It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: lisinopril and suboxone?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:38 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Finally found the name of it. can I take this blood pressure med with my suboxone? I'm pretty scared cause read suboxone lowers your blood pressure and mine is still high as a kite. Any feedback would be great!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:40 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi RonnieSR -

So, first, YES you can take that as I do.

When I started suboxone, I had moderate - high BP. I always have run high - but ignored it.

Well, about 2 months into suboxone, I was in the office, and my BP was something like 159/115 or something. He took it a couple more times, and the bottom number was always over 110.

So, he gave me a script for the entry level of linsonipril with HCTZ (a diuretic). What is amazing, is that the next visit my BP was down to 138/85 or so. I started walking briskly 4-6 times a week - and this last visit was 118/78.

He was surprised the small dose did that much, but I really don't care. It works, no perceived side effects or interactions, and I don't worry as much about the long term bad effects of ignoring hypertension.

Hope this helps. I'd be on it today if I were you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:35 am 
Hi Ronnie! Yes, I agree with Lathedude....If your B/P is too high, you need to be on medication for it. I do not have any problems with hypertension myself, but my Mom and Dad both do. I know with my mother it took a little while to get the "right" med at the "right" dose which was a little frustrating, but after a few trials her blood pressure is well controlled.
I don't have any specific knowledge of B/P meds with Suboxone, but I can't think it would be a problem. It's reassuring that Lathedude is on that same B/P med with his Sub and has done well with it, so I'm thinking you'll be fine too. You certainly don't want to let your high blood pressure go untreated....too much damage can be done.
Good luck with the new med and I hope everything else is going well for you!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ok now I'm scared I've read about 200 reviews and all negative. Depression, weight gain, no sleep, dizziness, headaches. I already have severe migraines, I don't know what the hell to do now I'm 6'4" 293 lbs I need to loose weight to help with blood pressure hopefully that will be enough!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:49 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Lisinopril treats high blood pressure (hypertension) and congestive heart failure, as well as improves survival after a heart attack. It belongs to a group of drugs called ACE inhibitors.