It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I cannot think of a single circumstance under which ANY qualified physician would agree that it's not abuse to be snorting suboxone.

I'm convinced that if you asked 100 doctors about this every single one of them would qualify it as abuse.

Now, where I come from, if one person says "You're a horse!" you can take it with a grain of salt. If two people say "You're a horse!' you may want to give it some thought. When three or more people say "You're a horse!" well, it's time to buy a saddle.

Giddy up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just a question, but in your original post, you say you get an opiate high when you snort, just not as powerful as Oxy's, but in a response, you say you don't snort Suboxone to get high. Isn't that an oxymoron?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quote:
Just a question, but in your original post, you say you get an opiate high when you snort, just not as powerful as Oxy's, but in a response, you say you don't snort Suboxone to get high. Isn't that an oxymoron?

True that. After reading over this thread I've detected a fair amount of denial & rationalisation - ie bullshit reasoning behind the need to snort suboxone. But I won't judge because I've been there before myself, and I think we all have before we found ourselves on the eventual path to recovery.

It's interesting. I'm grateful to no longer be in that world of self-deception (at least, nowhere near as much as I once was). That being said, it might be better to take such questions to a place like Bluelight? There's also a forum on this site dedicated to those who aren't quite ready for recovery, no?

T.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I really cant even believe that this stuff is being discussed on this forum :shock: .....
If i had anything to do with it, I would BAN anyone even discussing this kind of stuff.
I dont care what anyone says, it IS drug abuse to snort perscription drugs.
Its people like this that give Suboxone a bad name :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:49 pm 
Good thing you dont have any power to ban people then because what you said is BS. Its Reckitt and Benckisers fault that people have to resort to snorting suboxone because they are money grubbing pieces of shit and make it so people cant afford enough of the medication to be on the correct dosage. I used to snort my suboxone for the same reason as dr paul, it increases the bio availability to double that of sublingual and when you are paying out of pocket and cant even afford a dose that keeps you above the ceiling (like me) you will have no problem snorting it to avoid getting sick. I dont snort anymore but to this day i still feel sublingual sucks, I feel half well everyday instead of feeling maintained. I will also say the new film sucks so much and no its not because it cant be snorted I quit snorting before the film it sucks because you have to be so delicate with it and if you accidentaly drop it in the wrong place under your tongue and it touches your teeth well there goes your dose for the day and you lost 8$. You also have to keep wiping your hands constantly before you touch the film cuz if you get even the tiniest bit of sweat on it oops another ruined dose. Oh and the whole thing about it being easier to cut into equal pieces for lower dosing is HARDER than then pills. Gotta be all worried your hands are to moist will holding it so you rush to cut it so you dont hold it to long and end up with un even pieces, plus there is nothing on it to judge where the middle is like the cross on the tablets. The tablets are better in every conceivable way and I will be switching back to them in march when the coupon expires. Ive even contemplated going back to the tablets even though Id have to pay 120$ a month vs 28.99$ with the discount card since the film sucks so much. I will say the tho the best method with the films is the place the film ON TOP of the very tip of your tongue to keep it out of the saliva and when it gets soft do the method doctor junig suggests and carefully rub it all around your cheeks for increased surface area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:47 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Cheer Up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hmm...there are some contradictions I see, but basically its this, suboxone makes me feel the same sublingual or nasal but with nasal u need a lower dose. U don't need as much. Its very simple. Now to the ppl who think they are "further along in recovery"...its an opiate and putting it under tounge or putting it into THE SAME mucousal membrane in ur nose, ur still using opiates. Not abusing them but its because the way it works in you u don't need to keep using higher doses to feel it...its feels the same. Like ppl pretend suboxone doesn't make them feel good?? Come on ppl let's be honest, its not as intense as oxy but it gives you a steady feel good feeling all day. That's what I need tho, and maybe that's what opiate addicts are missing. Like some ppl can go about there day happy, I can't , never have. Maybe we are born with lower levels of natural endorphins or whatever and this is like replacement therapy...I don't know...I just am an extremely honest person and I thijk ppl who say that oh I'm sober because I put MY opiate under my tongue, and if u use a LOT less n put it in ur nose then ur in active addiction. I don't get a RUSH from sniffin it...I. am able to use less....A LOT A LOT A LOT less. And I haven't increased my dose in over a year...how is that abusing it?? To use a half a mg two to three times a day...as opposed to 16mg?? I don't care iif u stick it under ur tongue ur guna feel it A LOT MORE if u take hat much. So don't judge, I'm economical and I've found a way to be able to live my life like a normal person without the problems of active opiate addiction, I don't care what ppl constitute as ABUSE...I can't afford to use 16mg a day, I can only afford one or one n half and I can only do that by using the tissue in my nose to absorb it not my mouth...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

