It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Long term HELP
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This is my 2nd time on suboxone. The first time i used it for 14days and stayed sober for 3years. This time, I've been on for 9months. I take 12mg a day. My Dr. Has mentioned tapering off. I dont want to. My life is absolutely perfect right now. Everything is 360 degrees from where I was. How do I find a Dr. Who vbelieves in longo term usage? Please advise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi big70tom,

First I'd like to say I think it's great that you're doing so well this time around. Good on you! I agree that even if your doctor wants you to start to taper off, if you don't feel you are ready it's probably not the right time for you.

The only thing I can suggest is for you to start looking into other suboxone doctors in your area. There are 4 sub doctor locators online that I'm aware of. There is a link for one at the top left of this website (suboxone-directory.com). The other three are: NAABT.org, samhsa.gov, and suboxone.com. They all list different doctors, although there may be some duplicates among the sites. If you can get any information over the phone or maybe even speak to the doctor, you can find out if s/he believes in long-term sub maintenance. You might end up having to do an in-person consultation - I have no idea. But I wouldn't quit your current doctor yet. Give yourself plenty of time to find a new doctor first. But this is just my opinion.

Good luck to you and again, congratulations on doing so well! Let us know how your search goes.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.