It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Excellent!
I had to re-read your original post to refresh myself on your taper method & to take it slow.
I'm keeping a journal of my taper. I'm at 1mg./day. I did not take anything on Sat. or sunday (yesterday) as i did not have to work. I felt no ill change.
But....since it is day 3 w/no subs, and I have to WORK, I took a 1mg. this morn'. And yes, it is a mind game thing w-your brain telling you you forgot to take it this morning (creatures of habit).
I'm about to bump down to .5 mg on Wed. If I get a 4 day weekend, I'm gonna try to abstain from any subs. until work Monday morn. Also. gonna call my Dr. to see if I can get the 2mg strips for easier cutting & smaller taper increments (I'd rather bump from 1mg. to .75 mg., rather than to .5mg).

REmember, as you (Charley) get farther away from your jump date, to will be apt to post less & less. Please, for all of us here, continue to post updates even if there is nothing bad to report?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations on 16 days, Charley!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jonny62,

I noticed that you said Suboxone was so expensive and it was hard to afford 16mg but 2mg was dooable.

I feel that the expense of Suboxone sometimes leads people to want to jump when they should stay on the medication to keep treating their addiction. I hate the fact that it is so expensive. I am so thankful that they have come out with a generic that will soon be more affordable.

Good job charley on the taper!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: The worst is over
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Glad to hear your taper went smoothly and your withdrawl is minimum, the worst is over, but don't expect to see huge gaps of progress everyday, that's what most of us pray for each night we go to sleep. Try and think of it like this, every week you progress try hard to remember how you felt 7 days prior, and so on and so forth. If you Gaige your progress in this way you will see that in just a few weeks time you are feeling 1000% better than several weeks prior. Remember that your brain takes time to heal and it is important to stay clean no matter how big or little your cravings may be.

As far as your mood, things may feel bland and boring like your going through the motions, finding a hobby even as small as coming on this forum and reading and writing can be a great therapeutical tool for staying busy. The #1 fastest way to get normal functioning in your brain (dopamine levels) is to exercise. You said you went on a short walk today and that's great, try increasing that walk day by day until it becomes 1 mile, then 2 miles, etc.. If you notice that people in the gym or who constantly exercise are almost never depressed. You become more confident with your self image, and your energy levels start to exceed your expectations! Try writing down an excersising plan to follow each day, and stick to it.

Your not a lone, there are millions who have overcome the dullness you are feeling now. One day, one hour, one minute at a time. God bless you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:01 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congrats Charley on your taper and your fight against the withdrawals. I read your earlier posts and really liked your method of changing the times you took your doses. I take my dose at 7am and 2pm everyday. When 2pm nears, my mind starts to remind me it's time to take my second dose. The only time it doesn't, is if I'm really busy at work and focused on something else. The mental games can be tough sometimes, so to challenge those, I'm going to take your advice and change up the times and frequency I take my daily doses. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the updates and I hope you keep feeling better!

Post subject: I think day 32!??
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I think this is day 32.. Again I only know because I was looking at previous post dates.. To some it is very important to track the dates, for me? I'm good today! I know its like 5am here... Lol.. So far so good!! Yes, I still off my subs and not sick.. But, LAZY like I've never been!! I think it's getting worst cuz I've been letting myself sit in veg out mode.. Things are well.. My car broke down, dryer broke, and well, everything seems to be breaking around me! Isn't that always the way? We start feeling strong, after years of fighting to get ourselves back, on the right track, and it all starts to goto shit!! Don't misunderstand, I have absolutely no desire to relapse.. Being high, broke, and emotional is not something I really feel like adding to my plate.. Just more obvious at this time in my life that there really are unexplained energies, the devil, evil.. Which ever u choose to call it, out there trying to pull us back in.. A test of will perhaps!! Anyway, I'm lazy, bigger than I've been in years, and I just found out the other day that I can't hula hoop anymore!! :) I taught my daughter to.. Instructed her.. She got it!! I tried and the hoop dropped like a gum ball in a gum ball machine!! Haha.. Sad but true! So I guess I was healthiest when I was coming off subs!! Next task.. Self motivation!! Carpe (I think that's the name) was so right to tell me to continue walking more and more daily.. I'm a tv junkie for the first time ever!! Ugh.. I guess my long winded question is am I so lazy from stopping subs? I think I got all excited about not being sick and the more I relax the more I need to relax! Why is it so easy to get addicted to drugs and not as easy to get addicted to working out? :) all in all things are good.. Such as life when it comes to hard times right? The love of my life died 4 years ago the 15th of this month and I made it thru another death anniversary! His son was 4 years old just 4 days before.. I'm sure this doesn't help with my motivation either! Time heals all I guess! Good luck to all and luck to me to try and start a health kick!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:13 am 

It's not easy to go through these kinds of anniversaries. I'm sorry you've had to struggle through it. :(

I hear you about how hard it is to get "addicted" to working out!

Some people think that suboxone makes them lack motivation and others think that a lack of sub kills their motivation. Think of it this way. When you were using, you had your high to look forward to. When you were first on sub everything felt new and you may have been excited to get your life back on track. Then you were concentrating on your taper, which is a huge deal! Now that you've past all of these hurdles, maybe boredom has set it in, and with it, a lack of motivation. I think these factors may have caused you to start feeling apathetic and feel that you have nothing to look forward.

Things will getter better though!

Amy