1 or 1.5mg.....not pills....I break off a tiny tiny crumb twice a day. If I'm working twelves I do it three times a day. So two pills under tongue.....or break off some dust in the nose....I don't need that much suboxone I only need a dusting....I feel bad for all you "sober" ppl when time to detox comes....yikes! Lol you know what its guna be like coming off of 16mg of suboxone....worse than heroin bigtime. And its guna take forever....ur taper will take a year and by the time u get to the amount I take daily ur still guna get sick coming offf that amount....believe me I know. There is NOOOOO way around it....suboxone detox is hell. But for all the ppl who are taking it as prescribed...good job, but ur still in the grips of hell in the form of opiate DEPENDENCE. And ppl are so closed minded...if someone can please tell me why letting a drug pass thru the tissue in ur nose is ANY different than letting it pass thru ur mouth....ill look into it. Are ppl any better if they rub cocaine under their tongue rather than sniffing it??? U think they tell the cop HEY MAN I WASN'T SNIFFING IT I WAS PUTTING IT UNDER MY TONGUE!! Oh well that's a different story....NOOOOOO its not a difference...ppl are soooo close minded u think cuz I'm sniffing it I'm abusing it. No I am not, its a way to use less. Call it rationalizing call it whatever, I just wanted to know if anyone had experiences with it..its funny how ppl who get on subs get all self righteous and think they are "clean and sober" cuz that's what the pharmacuetical companies say...they could come out with an exact replica of oxycontin and call it sobercontin and market it just right and have ppl running around on 160mg a day like I'm clean and sober and I'm farther in my recovery because I eat my sobercontins I don't sniff them! Come on guys wake up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

And don't make assumptions about my recovery...I go to aa meetings at least three times a week, I work fulltime job as a registered nurse, I don't smoke weed, I take no ther drugs, I don't drink, I go to church every Sunday and weekly confession, I'm very spiritual and pray everyday, I volunteer for underpriveledged kids and make deliveries of food and toys and clothes, so now take all these things into consideration when giving ur thoughts...I don't need to hear all the negatives that don't apply to me....pretend I'm just like all you self righteous taking my suboxone as prescribed ppl, like talking to me like I haven't been clean for going on two years this summer and gotten my life and education together in the mean time. I sniff tiny amounts of suboxone it works. It worked a miracle for me. I am somewhat of a practical rule bender and if there aren't any over bearing negative consequences and many postives than I am practical. The doctor says nasal use is abuse....ok well in reality the way it works in ur body is exactly the same....I use way less, I save a ton of money, I don't have as long a taper, I don't have 16mg of suboxone in my system, I am able to live like a normal person, I'm happy,.....? I dunno ....it works FOR ME. I duno maybe some ppl will sniff it and go off to the races....to me its just a different way to take the medicine in a more practical way. I'm not seeking a high by doing it it doesn't evenmak ke sense....I use less than a quarter of a pill a day everyday for over a year....? Come on now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quote:
Like ppl pretend suboxone doesn't make them feel good?? Come on ppl let's be honest, its not as intense as oxy but it gives you a steady feel good feeling all day.

I'm sorry, but Suboxone does not give me a "steady good feeling". Not after I take it, not all day. Not at all. There is a reason why perhaps you can "feel" your dose. You are below the ceiling. At such low doses, sub acts like a full agonist. The opiate receptors are not saturated, therefore you can "feel" it.

I also want to ask you to refrain from calling members "self-righteous" or making any other such character judgments. Address your comments at what they say (which for the most part you did), but not at them personally. You obviously are free to snort your sub all you want, but please don't try to make people feel crappy for taking a "normal" dose, be it 4 mg or 16 mg. Coming off suboxone is not worse than heroin, not even at high doses. Although most people will taper down, some do go off it cold turkey and they have continually attested that it's NOT as bad as full agonists (or heroin). I think you are upset, maybe even angry, that some people here have challenged your route of administration. As a result, you are making personal characterizations and unsubstantiated claims about sub withdrawal. Please take care to avoid such in future posts.

