It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Liquid Taper Questions
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:27 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi Guys and Gals!

I have been on Subutex/Suboxone for a year and a half. Prior to that I had a small pain pill problem. 5-7 5mg Vicodins a day. In hindsight, I probably would have chosen to just quit the Vicodins, but I didn't know then what I know now.

I have been reading a lot of information on this forum about the liquid taper. I decided to give it a try today. I was already down to .5 mg but skipping days was still too difficult. So...

I mixed up a solution of 2 mg Subutex pill to 10 mL water. When it was time for my dose today, I took 2 mL water, or what I HOPE is .4mg of Subutex.

It seemed to work very well! I am on a bit of an accelerated plan, due to the fact that I have a new job coming up, and I'd like to be done by then. There isn't any pressure from the outside for me to do this. It is simply to goal I have set for myself. I have four weeks, and then I'd like to be done!

So, with four weeks to work with, I plan on staying at .4mg for 10-14 days depending on how I feel, and then going to .2mg.

So, my questions are:

1st) Does my math sound right? I hope so but a double check would be awesome.
2nd) Does anyone have any tips and tricks that others have used with the liquid taper method?

Any other words of encouragement would be appreciated. I am doing well, and not very uncomfortable, but still scared of becoming very uncomfortable...

Post subject: Not I
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:54 pm 

Welcome ZeroSub to our forum. Sorry, I have no experience with the liquid taper method but many here do. You can either wait until they post back or do a search here for that method. We've had several threads describing how to do it.

Wow, being put on Suboxone for such a small hydro habit really ticks me off. But it's too late now and from the sound of your attitude I would say you are doing all the right things and will be successful in your taper and jump. Just keep posting so everyone can support you!

Glad to have you with us,

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Good for you...yes, you math sounds right.

If I was to make a suggestion, I would say to get yourself a very small 1ml measuring dropper with markings in .1ml increments(most pharmacy carry them behind the counter if you ask). I preferred putting less liquid under my tongue. 2ml seems like a lot for one time? I wouldn't put more than .3-.4ml under my tongue at a time, since the more liquid I had in my mouth the harder it was to keep from swallowing and under my tongue. Plus, you can really dial in a small dose with a smaller dropper.

Also, if you're in a time crunch you may be able to go a little faster. I dropped my dose about every 6-7days without much trouble, but I was also dropping in small increments .1mg - .05mg at a time. Let us know if you have any questions. Keep it up, it's not that bad....