It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:14 am 
New Poster
New Poster

i have no insurance and i pay around $180 for 30 8/2mg at a small local pharmacy

Post subject: Hmmmmm....
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Great Question. I live 120 miles away from where I get my subs. I am in North East PA, but drive to Jersey, right outside of Phila, PA. I get 12 mg per day, or 45 subs for 30 days. The script, with the pharmacy discount plan, comes to $292.XX, doctor visit is $100. Pharmacy is Rite Aide. I think that is about $6.50 per pill, minus fuel to go get LOL. Extremely cheap compared to active addiction thats for sure...but still over priced in my opinion. I am not complaining and happily run up a credit card balance every month if no cash for suboxone. :?

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject: cost of subs
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:12 pm 
I live just outside of Richmond, VA, which if anyone doesn't know is basically a medium-sized urban drugged-out, desolated slum. A lot of drug addicts, anyway. I spent a few years roaming the streets while in active addiction. Thus, I am willing to do what it takes (legally) to find a way to pay for my Suboxone. I take a lot of psych meds but this stuff comes first :D .
I get my Suboxone at a CVS and the actual cost of the drug is $6.05 per 8 mg pill. My co-pay is $3.20, and Medicare Part D and Medicaid pays the rest. Luckily I have disability that pays for all my meds (taking 6 currently).

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I guess I'm really lucky! I use my Insure Oklahoma Insurance and pay a $10 copay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I paid $147 for 15/8mg tabs Suboxone at Rite Aid,and $85 for a 15 minute visit for the script. I am also required to take a urine test every month and that costs $75! ALL CASH..Tricare Prime will not cover it!
S. E. U.S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:58 am 
I just started the patient assistance program this month. Im from the US, Alabama that is and my suboxone were $6.25 a pill. When i first started 1 year ago they were $5.75 a pill. Anyways, hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:13 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm in norfolk, va and at the rite aid I pay 399.00 for 60 of the 8mg. tablets

Post subject: Suboxone is expensive!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I pay about $250 for 30 pills. That's about $8.30 each for 8 mg Suboxone here in Connecticut. Although the pharmacies vary in price, they are all about $10 more or less from this price (between $240 - $260). Believe it or not the tiny local Mom and Pop pharmacy here is actually cheaper than Wal-Mart! Makes me sick! I don't have insurance and I am facing rough times so I don't know if I'll even be able to afford my next RX!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

EMT-Steven wrote:
$63.36 for 10 pills. - Dollar Drug in Santa Rosa, CA
That's with a 20% Discount.

It's the LOWEST in the county!!

*Why the FU#$ is it soooo friggin' expensive to get clean and soooo cheap to abuse drugs!

Not sure what drug you were abusing, but even at 1000.00 a month for Suboxone it's a fraction of the cost of abusing if you figure in ALL the cost. Jobs lost, car's crashed, health issues, sold personal treasures, missed work etc.There were times in my life I was buying oxcy's for 20.00 a pill X 15 to as high as 20 pills a day off the street. I can't even begin to tell you how many 100's of thousands of dollars I blew on opiates in a lifetime.
When I was in my last treatment in 2004, they made us sit down and actually figure out the cost of our using years. I was sick to my stomach for days after that exercise cause I could have bought and paid cash for a half a million dollar lake home in Minnesota or beautiful cabin in the Colorado mountains. I didn't even finish the total once I hit a half a million because I felt so bad.
I'm 59 and have been living with addiction most of my life. I can tell you that before you blink your eyes, your gonna be in the same boat wondering where did all the time, dope, people and money go. Don't let that happen!! Pay the price for suboxone, even if it's for the rest of your life need be... You will be soooo far ahead!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

oh so true! the price of the sub is nothing compared to the money and lost time spent over the years of addiction! I am 53 and hear ya! I avoid "totaling" tho bc it makes me depressed! LOL
but you are so right..any one out there asking why the cost of sub is so high should consider the alternative..then they will think twice(in my humble opinion)
One of the things my Dr told me from the beginning was to NOT think about the cost of the treatment but to think about the cost of my addiction..to my family, friends and self.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:32 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi, I am taking Suboxone for almost two years. First like everyone I found a doctor, paying $150 at first, and $200 for 30 8mg. After 6 months, he put me in to a program for low income people to get it for free for a year. and after a year, we requested extension and they gave me another 6 months in this program. So I was getting worried that I was close to the end of this program and no way to afford to buy it, considering taking two 8mg per day. and I didn't want to stop it, because it helps me with my back pain. Anyway, I searched the internet and found out about research study and found one. I called them and they interviewed me over the phone and gave me an appointment. I was qualified and started the program for 9 months. All I have to do is to go there two times a week, they do a urine test first, visit with the nurse, and the doctor and give me one to take right there and the rest to take home with me. I live in California, Orange County and I participated in UCLA Research Study in LA. They still need more patients through the end of the year. I am posting their phone number in case anyone was interested. They also do counseling and at the end taper it down. 310-267-5304 or 310-267-5475
Good Luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My husbands job just cut health coverage plans from all the workers last month. Paid 10 a tablet for subutex at the Medicine Shoppe in Chippewa WI last week.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was in total shock when I went to the pharmacy to pick up my script and was told I only owed a 9.00 co pay!! My Insurance (tricare) now covers suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:01 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I pay 188.00$ for 30 8/2mg Suboxones from Gemmel's Pharmacy without insurance, in Southern California. Cheapest I could find.. I called nearly 15 pharmacies, half of which were disgusted with my question and wouldn't answer it, and the others ranged from 205-250 for 30.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I live in texas and I pay $30 for 90 8mg a month. Without insurance they are about $6.80 a pill at a little local mom and pop pharmacy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Approx. 7.50 per pill at rite aid in phila. Pa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

And I would like to know why Tri-Care Prime won't cover this. They seriously need to get with the times. This is BS. Plus considering all the people coming out of the war that wind up addicted to opiates after self medicating their PTSD.....they certainly ought to be covering it. Boy it would be nice to pay nothing for my scripts!

I have no idea what they actually cost. I am paying $30 for 38 8mg pills but that is with insurance. It used to be $70 but now it is only $30.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject: Pricing here in N.Y.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just got a script filled for 69 pills @ an independent Pharmacy here in upstate New York near Syracuse & it was Approx. $433.23 for the 69 pills - (8/2's) insurance covered all but $3.00 co-pay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

WOW I fell very lucky.

I get my suboxone for free. I just got 90 pills for a month because I take 24mg/day.

I got a 75 off coupon for buying the films. And since my insurance would charge me 50.00 ....I get it for free. That deal is going on until march 2011. So each month I will get it free.

I thought I saw this online somewhere, so if you can get your doctor to write the RX for the films, it might at the least, save you 75.00

Jessica Portland, Oregon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I hope its ok t opost this.....

heres the 75.00 off coupon

http://forheretohelpprogramsavings.com/