It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:59 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey Guys this is my first post. As I've read several posts this past week cause I decided to get off this very helpful yet super evil drug. I'm a 38 y/o male. Grew up in Texas and recently moved to Sunny California.
I was an addict of hydros for about 15 yrs. I had to take 10 10mg Norco just to get out of bed to go to work. Then would take 10-20 more through the day to get that same first buzz which anyone who knows never comes. You just keep taking them till there gone. After thousands of dollars, I met the most wonderfull woman in the world. For the next 3 yrs after meeting her I was still using. Then I heard of this drug...Suboxone..I thought it's time and I don't want to lose my wife and 2 boys,by this time. The drug worked wonders. I started with 24mgs a day. I was taking that for about a year and a half till I moved to California. I found a Dr here that prescribed it and went to see him. He first told me that that MG was way too much and should never have been given that much. He lowered me to 4 mg. I was sure the withdrawals were going to suck with that far a jump, but to my suprise it wasn't bad at all. So I took 4mg for about 6 month to taper down then he said time to go to 2mg. Fearing that too, it wasn't any change in the way i felt. 4 months of that I Desided when these run out I'm DONE!

So as I saw the pill bottle get less and less in there I started to to get uneasy.
Last Saturday was my last dose. The first 2 days felt like I was just exhausted. The night of day 3 was the nightmare I was fearing. I know everyone has there own worst things about withdrawal but the arms and legs twitching and I couldn't do anything about it. I was in agony. I ate as many bananas as I could keep down to help. By day 4 I called my Dr to tell him what I was doing and he was out of the office till Friday. So I curled in a ball and took it like a champ. I have to say you DO need support and don't try to stop from a high MG taper down if you can. My wife has been my rock and helped me through this with out her I would have gone and got some more. There IS light at the end of the tunnel. I walked out of it this morning. My wife slept in I woke my two boys up and sat with them and I don't know if everybody else has crazy emotions, I cried watching The Walking Dead, had a whole week of no sleep to watch from season 1 through 4.I made my wife breakfast in bed and told her how much I appreciate how much she loves me. To all those out there reading this stay strong and when your ready you will make the decision. But be strong and try not to relapse cause the end is in site. Today is day 7 and I feel great. Stay strong my new friends and if anyone has any questions for me please ask. I want to help anyone I can. If you live in the North San Diego County maybe we can meet and talk about it. God Speed!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:36 pm 

Oh you poor man! I very much wish you had read about tapering on this forum before deciding to jump off! For some, however, jumping off is the only way to do it.

Don't be surprised if you take a step back in how you're feeling. It's very common to feel good one day and worse the next and then better again.

Welcome, and good luck!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:02 pm 

Welcome CaliMike! I do hope that you are through the worst and it was just that easy for you! You will be the exception if you don't get the depression and anxiety that most experience. Please, hang around and let us know how you are doing! I will be praying that you are through the worst!