It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Im not trying to pick a fight but it really really pisses me off when someones first post is like that guys, a big novel about how sub ruined his life and career. How about an introduction post first before you come on here and spew your nonsense, when your very first post is nothing but BS about bashing sub no one is going to believe you are anything but a troll.

And even if sub did the things that you claimed (it doesn't) sub wouldnt of ruined your career buddy, YOU ruined it by picking up opiates and then when you couldn't just "up and quit and suffer for a little while" or whatever you said you went to a sub Dr. so he could give you a med to stop the pain and suffering. I can guarantee you that even if the Dr. looked you right in the eye and told you right then and there before giving you sub that it has side effects and can be very difficult to stop after several years that you would of still taken it to get relief.

Buprenorphine did not climb up through your window one night while you were sleeping and pry your mouth open and jump under your tongue, you knowingly took it and in todays world with google and any information you want only a click away there is no excuse for taking a medication like this without doing some basic research first. Again Im not trying to be harsh but reading the type of shit you wrote can be detrimental to a suffering opiate addict who is on the fence about subs and what if they want to get help and then read one to many bullshit posts like yours and boom they are to afraid to even try buprernorphine and they either keep using or worse end up overdosing down the line. This site is for intelligent discussion on buprenorphine treatment which yes means there will be debates and differing opinions but when you trot out the "buprenorphine ruined my career and life" line then you are entering troll/idiot territory. Opiate addiction might of ruined your life but bupe sure as hell didn't.

I love how people act like all the prior damage they did with opiates before bupe is somehow negated just because they took subs for awhile and then when they stop blame it all on the sub. Even if you quit opiates without ever touching a sub you would experience all the depression/anxiety and all that wonderful stuff from your original addiction. Subs aren't perfect but they sure as hell haven't ruined any ones lives and they sure have helped a lot of addicts. Before sub the thought of an opiate that I could take at the same dose everyday that kills my cravings, doesn't leave me an incapacitated nodding mess, and that I can take as prescribed and actually have EXTRAS at the end of the month instead of running out weeks early was like a fairy tale to me that didn't exist.

I owe my life to sub I really believe that, it was only a matter of time for me towards the end of my using where the opiate high wasn't enough anymore because of tolerance and I started mixing opiates/benzos/alcohol together just to numb myself out and I didn't care if I never woke up. Its pretty amazing to go from that to stable at the drop of a hat just from putting a tablet under my tongue so thats why I get heated when I see someone talking about it ruined their lives while accepting no responsibility for their actions that got them to this point in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I thought about responding to this post earlier when I first read it, but decided to wait a little while until I knew exactly what I wanted to say, and could do so tactfully. I'm glad that I didn't now because I couldn't have said it any better than Buprecision just did. thank you.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey joto815, I'm familiar with your story because I felt pretty much the same way after I got off Suboxone. You jumped from a high dose of Suboxone, as did I, and the wd is a bitch when you do that.

I clearly remember thinking I had completely and permanently buggered my brain up, too. I was PISSED at Suboxone and the wd I was going through. I was 4 months into my wd when I happened on this site and like you, I wanted to tell everyone how shitty Suboxone was, BUT instead of posting first and reading others threads later, I read a bunch of posts first and came to the realization that while I was fighting an m'fer case of wd, I was clean. First time in my adult life that I was clean.

I had tried and tried to quit pain pills. I could never manage more than a few days. Suboxone allowed me to quit pain pills and eventually quit the Suboxone, too. Because I jumped from a high dose, did my wd suck big fat stinky ass....yep, but I was clean.

I had a lot of the symptoms you mention, but instead of being a baby and blaming everything on Suboxone, I realized I was the one to blame. I decided to quit bitching about wd and trust that I would get better, even though it did seem to take forever. Day in and day out, I put one foot in front of the other, I pushed on, I decided wd was NOT going to beat me. It took a long time, but I eventually recovered.

So, what are you going to do? Are you going to sit on your pity pot and blame your shit life on Suboxone or are you going to do something with your life?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:50 pm 

The posts on this page hit every aspect of why I love this forum. I love the different perspectives and I love when I feel like shouting, "AMEN, brothers and sisters!" Romeo, you always make me think and I appreciate that very much. Lizzie, I always appreciate your support! And Bupe, I love when I can really get behind you and agree with what you say. No matter if haters (even temporary ones) come on here and spew, I always know that there is still plenty of support. Thanks for that, guys!

Amy

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hah thanks no problem, I just hope the image people have of me isn't some raving lunatic pounding on his keyboard with steam coming out of his ears haha because sometimes I can take it a little bit too far and then regret it later. I'm really not a bad guy it just seems my mood swings from one extreme to the next with no in between and I can go overboard when venting on here. Oh and when I finally decide to take the plunge and am withdrawaling from sub and I come on here when Im feeling like crap and moan and complain and blame sub and contradict everything I just jumped down the OP's throat for anyone feel free to bring this thread up to me haha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Lets make sure that we're supporting each other GENTLY. And no gang bangs, i.e. several people bullying up on someone else. People on this thread are in different stages and we can all learn something from each other no matter what. Leave everyone to have their own feelings and lets be supportive. That is what this forum is for. Its not to make fun, ridicule, or belittle. People need our encouragement, not our bashing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:26 pm 

Thank You Debbie for a post well said. Most of us agree with your view.