Good luck on your continued recovery/remission.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:57 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I snort my sub daily too because A) it is more effective in this route of administration, thus you can make your script for an expensive medicine last longer. B) I like to snort things.

There are plenty of ways to take a medicine, orally, sublingually, IV, smoking, IM, snorting, plugging. There is no ROA that is superior to the others, a person's choice to take the medicine a certain way is his choice and nobody has the right to tell them that there way is inappropriate. What is the difference if you swallow a pill, take an injection, snort a pill, stick it up your ass, or put it under your tongue? It works EVERY SINGLE WAY!

That was my first post here, I joined this forum because I thought it looked helpful and informative. I really hope that the attitude around here does not look down on people who snort there subs, or choose alternate routes of administration - especially to help a longer medicine last.

Subs have turned my life around, I lost my best friend to an overdose and failed out of college. Went to rehab and relaped again and again. I am 20 years old and turning 21 soon, and I get good grades, and back in school, and I am a better person today.

It is 6:58 am here and i'm up early for an 8:30am class. The old me would of said Eff that shit...i'm getting high and chillin. Not anymore, i'm snorting my sub and getting shit done.

I hope everyone has a great day, and to the OP - I have been snorting opiates since i was 16, so for the better part of about 5 years. I have no problems with my nose. I believe from personal experience that opiates are very gentle on the nose. I think google told me he wants to be your friend...he is a very very wise man :)

PS - Sorry for the long post :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:06 am 
New Poster
New Poster

tearj3rker wrote:

I think I'd better pre-warn you, but this post may sound blunt. Some may call it "tough love", but considering I don't even know you, just consider it some "tough" advice.

I'd just like to say that snorting ANY drug is abusing a drug. As far as I know, in this day and age, there are NO drugs prescribed to be taken up the nose. With pharmacotherapies such as buprenorphine & methadone, even when taken with the proper method of ingestion (orally / sublingually), a person needs to be very wary of old addictive mindsets and behaviour kicking in.

T.

Okay, there are plenty of drugs that go up the nose. THink of nasal sprays, and i'm positive there are plenty of prescriptions that are nasal sprays. I also recal reading a study on buprenorphine that suggested that a nasal spray would be a more efficient method of delivery for the medicine due to the higher bioavailability. Before you go making claims do your research. Go to google, and type in Instanyl - pretty cool right? I wish I could get some of that shit lol, kidding...but not really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The point, I think, that many people have tried to make isn't that there aren't legitimate medications that use intranasal as the route of administration. It is, instead, that one of the signs of active addiction is taking a medication in a way other than what it is intended. Please note that I said "ONE" of the signs. This doesn't mean anyone is saying that you're still in active addiction.

It's not that no one will support you in your bupe treatment - because we absolutely will. It's just that many/most of the people believe in telling the truth and being very honest. And sometimes that truth isn't what people want to hear.

I hope this explains things a bit better. I'm confident that you will find the support that you're looking for here - I know I have and this forum has been a big part of my recovery.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok first of all its not good to snort anything up you nose and prolonged use of any course substance will start to eat away at the tissues in your nasal cavity. Second if your body is giving you a bad felling every time you do it that way then you might want to start listening to those feelings. Our bodies can tell us several things as long as we listen. This is an example from my personal experience when I was in my active addiction I was taking about 7 tabs at a time and at that point I started throwing up every time I would see them. I took that sign from my body as a warning that I was taking to much and needed to stop. So as you can see our bodies try to tell us in many different ways that we are hurting our selves. Third the reason you feel like it helps you more and also why your so defensive of the way you administer the drug and the amount is because you are addicted. I am not talking about the drug it self, you are addicted to the actions of crushing the pill, getting it in to a line and then snorting it up your nose. You are also addicted to the burn that occurs when the drug hits the vein at the back of the nose. I am telling you that even though the drug you are using is to help you to recover, the way that you are using it is not going to allow you to ever fully recover. In my mind you might as well be snorting a oxy.
Dr.Paul I advise you with true concern take a good look at yourself and ask yourself am I a drug addict because I think if you are truly honest with your self that answer will be yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

