It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Lukewarm Mixture - OK?
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:58 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Is it OK to store the mixture (used with the strips) outside of a refrigerator? I want to store it in my desk drawer (I don't want my family to know, as much as I would like their support, because they may take the subs away from me and I will have a bad withdrawal, or take me to a fancy expensive doctor)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Think this would still work with an 8mg strip in 32mls of water to make 0.25mg per 1ml? Anyone made something really dilute like this or even an 8mg in 16mls and actually is using it for taking a small dose like .25 or .5 ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

^^^Yeah, it will work. Or you could cut the strip in half and put 4mgs in 16ml of water to get the dose you want without making up so much solution all at once. People here have tapered down to lower doses than 0.25.

-Jack Kornfield

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:56 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have read through the thread somewhat now and I didn't catch anywhere if someone said they had diluted a strip this much and if they did, how did they keep it under their tongue? My main concern is it being thin liquid and just kind of washing away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I tried to use 1/16th of a strip and it just flushed right away. It seems like 1/8th of a strip is smallest you can use and get it to stay in your mouth well. Which is WAY more than I need. Can someone please tell me how you drop the strips that have been liquefied under your tongue and hold it there for 10-30 minutes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

*edit* If you are a former IV user this might not be a good method for you, as I think some IV users use q-tips for filters? *edit*

A tip for anyone who is trying to use very small pieces of the strip for sublingual use.

Take the amount of strip you want to use, put a few(1-3 DROPS) drops of water in some sort of very small container, add the strip, wait a minute then stir.

Take a q-tip, pinch the end and twist, it should detach the entire little cotton blob off of it. If you can't accomplish this just tear it off.

Drop the little cotton piece in the container with the dissolved strip and let the cotton soak it up.

Allow it to dry.

Then put it under your tongue just like you would the strip normally.

If you are trying to get a tiny dose, something smaller than you can cut then you can add enough drops of water for, lets say 2, pieces of cotton ( i.e. both ends of the swab) to the smallest piece of strip you can cut. Make sure the pieces of cotton are touching each other as much as possible in the container and make sure there is enough water to thoroughly wet them all, this should devide the dose pretty evenly as they dry.

Post subject: Tapering and new!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello all, I just registered so please take it easy on me as I will have to learn the rules and policies of posting. At any rate, I have read thousands of posts online regarding sub, and have found this site to be the best suited and most reputable. No judging by others and just a good, positive feel to it. In a nutshell, I have been on sub for around 2 years, starting at 16mg/day when first prescribed (which as we all know is typicall WAYY too much of a dose). Over the last 6 months, I have tapered down to a mere 1mg each day and I take the full dose in the a.m. on my way into work. I've read about tapering all the way down to 0.25mgs and even lower, and to do so by allowing the 8mg pill to dissolve in water. Just a few questions. My doctor would be more than willing to prescribe the 2mg tablets, which I would think would be alot easier and more convenient than having to measure and dissolve an 8mg dose into water and using a dropper?? Also, I feel I will be able to once again reduce my dosage in another week or two. Should I go from 1mg/day to 0.5mg/day and see how I react? I've tried skipping days, and honestly I can do it every once in a while, but mostly I am not quite able to do so on a regular basis.

Thanks in advance to all! I really do appreciate the support. Honestly, this is the first time I have opened up to seek counsel, except for my doctor of course. I've been doing this alone, and quite frankly, feel as if I've done a pretty good job at getting myself all the way down to 1mg/day. Again, thank you all in advance for the feedback and support!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi all,
FWIW, some time ago I asked my MD about putting the bup into solution so that microdosing could be done. He told me he wouldn't recommend it because he thought the bup would oxidize fairly quickly (basically, lose its potency). He has a degree in chemistry and seemed to know what he was talking about.
Can't say he's wrong or right, just passing along the info he gave me. If he is correct, then one very interesting thought relates to the incredible power of the human mind -- if you believe you're taking a dose that won't create problematic w/d symptoms, then that's the result you get. 8)
SI

