It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Greetings everyone! First off I don't use SWIM SWIY and any of that nonsense almost ever, everything I discuss is involving legally prescribed medications and OLD habits that I have no shame of sharing.

I am posting this as an ice breaker and figured the best way to learn the ropes is by jumping in face first ^ ^

I've been struggling with mind altering substances for 10+ years, where the last 6 they have ran every aspect of my life.

I am currently on suboxone and have been on it for 2 years now. Suboxone pills, Films, Subutex and the generics - I have been on them all and can provide personal experiences as to side effects pro/cons etc etc etc.

I hope I'm not out-stepping my boundaries thus far. I just would like to make a strong impression as I feel I could ad a lot to help people with questions, like myself 3 years ago.

I've been through it all and still keep chugging along day after day.

I currently take .8 mg suboxone sub-lingual via the film.

I hope to be accepted in the community as I have many many stories to share that can help people through what for many will be the hardest part of their lives to date.

PS : I've lived in the recovery capital of america for the last 3 years, Worked in multiple half-way houses, IOP, AA, NA, AAA etc etc etc - I"ve done it all

Hope this post wasn't off base or wrong. I want to get being a part of this community :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hi Buper Trooper!! Welcome to the family! You are not off base/wrong, or any of that!
That's what this forum is all about. Sharing our experiences and knowledge with one another.
helping the newcomer, supporting each other when we fall down and need help
getting back up, and much more! We are happy to have any and all new members that
are wanting that, or even just to sit back and read. I hope to get to know more about you
and you're experiences. Thank you for sharing a little about yourself! If you'd like, you can post
your story in the "my addiction story" section. Totally up to you. You sound like you have a lot
to offer the community, and I just wanted to say WELCOME!!
If you have any questions, just post and someone will answer! Take Care~Kelly[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:05 am 

It's always great to add another member with a lot of experience! I'm sure you've seen a lot, and know a lot more. I had to look up SWIM and SWIY to know what you meant, which means we don't have a lot of that here. People here are pretty straight forward; we are addicts and we know it.

So WELCOME!! I hope you stick around and share lots of your experiences! BTW, which city is the recovery capital of America? I've never heard of that!

Amy