It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:13 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello, my name is Mike from John's Shop Rite Pharmacy in Long Beach CA. It was a suggestion from a few of our patients to join this forum and introduce myself.

I want to open this up to any questions you may have for the other side of the counter. I want to make it clear I am not here to offer consultations, but rather any general Buprenophine related questions.

Also, for the locals, if you don't already use our pharmacy please feel free to contact me via this forum to discuss how we can possibly help you out.

Mike

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:29 am 

That's great Mike, welcome!

There are several times ppl have questions about pharmacies and that side of things.

We have Dr Junig, who's the founder of the forum, and we also have another doctor who comes in from time to time docm2. It would be great to have someone familiar with pharmacies around too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sweet, Welcome Mike
I'll kick off with a question that has been kicked around here for awhile.
Can a pharmacy give a person a 3 day extension of a prescription in an emergency?
If so is there a link or document patients can take to their pharmacy if their pharmacist refuses?
thanks

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:37 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

jennjenn wrote:
That's great Mike, welcome!

There are several times ppl have questions about pharmacies and that side of things.

We have Dr Junig, who's the founder of the forum, and we also have another doctor who comes in from time to time docm2. It would be great to have someone familiar with pharmacies around too.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

docm2 wrote:
Sweet, Welcome Mike
I'll kick off with a question that has been kicked around here for awhile.
Can a pharmacy give a person a 3 day extension of a prescription in an emergency?
If so is there a link or document patients can take to their pharmacy if their pharmacist refuses?
thanks

I can only refer to how we handle this scenario. We have a close relationship with all the prescribing doctors in our area and build that relation as the doctor network grows. We reach out to these doctors and setup a "standing ok" to refill the patients medications until we can reach the doctor. Prefect example being this 4th of July holiday weekend. A lot of doctors will be out of the office this Monday and following Tuesday. That being said, if someone comes into our pharmacy and we cannot get a hold of the Doc we will give the patient enough medication to hold me off until Wednesday when we will be able to get a hold of them. Listen the last thing we the pharmacy or your doctor want is to make you go through withdrawals or worst relapse. So that being said it is up to the pharmacy on how they are setup to handle an emergency scenario, the pharmacy is NOT obligated to refill your prescription.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Mike,

Some folks are short of cash. How do you feel about partial bup product fills w in the same fill month? Some folks report the next partial w in the same month, can't be filled until the prior partial fill would be used up. Why would that be - if they had enough money for full purchase, they would have obtained the full 30 days in advance anyway.

Do folks know to use the coupons or goodrx? Or others? Are these hard to process?

Does CA still allow generic buprenorphine for any customer or does it have restricted use?

Given the opioid epidemic increase, are you seeing an increase in bup scripts? both lowering and raising age of bup customer?

We're staring to see more folks here on zubsolv and a very few on bunavail. Most are on Sub and some generic bup/nx. What do you see?

Do you get bup scripts for pain not addiction? either belbuca, butrans or suboxone/zubzolv/bunavail/generic buprenorphine? Thoughts on bup for pain?

Thanks much for coming here. Helpful. Pel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:42 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Pelican wrote:
Hey Mike,

Some folks are short of cash. How do you feel about partial bup product fills w in the same fill month? Some folks report the next partial w in the same month, can't be filled until the prior partial fill would be used up. Why would that be - if they had enough money for full purchase, they would have obtained the full 30 days in advance anyway.

Do folks know to use the coupons or goodrx? Or others? Are these hard to process?

Does CA still allow generic buprenorphine for any customer or does it have restricted use?

Given the opioid epidemic increase, are you seeing an increase in bup scripts? both lowering and raising age of bup customer?

We're staring to see more folks here on zubsolv and a very few on bunavail. Most are on Sub and some generic bup/nx. What do you see?

Do you get bup scripts for pain not addiction? either belbuca, butrans or suboxone/zubzolv/bunavail/generic buprenorphine? Thoughts on bup for pain?

Thanks much for coming here. Helpful. Pel

We do allow cash pts to get medications as cash comes, due to the high cost.

Our cash prices are always lower than any other coupon out there, but we do incorporate coupons to drive down prices even more.

Buprenorphine has no restrictions in CA that I am aware of, it of course needs to come from an authorized doctor with an XDEA.

Opiods affect all age groups, but I tend to see 70 to 30 younger to older.

Zubsolv hasn't gained much traction, we tend to see new pts prescribe it not existing.

I have a handful of pts that use it for pain, but rarely is it the first option.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:47 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

there are other posts here about national chain pharmacies refusing to fill sub scripts?
why don't they want bothered with them? they'll sure as hell fill scripts for the pain pills that cause the addiction.
CVS's home page was plastered about "what you can do to fight the opiod crisis" what a joke. the CVS in the town where my clinic is located refuses to fill any sub scripts. same with the Rite Aid.