dr paul wrote:
1 or 1.5mg.....not pills....I break off a tiny tiny crumb twice a day. If I'm working twelves I do it three times a day. So two pills under tongue.....or break off some dust in the nose....I don't need that much suboxone I only need a dusting....I feel bad for all you "sober" ppl when time to detox comes....yikes! Lol you know what its guna be like coming off of 16mg of suboxone....worse than heroin bigtime. And its guna take forever....ur taper will take a year and by the time u get to the amount I take daily ur still guna get sick coming offf that amount....believe me I know. There is NOOOOO way around it....suboxone detox is hell. But for all the ppl who are taking it as prescribed...good job, but ur still in the grips of hell in the form of opiate DEPENDENCE. And ppl are so closed minded...if someone can please tell me why letting a drug pass thru the tissue in ur nose is ANY different than letting it pass thru ur mouth....ill look into it. Are ppl any better if they rub cocaine under their tongue rather than sniffing it??? U think they tell the cop HEY MAN I WASN'T SNIFFING IT I WAS PUTTING IT UNDER MY TONGUE!! Oh well that's a different story....NOOOOOO its not a difference...ppl are soooo close minded u think cuz I'm sniffing it I'm abusing it. No I am not, its a way to use less. Call it rationalizing call it whatever, I just wanted to know if anyone had experiences with it..its funny how ppl who get on subs get all self righteous and think they are "clean and sober" cuz that's what the pharmacuetical companies say...they could come out with an exact replica of oxycontin and call it sobercontin and market it just right and have ppl running around on 160mg a day like I'm clean and sober and I'm farther in my recovery because I eat my sobercontins I don't sniff them! Come on guys wake up!

I started on 16mg a day and was able to quit completely within 4 months.

Post subject: Nonkaclen !!!!!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:40 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Are you telling us you did this with your nose? Please be honest, success is success... WOW, you should be soooo proud of yourserlf, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:46 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Please tell us more about how you did this, though taking Suboxone up the nose is NOT preferred dosing method, it is somewhat popular, somewhere around here is a post where someone even chopped up a film and snorted it, I dont know if that will even work, Mike- still stuck at .75mg Suboxone per day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

In my opinion snorting it is stupid. I was told that it would burn like hell and you would absorb more of the naloxone part. That aside, it is addict behavior. You don't get sober approaching recovery like an addict. Sobriety is not achieved by taking sub or any other drug. Sobriety is a way of living your life.

I suggest you consider giving sobriety a chance. Get involved in a good AA or NA group. You demonstrate in what you write that you have not surrendered to your addiction. You are not using your drug of choice because you ran out of money. You have to surrender to free. Good luck to you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:22 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been sniffing suboxone for 3 years now. It is much stronger, not just a little, when you sniff them. It's about twice as strong. I started taking subs normally and I'd do 4mg twice a day. Once I started sniffing them, Id only use 2mg twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. I ended up stopping my morning sniff and switched it back to normal use in the morning with just a quarter (same amount I was sniffing). I had W/D for about two weeks just from switching my morning dose. My head felt horrible. I felt super dizzy and like my head was spinning. It was one of the worst sinus colds I ever had. I ended up going to the ER and they told me I had vertigo and gave me the Presidone kit which helped a lot with feeling dizzy. I still sniff but only at night and it's only 1mg now (half of a quarter) and I take 2mg normally with the sniffing. So I'm actually taking 1mg more than I was but I'm slowly stopping myself from sniffing them. At first, I thought sniffing them was great. Your supply will last twice as long and you actually get a nice head buzz from doing it, but in the long run it will mess with your head and cause problems. My left nostril hole is bigger than my right side. I think the middle part of my nose is starting to collapse and lean towards the right. Lately I've been getting Zubsolv and I've been sniffing 1mg of that every night now for a few weeks but I'm planning on stopping that sniff dose soon as well. If you try to stop sniffing, make sure you take maybe a 50-100% more than what you sniff if you don't want to have W/D.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I know your question/post was added years ago, I'm a newbie! My husband was an addict for years, I mean years!! He snorted almost everything, he went to a suboxone doctor maybe two years ago (if not longer) and they told him that one nostril was in bad shape, one side is "softer" than the other. They told him that if he continued snorting pills that his right nostril would collapse. Very scary thought!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next