[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw[/youtube]

This one is good too. Girl can sing!

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dairy Queen,

I like the Adele song, I almost cut it off around the one minute mark because I wasn't getting into it, but then WOW, she kicked it into high gear!

Holy Wow on Foster the People-Pumped Up Kicks....I LOVE IT!! I wish someone in Bum Fuck Kentucky would start a radio station that plays ALL kinds of good music......I miss SO much killer music because all I get is the regurgitated stuff that's on "brand name" radio. There is 1 "modern" rock station where I live, 1 oldies rock station and all the other stations have Banjo's and I AIN'T listening to Banjo's!!! :lol:

I just downloaded the Pumped Up Kicks song and started playing it on the computer and this big silly grin just swept over my face. I love it, great beat....great melody....straight up addictive!!!

Did you ever listen to that song that Kinetix suggested, it's called Fader by The Temper Trap. Fader favors this song, at least to me it does, I think you would like it. I got hooked on Fader for weeks!! Everyday, all day I was listening to it.

While I was listening to Pumped Up Kicks (for the 4th time!!), I got to surfin' this thread a bit and found some of my old posts.....just reading the titles of some of the songs I was listening to as I progressed through my PAWS brought back a flood of emotions. I could remember EXACTLY what I was feeling and doing while I was listening to those various songs. Amazing how far I have come mentally, some of those songs bring back some dark memories, some of the songs bring back some OK memories.....it's a GREAT reminder of how far I have come, I feel SO much better emotionally these days, I guess I didn't realize just how much progress I have really made.

Thanks DQ for updating this thread and giving me the chance to take a little stroll down memory lane to realize how far I have come. I NEVER really thought I would be where I am today, I thought I would basically feel like shit for the rest of my life......OK, I've got to shut the hell up or I'll go on and on all day long. I'm just SO moved right now. Thanks again bud.

Romeo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Great collection of music DoaQ. You got a good taste in music.

hatmaker510 wrote:
Crowded House.

aussie band! :D *waves the flag*

I would post some of my most loved music, but your average person would find it incredibly weird and mind contorting.

So here's one from my 2nd tier faves:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxvf7gR4-2M[/youtube]

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: ditto
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Apologies for the thread hijack.

chinagirl wrote:
So, I did take vic because of seeing her and the detox...so I can't induct til tomorrow if w/d are bad enough. Right now I am still doing ok....and it is day 5 post methadone. I'd never have thought I could do this. Dr. won't give me Clonodine and I wonder if he thought I said Klonopin...oh well. I see him Monday.
My symptoms are just fatigue, sneezing, coughing, gi upset, headache, electric shocks, a few yawns and a little water eye. Just not enough yet to start sub, but obviously I'll now wait 24 hours after vic to induct anyway.
So. there is it.
thanks for the support and thanks for the music links....love that!

I've done the switch from done to sub once. The first 12->24 hours can be a bit rough, but after that you'll feel "alive" for the first time in ages. It's a good feeling. Similar to what it feels like to be off the sub post-detox. There's something awesome about getting some feeling and color back in your life. I always found methadone so saturating and numbing, and having the 24/7 barrage was in a way more numbing than my using days (which were just chaos).

Honestly I think if you do have any precipitated withdrawal it'd still be the methadone. Maybe I'm freaky, but in the past I could have 8mg of suboxone in the morning, use at 10pm that night then have my subox at 10 the next morning with no issues. But my liver is a strange animal like that. I don't recommend anyone else try this, cos (a) using sucks and (b) you'll probably feel ill.

Now back to the music! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tearj3rker -

Bring on the wierd and mind contorting music I say! I'm intrigued.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Okay!

I've got a soft spot for electronic music, and I used to produce and play live a lot before I pawned all my equipment. Anyway, I'm getting back into psychedelic trance at the moment. Mind you, people either love it or hate it it seems. It's not the kinda music that grows on you. It'll either blow you away, or drive you nuts.

This one I like because the clip is whacked out:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM0Dxph0Hnc[/youtube]

This is my fave track at the moment:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXf5Tawp7_4[/youtube]

And here's one to bring you back down (chillout):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCsfUXFmBDQ[/youtube]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I f'in love this song.

I feel like I completely killed this thread with my previous tunes, so here's my redemption:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATSNwF32Hf4[/youtube]

This clip was shot in my city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This guy's new tune is phenomenal. I'm not sure how many tunes from the UK break through into the US, which is a shame because they make some really good stuff!

*warning: shows a woman smoking a crack pipe. really beautiful song however**
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAWcs5H-qgQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXvzzTICvJs&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

This guy is going to be huge.