all how the evening goes tomorrow, leaving out all the pg13 + stuff, of course! Night all. hope everyone's Valentine's night goes great and got a good feeling that this'll be the year those who dint have a Valentine find the perfect one! mwah!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:33 pm 

Steve is obviously a thoughtful man! And I think he was probably happy with his dinner, yes?

Your trip sounds wonderful! Have a great time when you finally get to go!

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oh my goodness Amy, dinner was fantastic. he loved it, and I'm totally forgiven. he has now eaten half his pie already! the rest of the evening is a bit risque` for open forum, but suffice it to say,a good time was had by all! Lol ;-) now... come on spring! I'm ready for a trip! cabin fever is going to set in if it keeps on snowing! what I've learned though, is that Imuch more enjoyed the time spent together than the actual material gifts, they were nice, but happiness isn't found in material possessions , but in spending time with our l oved ones. he's a workaholic, so having him home was the real treat!