It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:31 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am really going through it. I have been on Suboxone for three years. Last month, my doctor informs me, that she will no longer accept my Medicare ins. to treat me, for Suboxone. But she will "continue" to accept my medicare, as my "primary care doctor?" So this doctor will continue to write scripts for my for my other meds, but not my suboxone?!!! Do I have any options, besides this miserable withdrawal? I don't know about anyone else, but I was a moron, for believing, that Sub's were so easy to kick?! Sadly I've been a drug addict for a long time, and it only gets worse. And I am extremely tormented as the results! Ideally, I would love to be clean, but I know that right now, I am doing everything possible not to be sick! So I'm back stealing from my wife and kids. My house, is literally falling apart, my promises, are only that, just promises. How did I get back to this place?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:45 pm 

What a difficult situation! Have you asked your doctor if you can apply for the Here to Help Program? If your doctor has signed up to be a "Here to Help" provider, you may qualify for receiving one year of suboxone assistance. That would give you time to taper slowly from suboxone. Here's a link to information about the program: http://www.suboxone.com/hcp/here_to_help/Default.aspx

Would your doctor be willing to write you a one month scrip with more sub than you usually get? If you could at least pay for one more scrip, you could taper down to 8 mg/day fairly quickly and have enough sub left over to continue the taper over the next few months. What dose are you on? It sounds like you have tried some tapering already. What did you try?

What exactly are you taking from your wife and kids? Money, sub, other opiates? I hope that you can figure something out so that you don't have to go back to your old life while using!

Amy