It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: LIVER issues
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Don't know how to start this out, but will just say I have HEP C, which as we all know that means, i have Liver problems, Never took care of myself throughout my addiction, When i 1st got inducted the Dr. asked me what was my DOC and how many, I told him Vicodin and took about 13-15 a day of 750 mgs, and he look at me and oh Get her a Liver test Now to MUCH Tylenol, So last week went in and did the Blood work for the Liver and will get the results back Mond, on my appt. Which by then will be out of my SUB.'s Ok been on Subs for 3 weeks, and my Right side in the middle of my back seems to be killing me with pain. Not for sure if it my Liver (pretty sure though, cuz i have this pain before and it was the liver.)

Scare to tell or ask my Dr. as afraid he will take me off SUBS. as i would just rather deal with the pain of liver than deal with the WD. Anybody else having problems with their LIVER and Dr. still keeps them on SUB???????
Please help as i don't know what i will do, if he takes me off SUB. . HELP HELP
Sorry about the writing, in a Hurry and wanted to post before i go to work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Jlf, does your sub doctor know about your Hep C? It's important for him to have that information so he can order more frequent lab tests or whatever he feels is necessary. Both drugs are metabolized via the liver, so it is pertinent.

I got this from a patient information site on suboxone; it says to seek immediate medical help or contact your physician if you develop:
"liver problems such as yellowing of the skin or eyes, dark colored urine, light colored stools (bowel movements), decreased appetite for several days or longer, nausea, or lower stomach pain." http://www.rxlist.com/suboxone-drug-patient.htm

Take care of yourself, I'm worried about you--you only have one liver!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Do you know for a fact that you have hep C? My doc was positive I had it and turned out I just had a messed up liver because of tylenol and booze...

The test for Hep C is different than the test for hep antibodies or something like that. Anyways, my liver was real bad and he didn't take me off sub. when i stopped drinking the liver eventually got better but if you do have it im not sure, best to be honest