It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I posted the other day and I was wrong on some things. I'm wrong to have thought that I'm over the hump, 101 days isn't that long. Thank you for the ones saying it's an accomplishment, which it is, but so is winning a game of ski ball at Dave & Busters. It was probably wrong of me to suggest marijuana. I don't think I'll rock that boat anytime soon.

I've went through withdrawals twice with subs:

Here's what I learned, the first time was soooo hard because I abruptly quit at 12 mgs, and because of that when I would sweat there would be this strange smell that didn't smell human, it smelled like a rancid chemical, my senses were extremely sensitive; I would be uncharacteristically nervous in public even after a few months. I NEVER and I mean NEVER had energy. I went through BAD PAWS...the PAWS of a ninja kat!! Yeah, not just any kat! And it was the PAWS that got me...I got back on pain killers 60 something days later. BAD MOVE!!!

The second time I went through it I weened off for 28 days later, I got that number from the movie, not rehab. :) But this time I prepared. First off, I went from 16 mgs or more a day to 4 mgs a day for a week, and the two weeks of 2 mg and one week of 1 mg...it was HARDER to ween off than it was actually quitting because a big part of me was itchin sooooooo bad for more subs when i actually had them in my possession. But, I managed and when I ran out and started withdrawals I didn't have the nasty chemical sweat, my energy and personality have been back for awhile, the only symptoms i still feel after 101 days are the double sneezies, i get cold chills in the morning, warm showers are lovely though and my long-term concentration blows; and my sleep is off. i do use mj 4 sleep. BUT, I take a lot of really potent biotin and that kills my anxiety and tons of other health supplements including the bee products. I used to really look down on natural herbs. I found they really are great if you do your research instead of going to wal-mart and buying the green bottled generic wee snaws, lol! Let me get back on track here...you see!!!! Bad concentration!!! Even in the midst of me telling you my concentration is bad, it still happens.

Here's what I learned by going through suboxone withdrawal hell. You have a much better chance of MINIMIZING symptoms if you ween yourself off somewhat. DO NOT try quitting at 8 plus mgs, don't do that to yourself. You'll have deep spine chills every time you hit 74 or below for 3 months.

A lot of people have support systems, and that works. I have the exact opposite. It seems to fuel me more. I'm the rare person that wants to prove everyone wrong. I can hear my dad saying right now, "your symptoms are just all in your head" RIIIIIIGHT!!! Sneezing 2 and 3 times in a row, all in my head, waking extremely cold even though im wrapped up in a comforter...all in my head?! Come on now...if anything, my head is the only reason I'm sober.

You MUST and I stress this MORE THAN ANYTHING, you MUST mentally prepare yourself for discomfort and potential cravings. You gotta punt those cravings outta the stadium the second they start creeping. Keep saying No, if you have to say no for 5 hours do it! I had a BIG craving in February and as I said, I have no support system, I was in my condo by myself, and I was ACTUALLY about to go out and get a few. I was counting my money and I said to myself, after all you put yourself through, your gonna throw it all away for what? A quick fix high? Your no better than anyone else. Just another addict craving a drug, so after berating myself for awhile, I went running and took bee pollen and royal jelly...seperately, and after getting home and taking a hot shower, there was no craving, I felt like I got off the ship right before it sank. I have not even came close to a craving since then. And if I feel it creeping, I know how to handle it. Life is much better when we don't burden ourselves!!!! My body functions as it should now. There is something cool about getting past 90 days. It's like you break through a wall. When I hear of people going through w/d paws up to 24 months?! That's craaaazy....I couldn't imagine that. I'm sure it's true!!! I just.....can't imagine...

Don't get fooled by the endorphin flood fools gold. There WILL be times that will pass and you think....omg....im done withdrawling YAAAAAAAAAYY!!!! And then a moment later...BOOOM!!!!!! Your plane is shot outta the sky and you have no parachute...Hell even after Day 11 I called my brother and I'm like hey dude yeah i'll come up to dallas i feel great...and like, 3 hours later....CRASH!!!! No more energy, I wasn't going anywhere So, that's our body trying to find balance, it doesn't know what it wants to do. You won't really know if you're through withdrawling until you wake up every morning feeling warm and energized for 12 days straight, I'm still cold at times when I wake up and I live on the ocean south of houston in texas. It doesn't get cold here. Not compared to Svierge. I don't know everything nor do I pretend I do, my experiences may just be that. Mine.

If I can help 1 person, that's good enough for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello universal being, I was surfing through the unanswered posts and stumbled upon this. While I am not trying to get off of my suboxone right now, I think there is some useful information in this post. I dont recall seeing you around lately, and I hope that you are still going strong! If you happen to see this, check back in and let me know how things are going these days. How are your cravings? PAWS? I always like to hear ho wpeople are doing long after stopping suboxone. Many people quit suboxone, and then we never hear from them again.

Anyway, I hope you get this and that it finds you well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:41 pm 
Goinggstrong- you are someone who I would believe to be sucessful in life.

OVERCOMING ADVERSITY.....

Take the guy drivin' the bentley. Maybe he couldn't get off bupe.... You did. Congrats man

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Winningduhepic wrote:
Goinggstrong- you are someone who I would believe to be sucessful in life.

OVERCOMING ADVERSITY.....

Take the guy drivin' the bentley. Maybe he couldn't get off bupe.... You did. Congrats man

Winningduhepic, while I totally hate to throw away a nice compliment (lol), I think I should let you know that I am not off of suboxone. I just started taking it 2 months ago. Maybe you confused me with someone else. Although I would like to think that I am still someone who is capable of overcoming adversity. HAHAHA! I hope I haven't shattered any nice opinion you had of me! Have a great day!