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

SometimeIdiot wrote:
Hi all,
FWIW, some time ago I asked my MD about putting the bup into solution so that microdosing could be done. He told me he wouldn't recommend it because he thought the bup would oxidize fairly quickly (basically, lose its potency). He has a degree in chemistry and seemed to know what he was talking about.
Can't say he's wrong or right, just passing along the info he gave me. If he is correct, then one very interesting thought relates to the incredible power of the human mind -- if you believe you're taking a dose that won't create problematic w/d symptoms, then that's the result you get. 8)
SI

Nonsense. Bupe is perfectly stable in solution; it is actually available from Reckitt in solution for IV/IM use as Buprenex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

^^^ I don’t think I could have made it any more clear that I was simply passing along info from my doctor and wasn’t qualified to judge the veracity of his statement.

But I will say this: to equate a home-made, non-sterile, aerobic solution of bupe with a completely sterile, anaerobic solution in an IV bag or other medical storage container reflects considerable ignorance.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi, my name is Karen and have been reading for a while. I have been on Sub just alittle under 2 years..started at 8mg worked down to 1mg. Been on 1mg the last 7 months. I use the 2mg tablets of Subutex (not Suboxone). I had tried one time the water method and felt I was only putting water under my toungue. So many people say they feel it almost immediately when they first start the liquid dosing but (for me) atleast that one time ..I didnt feel anything but water. That scared me so I stopped. To me, it was just water. Atleast with my .5 crumb I feel the dose. If my plan is to taper down, I should feel something right at the higher dose atleast or I thought I minuz well just be putting water under my toungue. Most people start when they get to the 1mg going down which is where I was so it was approx 1mg or less that I tried (maybe .5 at that time)? That is where I was but again, felt like water to me..and just water. No other sensattion or even light buzz. BUT. now ready to try again.

Question:

Subutex should work the same as Suboxone right? I have horrible "generic" pills that are so chalky and basically disinigrate if you try to cut beyond 4 pieces. What I do now is cut in half, then cut each half in half with a razor blade. But I need to taper more now and hate the inconsistency and so relate to everyone who needs to be accurate. It is very emotional for me to not get the dose right. I feel why go through ANY withdrawal if only to have to deal with it again if your next piece is larger? Then I find myself working against myself and "jonesing" for the larger pieces every dose. Disappointed when I am stuck with the smaller ones. Total "drug" behavior.

I am going to try a similar schedule to Anne Marie but she never posted her schedule? She mentioned in one of her posts that she was going to post that but never saw it. I think she tapered 10% every 3rd day then in the last .4 tapered up to 20% daily (as opposed to every 3rd day). She stayed a couple times longer at a given dose (I think between .7-.5 she may have lingered 5 to 10 days due to the half life giving her some issue). I plan to do the same. She also used .05 emergency doses now and then. I just dont understand the cigarette filter thing? I dont smoke and surely dont want tobaccoe in my mouth? Can someone explain what a cig filter is? The brown section that is put in one's mouth (the end of cig that goes in your mouth) or is it something else? How do you know you are getting all the sub from that and she also didnt explain that after you put that in the filter..does she store in fridge or can you keep that open to the air? (talking about when she said she saturated the cigareete filters and used those pieces because she had issue with the liquid staying in her mouth)> I would like to try that but need more detailed explanation? also, if those pieces need to be kept fridged or not?

I will be using a basic 1mg syrnge as not sure why people are worrying about water/mg ratio when you shouldnt have to worry about that..I am planning on using same ml/mg ratio and use the syrnge to tell me what is accurate. My syringe is 1mg that has markings all the way down to .1 (so if I need .8..just draw up to .8)? Why are not everyone using these types of syranges. Adding more water would make me feel like I am diluting more. I also am convinced my pills are not evenly distrubuted. Some times I have withdrawls even without tapering..feel I just took a bunch of filler or chalk sometimes and not the actual dose. Other times, one of my crumbs gives me an immediately buzz? Yet "technically" same dose? So adding more water would depress me more thinking I was just taking water on my dose than bupe.

Also, question to the person that was worried about using under toungue for my bioavailability..suggesting snorting or using drops of alcholhol to help absorb..isnt the goal to decrease sub anyway? So why would I want to take it up my nose when all this time been using the pills crumbs under toungue..in theory if what you say is true I am only getting a miniscule bup to what actually the pill says (ie. 1gm to 2mg pill) then I prefer to keep going my way as then all these withdrawals have been cloeser to my goal, right? Snorting now or getting more out of my pill would be going backwards? Unless I understood you wrong.

