It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Living For me
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone, my name is Ria and im 27 yrs old and from Boston, Ma. I am a recovering addict and have just celebrated my 4th year sober this past November! I am a Substance Abuse Counselor as well..Im not going to tell my battle stories or go into great detail about my personal experiences, but whomever is reading this and feels they cant go on or feels like they're always going to be an addict or alcoholic, I felt the same way. 16 detoxs, 1 halfway house, 1 section 35, kidnapping, ransom, grand larceny, and probation...after everything that has happened to me, you would think it scared me straight. You cannot scare an addict! You have to WANT this!...your kids, parents, boyfriend/girlfriend, wife, husband or your dog cannot make you stop. You have to want it on your own. Everyone has a different rock bottom, a different path to take...my path led me to help other addicts like myself...I felt that if I thought I was a lost cause, then it must be true. Counselors told me...some of the people who I thought were my friends told me...its a hard, long road and thats the truth. ..is it worth it? Every damn day its worth it...your worth it...im worth it! Its great to have a place where we can have a voice, other then in a meeting or sitting in front of your doctor, nurse or counselor...I'm listening! And I hope you are too! Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday, and for those who are still suffering, im hear to lend an ear:-)

Post subject: Re: Living For me
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum. Absolutely love this! Your post really resonates with me, so thank you for sharing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I agree with you. And I've been an addict and I really want to be clean that's why I did it on my own.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Ria and welcome to our forum.

this is such a great place to communicate and support other addicts. Welcome!