Anyway, will start tapering this weekend going from 1mg to .8 using a 1mg syringe (bought these on Amazon and you can buy by the case). Plan to take .4 in am and .4 around 2p (my regular schedule).I will crush a 2mg pill to 2ml of water, draw up .8 using the syrnge all the way to .10 (if possible).

I will let you know how my taper goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i really like the idea of liquid tapering.i've read up on it for dosing down slowly from xanax with great results.problem is now we mostly get the strips,not the stop signs.i happened to grab a nice amount this week of the tabs but will the strips dissolve as easy as the tabs will? i plan on starting the taper once i know for sure my body can handle exactly 3-4mg/ed for at least a week.i get to the 3mg point but by nightime i start feeling a little sick.if it's towards the weekend i'll try and ride it out until i go back to work on tuesdays.

plus i'm sort of into amatuer bodybuilding and start my new routine monday after a long 4mnth long layoff which seems to help with the sides a bit better.it's almost like a double edged sword.if i continued my pattern of using,getting clean,relapsing,getting clean i know i'd never make it this far.i stayed on them out of fear of relapsing but as most addicts when the little doesn't do it the little gets more and more,bringing myself up to 24mg/ed.took me a year just to get down to 8mg/ed and now fighting to stay at half that.without it i can't function.unfortunately with no health insurance i have to procure mine any way i can...

i did however find a few doctors listed in my immediate area from this site and will make a consultation appmnt this coming week to see if i can get a legit script for them.i figure this will take a bit more stress off and getting off of them a little easier.i really want it this time.too many friends that're younger/older are going to be on for life and imho it's better than the methadone route but it's still a chain none the less.will keep on reading as i go along and post up my experiences.thank you guys so much for your help...OS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My method is close... U put the liquid in an empty nose spray bottle and I've been able to taper from 8mg to 1-2 mg or less with little to no symptoms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on Suboxone for over 5 years. I currently take between 8 and 12 mg/day. I also use the strips. Please some tapering help I want to get off. One problem I have some heart issues and my resting pulse is about 110. Anxiety and stress are a very bad thing for me. Help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The films should dissolve alot easier than the pills did....i mean, films dissolve almost instantly in your mouth

...doing a liquid taper is pretty genuis.....i been on heroin/meth/subs so long now i dont know what it will be like...i can get as many detox meds from my Dr as i need....alot of people in my area are doing good on the vivatrol shots .....that would be the ultimate goal....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:17 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been on Suboxone for over 5 years. I currently take between 8 and 12 mg/day. I also use the strips. Please some tapering help I want to get off.

Post subject: almost off... finally
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am using the films too.
Started at 30mg per day.
2.8 years later now down to .... dig this...

.5mg per day.

I cut the films up into tiny strips.
My sub doc uses a 3 times a day dosing. It has worked great.
I now take a tiny sliver 3 times a day to total .5mg.
It's a pain in the rear but it works. I let it sit in my mouth for at least 10 minutes and typically 15 minutes.

The lower you go, the slower the step down process should be, especially the longer you've been using.
Have patience.

I will next cut out the middle dose in the next week or so, going to twice a day.
That should be interesting....

Even with what I'm doing, my guess is I won't stop completely until October or so.
Wish me luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tapering off Suboxone definitely works.
You can absolutely cut a pill into as many smaller pieces as you want to... fourths or eights are preferable as you want to take as little of that medication as needed. Just enough to make u feel better / almost normal but no more as you dont want to become dependent on them.

Good luck everybody!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This thread was always at the top of the list, back when I had the module that listed the post with the most views. Now you can find the most-viewed posts, but only with in each specific forum section, but selecting the values at the bottom (most views, most replies, etc). I am posting now to kick this topic back into the pile, in case those who have joined in the past 6 months would like to see it.

J

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:42 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

why this post helped me so much. I hope someone else can find the help I did with it. If it moves that may not happen. just my 2 cents

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next